Its the most wonderful time of the year.......................

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'll be me, the wife, and the dog this year for hopefully 4 mellow, relaxing days. No goofy relatives, no long hours in the kitchen, no holiday traffic, etc. We generally keep to ourselves and don't do much for holidays and it works pretty well for us. Any of our few close relatives are out of state anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It'll be me, the wife, and the dog this year for hopefully 4 mellow, relaxing days. No goofy relatives, no long hours in the kitchen, no holiday traffic, etc. We generally keep to ourselves and don't do much for holidays and it works pretty well for us. Any of our few close relatives are out of state anyway.
Dude - thats crazy. . .i don't know if you can legally have that kind of holiday. . .got to violate some kind of inlaw proviso -

Yeah, i put my foot down on travelling for turkey day. We always have a gettogether at our house, w/ full spread dinner (ham instead of turkey), and cuz wife's side of family is in same town, they come over (at our invite). I told my mom & family no go on us travelling down to see them (about 1hr south), cuz takes too much energy doing two holiday dinners, and with young kids, makes it not so relaxing / enjoyable for us, as noone else in my family has kids that age. She didn't like that much. . .but hopefully she gets over it - we just want a chance to enjoy the day w/ an early dinner and sit around fat & happy watching football! What is so wrong w/ that.

I am going to miss being around a 'big' gathering for the holidays but honestly, I am not going to miss the Soon-2-B ex-Mrs. JR's family and friends! Talk about a bunch of :wacko: with plenty of :brickwall: and :deadhorse: thrown into the mix!

This will be my first 'small' thanksgiving - I am spending some time with my mom and some time in AM with my mom (she works afternoon/evening) and the PM with Commando Girl. I suspect there will be LOTS of leftovers! :eek:hmy:

JR

And what terms are those? Nautical rope and chloroform?

Dude - thats crazy. . .i don't know if you can legally have that kind of holiday. . .got to violate some kind of inlaw proviso -
Well I'm an only child and my wife has 1 sister, who lives in Boston for now. Beyond that we really don't have any contact with any extended relatives.

We don't live anywhere near where we grew up, and we didn't grow up in the same area. Our parents live on opposite coasts. Most of our friends in recent years have been grad students who are pretty transient as opposed to working in the same place years.

We're pretty much free of any family drama in that sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am spending some...PM with Commando Girl. I suspect there will be LOTS of leftovers!
JR always struck me as the type of man who doesn't mind seconds.

If you can somehow work a turkey baster and some gravy into the extracurricular activities you'll be my hero forever!

NaughtySanta.jpg

Question: how did this particular hand configuration work on you? Is there something you need to tell us JR?
Do you mean this --->
shocker-49hs5yhlt.gif

I pictured more show stopper.
You would be picturing correctly!

Ahem, and the family holidays thread has gone completely downhill.
It seems to have gone done in flames ...

Just a matter of time. Like csb, I blame it all on JR.
Me ??!!! What did I do ??!!!

JR

Back