Football chatter!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
santonio holmes, pacman jones, plaxico burress, michael vick, roethlisberger, marvin harrison (and more that escape my mind presently)
why is it the NBA is called a 'thug-league' again?
It's because of all of the visible tattoos. I'm not saying NFL players aren't tattooed freaks, but you can't see them.

<---(is a tattooed freak)

santonio holmes, pacman jones, plaxico burress, michael vick, roethlisberger, marvin harrison (and more that escape my mind presently)
It's because of all of the visible tattoos. I'm not saying NFL players aren't tattooed freaks, but you can't see them.

<---(is a tattooed freak)
we must not be watching the same games. I have commented during many football games on how you can't see the players skin under all the tattoos.

football just doesn't have the dennis rodman type players of the NBA. Basketball is more of a street game, whereas football is sort of a preppier sport.

i was being facetious anyways...i get why there is that impression for NBA players. I know the NFL is infinitely the most pop sport in America, & hence the media saturates us w/ all the reject goings-on from the league - but still, you have to dig a little to uncover as many societal idjits in other sports as in NFL, though they're def out there.

Football gets downplayed due to the sheer number of players.

Take a scuffle or skirmish on the court with 10 people on it, everyone's watching. Take 22 guys, put them in pads, stick them on a field with 50k people in it, fights might get a blow of the whistle between plays, whereas the NBA would see ejections if not suspensions.

i was being facetious anyways...i get why there is that impression for NBA players. I know the NFL is infinitely the most pop sport in America, & hence the media saturates us w/ all the reject goings-on from the league - but still, you have to dig a little to uncover as many societal idjits in other sports as in NFL, though they're def out there.
It's not only that, but look at the demographics and stereotypes who follow each sport. When the typical suburbanite (who the local media tends to cater to) thinks of the inner-city areas, their thoughts include a pickup basketball game, not football.

Burress is a funny case. There are about three NFL markets where that offense would cause him big trouble - New York, DC and Chicago. If he played for any of the other 28 teams, he would have served a few weeks (maybe) and missed a few games.

Burress is a funny case. There are about three NFL markets where that offense would cause him big trouble - New York, DC and Chicago. If he played for any of the other 28 teams, he would have served a few weeks (maybe) and missed a few games.
i had to read this a couple times for it to make sense...i'm like what the hell does 'offense' have to do with what he did? Oh right, the crime he committed you mean :D . he needed better D-Fence maybe? :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
All this talk about football criminals reminds me of all the trouble University of Oregon has been having recently with their football players.

UofO.JPG

Back