How Long for California to Review App and Issue License

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sent my update reference last Friday 8/9/2019 using USPS priority mail to be received at BPELSG Monday 8/12/2019.  Got the email today 8/13/2019 for approval for licnesure.  

The next number issuance is this Friday 8/16/2019.  I am expecting the website to update around 6-7pm.   

and I am definitely going to get the stamp and embosser with the bear!!
For the record, mine didn't show up on the website until around midnight...

interesting, i did the searches at 5pm pacific and 7pm pacific and found the unused numbers get assigned around that time.  
I was pondering this for a bit as I was editing the OP for another reason and it came to me.  I checked BPELSG website at midnight.  That has no bearing on when they updated it.  I stopped checking it at 5PM and resigned myself to 2 more weeks of waiting then just randomly decided to check again while we were out in the driveway enjoying some adult beverages with neighbors.  So it updated somewhere between 5PM and midnight which is in line with your findings.

I was pondering this for a bit as I was editing the OP for another reason and it came to me.  I checked BPELSG website at midnight.  That has no bearing on when they updated it.  I stopped checking it at 5PM and resigned myself to 2 more weeks of waiting then just randomly decided to check again while we were out in the driveway enjoying some adult beverages with neighbors.  So it updated somewhere between 5PM and midnight which is in line with your findings.
Cool. I kept refreshing the web page with the next available number for electrical as filter.  The first result showed up at 6:57pm PT on my phone, and the number just so happens is assigned to me.  

The lesson here is finish your work, go home, and look up your number at 7pm PT.  

Cool. I kept refreshing the web page with the next available number for electrical as filter.  The first result showed up at 6:57pm PT on my phone, and the number just so happens is assigned to me.  

The lesson here is finish your work, go home, and look up your number at 7pm PT.  
Absolutely true, I just got my SE license number at exactly 6:59 pm. Please feel free to reach out to me for any structural engineering projects. I am pretty much license in all states now. 

Thank you 

Yaz 

Check cashed 10/15/19

No received application email yet.

(69 days, now past the time where you can’t contact them)

No response to emails, voicemail when calling to ask, looks like they *probably* have the holidays off so it’ll take longer.

So it takes long. Kind of want to update my LinkedIn and work credentials before the semi-annual raises, promotions, and performance goals bonus happens...

Check cashed 10/15/19

No received application email yet.

(69 days, now past the time where you can’t contact them)

No response to emails, voicemail when calling to ask, looks like they *probably* have the holidays off so it’ll take longer.

So it takes long. Kind of want to update my LinkedIn and work credentials before the semi-annual raises, promotions, and performance goals bonus happens...
Yeah, I sent mine in back mid September. Check cashed 9/30/2019. Called the board mid December and they said my application was with the technical review. Haven’t received any emails from the board.

I'd like to remind people to doublecheck the email they submitted on their application, if possible. I have heard of people unintentionally putting in the incorrect email.

Also, check your spam, because you always should.

*snort*       

On topic: took about 3.5 months for me start to finish. And you'll get an email that your application has passed "technical review" (or not) before issuing you a license number. Then, a few weeks after that, you'll get an email with a PDF letter from the board with your actual number.

I'd like to remind people to doublecheck the email they submitted on their application, if possible. I have heard of people unintentionally putting in the incorrect email.

Also, check your spam, because you always should.
Yes, double checking the email is a good idea. I called the board and made sure they had my correct email address. Even though they still have the correct email address, I did not receive an email staying my application was being sent to technical review. It's been in technical review since early November, information I found out just before Christmas by calling the board and asking questions.

You guys tempted me to complain about day 86 after the check, just got technically approved!

2-4 weeks till licensure

Last edited by a moderator:
Back