Games of the XXX Olympiad

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, VT. You had my hopes up. I thought this thread would a little more provocative with it being XXX and all.

some of the shows I watch are taking a 2 week hiatus while the olympics are on they aren't nbc shows... so everyone suffers really...but we will probably watch some of it.

I'm just looking forward to the rifle events, because fellow Buckeye and smokin' hot Amanda Furrer made the US team this year!

4amandafurrer2.jpg

Olympics?

Another opportunity for a network to lose it's shirt.
It's NBCs money, who cares? I love watching the Olympics, and am glad that NBC chooses to 'lose its shirt' to broadcast it to us.
Never cared for the summer Olympics, really. And I completely lost interest when they broke them up, rather than doing both every four years.

Will be watching the swimming, that much is for sure. Oh how I miss being able to fit in my old suits. Oh how I miss seeing the girls in their suits even more.

We will be watching. My 8 year old mentions how cool the olympics we watched in '08 were. He was 4 and still remembers that. Amazing what their little minds can choose to remember.

Will be watching as well. But have to from the bar, cause we don't have an antenna yet. Am looking forward to the track events.

One of the girls I used to shoot with growing up, Jamie Gray, finished 5th overall in the Women's Air Rifle event, which was the first event. Feel bad that she didn't make the top 3, only 3.2 points out of first, and less than that to have been in medal contention.

On the plus side, she can party for the next two weeks and have as many "airplane landings" as she wants.

On the plus side, she can party for the next two weeks and have as many "airplane landings" as she wants.
Not yet. I believe she also is shooting in the Women's 3 Position Smallbore event, and maybe another prone event.

I for one am very glad that the Olympics are on right now. I've been out sick for a few days and my satellite has been on the fritz (stupid receiver malfunctioning at just the wrong time) meaning I've had nothing to watch but broadcast television this weekend. Without the Olympics to watch my selections would have consisted of infomercials for the magic bullet blender and Matlock. Thank you NBC for broadcasting the Olympics all day long!

Women's beach volleyball > women's gymnastics ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the Olympics, both summer and winter. There are just some Olympic sports that you never get to see outside of the Olympics (curling in the Winter is my favorite). I'm watching synchronized diving as I type this. I'd take this over a baseball game every day of the week.

There was a game on yesterday (womens) where the had a soft ball that they could bounce or run with and pass back and forth (often throwing over hand like a football and the receiver was catching with one hand) The object was to get it into a goal that looked like a small soccer goal. Anyone know what sport that was? I have never seen it before. We were watching with a crowd and the volume was down very low so I couldn't hear the announcers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back