Just got an NCEES email saying October PE exams are canceled.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a great community. I have a question about the NEC version to use during the exam.

If the 2020 NEC was released this year, we were able to still use the 2017 NEC for the exams administered in 2020.

If I schedule the exam on December 2020 can I still use the 2017 NEC?

If I schedule the exam for January 2021 does that mean that I have to get the 2020 NEC?
Welcome to the EB. The NCEES specifications for the Electrical and Computer exams state "Codes and Standards Valid through September 2023" so the NEC 2017 will be used on the exam reference until that date. Unless the specifications are revised before then.

So, CBT exam will be closed book exam in Texas? Confirmed already? That mean cant bring study reference materials? But can we search pdf on computer?

If yes, we need to practice by using pdf instead of hard copy book to easily find the location?

Anyone, want to see all study materials for PE electrical power and I am gathering study materials. Thanks. 

So, CBT exam will be closed book exam in Texas? Confirmed already? That mean cant bring study reference materials? But can we search pdf on computer?

If yes, we need to practice by using pdf instead of hard copy book to easily find the location?

Anyone, want to see all study materials for PE electrical power and I am gathering study materials. Thanks. 
ALL CBT exams are closed book.

You cannot bring any books with you. This is all explained in the NCEES Examinee Guide on their website.  

Back