Job Gripes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pro-rated or the full amount?

After I had been here 2 years and got settled, I started to get job offers from back in Atlanta, I was able to use them 2 times to get better pay and a better position in Denver - I was willing to go back to the "ATL" if it didnt work out - but maybe you can see if they will change there mind on the postion they had talked to you about?  At least maybe give you some options?
It starts to get pro-rated after 1.5yr, then fully gone at 3 years.

I guess I will see what happens when I talk with my boss. I think he could offer me more money. But then I think back to when I originally turned the job down, and ask myself why he didn't offer more then? If I were a betting man, my guess is he'll say something like "we can make you a protection engineer, but it will have to be after x amount of time." He just hired another SCADA technician to work with me (surprised I wasn't asked to be on the interview committee since I will be delegating tasks to them as the SCADA engineer), and that makes me feel a little better since I won't be leaving the other SCADA tech completely high and dry.

Got a job offer today for protection engineer from my previous company. Looks like a decent offer, but waiting to hear back on my counter offer.

If they just meet halfway I'll take it. At least I can get the experience I want and get to hang around the family for a little while.

Got a job offer today for protection engineer from my previous company. Looks like a decent offer, but waiting to hear back on my counter offer.

If they just meet halfway I'll take it. At least I can get the experience I want and get to hang around the family for a little while.

Is that the same company @Dark Knight is a relay engineer at?  Large multi-state utility?

I hate it when people say "There's 10 more minutes left in our meeting. What else should we talk about?" 

JUST LET US GO!
I have been pleased that the past few weeks there have been a ton of meetings that ended with, "I'm giving you back x number of minutes of your day" Not super please with overall volume of meetings though.

Back