Football chatter!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's too early...

I'm on fire for the world cup this summer :brick:

They have Edwards... oh wait, yeah they need a WR.
Yeah, you know you're screwed when your best WR played for Michigan.
Hey we had some pretty damn good WRs at UM. They all just happened to peak in college.

Now our O-linemen, they always find a way to prosper in the NFL!

You do realize you're trying to defend UM players in a discussion with an OSU guy, right? :poop:

it's too early...
My wife likes soccer, which means I'll be stuck watching the World Cup this summer. She indulges me during the NCAA tournament and the NBA playoffs, so I'll be a good sport and watch with her.

Just because your wife makes poor decisions doesn't mean you should too.

They have Edwards... oh wait, yeah they need a WR.
Yeah, you know you're screwed when your best WR played for Michigan.
Hey we had some pretty damn good WRs at UM. They all just happened to peak in college.

Now our O-linemen, they always find a way to prosper in the NFL!

You do realize you're trying to defend UM players in a discussion with an OSU guy, right? :poop:
That's ok, this UM guy doesn't mind talking to an OSU guy. Sometimes you even make sense to me! LOL :)

it's too early...
My wife likes soccer, which means I'll be stuck watching the World Cup this summer. She indulges me during the NCAA tournament and the NBA playoffs, so I'll be a good sport and watch with her.
my son was born June of '06. World Cup was going on, and i remember going back to hospital day after he was born (he stayed one night) & actually watching a little "football" in my wife's hospital room, between holding him & dealing w/ inlaws. so the quaternary cycle of World Cup will always remind me of his birth...which i guess makes soccer ok in my book (every 4 yrs anyways)

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=36pt]NO![/SIZE]It's baseball season. It must not be contaminated with talk of football.
Don't contaminate the football thread with baseball!
What if someone wants to talk about the good old days of Deon Sanders or Bo Jackson? :dancingnaughty:

That's almost on par with talking about the good old days minor league Michael Jordan.
Bo was THE THING back in the day. We were at old Tiger Stadium once when the Royals came to town and the place was abuzz every time he came to the plate. He ended up hitting a home run into our section in left field. It landed in the walkway in front of us and folks were stacked probably four or five high, trying to get the ball. Eventually, a guy proudly surfaced with the ball and got high fives from his buddies. Everybody dispersed back to their seats, except for a kid that was about ten or twelve. He was lying on the ground crying and holding his wrist. The ushers came to his aid and he kept crying as he pointed toward the big guy who’d got the ball. It was really sad. Of course we were all laughing like h3ll because we drunk. But looking back – yeah it was sad.

Well, looks like my Jets made out like bandits. They got Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick.

While he does have his legal issues, he's one heck of a receiver. Having known him back at Ohio State, he wasn't a bad guy, either. I'm praying that he's the offensive spark they've been missing. If they can pick up another good WR, they have the ability to be a legitimate contender this year.

He's a decent receiver, and will probably do well for them. Just remember he'll be sitting for the first 4 weeks of the season...

Well, looks like my Jets made out like bandits. They got Santonio Holmes for a 5th round pick.
They've certainly signed an ensemble of characters this year. If they are all healthy and/or model citizens, they could make a run.

Signed,

Puckering in Patsland
You got that right. Their next team photo will either be with Super Bowl rings, or a collage of mug shots.

the whole sports world wants to know has Tiger kicked his Perkins waitress habit can T. Tebow throw right?

Charges dropped against Big Ben. Cue Roger Goodell coming down hard on him.

Back