It's Friday!!!!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not only is it Friday, but I have a b-day party at my house (in my honor) tonight. w00t!

Enjoy the par-tay.

This has been one of the world's longest Fridays. The first time I looked at the clock thinking it was lunch time, it was 9:58.

Ladies & Gentlemen,

It is rodeo season in Houston, most of the office has left already. But I volunteered to hang around until closing time and watch the phones. So I am enjoying a ice-cold Coca-Cola and watching the clock...

Ladies & Gentlemen,
It is rodeo season in Houston, most of the office has left already. But I volunteered to hang around until closing time and watch the phones. So I am enjoying a ice-cold Coca-Cola and watching the clock...

You're making me home sick :( I miss Houston terribly, especially the BBQ cook-off at the rodeo!

I get to spend the weekend painting, replacing all our interior doors, painting some more, putting in a new range hood, and did I say painting?
With my upcoming job/promotion the wife has us in a mad dash to get the house listed so we can try and get a new house while the tax credit is still around and while housing prices are down.
Uh, you have to be closed on the new house by April 30, 2010 in order to be eligible for the Existing Homebuyer Credit. If you don't already have your house listed, I'd say that chances are slim that you will make that deadline.

Always with those negative waves Moriarity.
Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

I get to spend the weekend painting, replacing all our interior doors, painting some more, putting in a new range hood, and did I say painting?
With my upcoming job/promotion the wife has us in a mad dash to get the house listed so we can try and get a new house while the tax credit is still around and while housing prices are down.
Uh, you have to be closed on the new house by April 30, 2010 in order to be eligible for the Existing Homebuyer Credit. If you don't already have your house listed, I'd say that chances are slim that you will make that deadline.

I'll let you know as soon as I find something that warrants that type of reaction.

woof...woof, woof...woof. woof, woof

woof...woof, woof...woof. woof, woof
Arf arf arf... That's my other dog impression.

The past two weeks have been pretty damn shitastic... 12-14 hours per day and a bunch of drama between operations and us. After a week, they finally caved in and let us do what we said was needed in order to keep the machine up and running. Guess what, instead of half-assing everything like they wanted to do (which didn't work, btw), we fixed it correctly and everything looks fine. Vindication, BITCH!

Oh, sorry, this isn't the random the random thought thread, but the story makes Friday SO much better. Well, that and lots of Strawberry Lager at home waiting for me. :D

strawberry-2009.jpg

Are men always supposed to be followers? "Manly" or not, that shit's gooooooooooooooooooood. Not like I'm drinking a strawberry daquiri with whip cream and a cherry on top or anything.

On a side note, if you get the chance, try Well's Banana Nut Bread beer or (I forget who makes it)'s Blueberry Ale. Both are excellent indulgences, but are a bit pricey.

Are men always supposed to be followers? "Manly" or not, that shit's gooooooooooooooooooood. Not like I'm drinking a strawberry daquiri with whip cream and a cherry on top or anything.
On a side note, if you get the chance, try Well's Banana Nut Bread beer or (I forget who makes it)'s Blueberry Ale. Both are excellent indulgences, but are a bit pricey.
Sea Dog's Blueberry Ale is really good. They're a brewery out of Bangor, Maine. I don't know if it is distributed nationally, though.

$2 <insert brand here> pints are pretty dang tasty, too!

Back