Games of the XXX Olympiad

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't say I've been looking at his suit, but yes, there are reasons for wearing suits that are tight. Most of the reasons, or science, behind the suits are beyond me. I will say, though, that competing in a tight suit is more comfortable than a loose one. That's my personal opinion, which I'm sure is shared by others. I don't want any part of my body jiggling any more than it should. Jiggle is drag. And the last thing you want is there to be enough "looseness" to allow a body part to become the mast of a crotch sail boat on a start or turn.

okay... I just have to say, and this is in no way to make fun of MasterSlacker... but his image in my mind is Bob Ross... so discussing these tight little swimsuits I keep getting this horrid horrid image of Bob Ross with his hair and what I would think his hairy back/chest/etc... in one of those suits... and then the term crotch sail boat... all I thought of was... I wonder if the crotch sail boat is sailing towards a shore with happy little trees...

I just had to share that because I didn't want to be the only one suffering of that mental image.

And the last thing you want is there to be enough "looseness" to allow a body part to become the mast of a crotch sail boat on a start or turn.
Or for the entire race, if you're swimming backstroke.

Hoist the mainsail, laddies, and fire a salute to the wenches over by lane 1! ARRRRR!!!!!!

Especially on a start where, with the dive and all, there are lots of bubbles and speed and the whole air / water density thing at play. Any gaps could act as a parachute to the suit and create quite a show for the underwater camera.

I know the divers were having issues keeping their trunks on the other night as well. I think my wife counted 4 or 5 bare asses during the mens syncronized diving alone.

As a father of a former swimmer I can tell you that we may never see another swimmer like Phelps. It takes so many sacrifices to be good in a single event. The training is different at the level those folks are. If you are a 100 Fly swimmer, the training is different for the 200 Fly because IT IS NOT the same. Each event requires a different approach.

He is not even a shadow of the swimmer he was at Beijing and is still competitive. I do not expect him to win an individual gold in this games though. He admitted that his preparation was not the same and he became lazy "and it showed". Regardless, we are watching the best swimmer ever. We can say that Phelps is for swimming what Michael Jordan was to basketball.

...and create quite a show for the underwater camera.
What, like this one today at women's water polo?

http://deadspin.com/...-coverage-today
Sideboob!!!

Honest question, MS...why does Phelps wear a simsuit that looks about 4 sizes too smal, and is about to show off his junk and crack? Is there some sort of fluid dynamic advantage to that?
the divers' suits are even smaller...their moms must be mortified. "is that my son's butt crack on international television?"
The ones that look truly mortified are the gymnast's parents, with good reason. I am truly surprised more of them don't end up seriously broken. I get this awful feeling one of them is going to stick the landing on their neck. I heard some radio guy, forgot who, compare the parents' look to watching your puppy play in traffic.

Back