Football chatter!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the whole sports world wants to know has Tiger kicked his Perkins waitress habit can T. Tebow throw right?
I want to see Tebow's first season make JaMarcus Russel look like a first-ballot HOF inductee.

@ Dexman: I heard your boy Jamarcus showed up for off-season workouts @ a svelte 290#. Love it when the apathy sets in so blatantly

Last edited by a moderator:
the whole sports world wants to know has Tiger kicked his Perkins waitress habit can T. Tebow throw right?
I want to see Tebow's first season make JaMarcus Russel look like a first-ballot HOF inductee.

I'd rather him just fade into nothing... if he's bad, they'll talk about him... if he's good, they'll talk about him... I'd rather see him be mediocre... maybe that'll knock his "God-status" down a few pegs....

(bear in mind, he's a good guy... he does good things.... I'm just so sick of hearing his name.... maybe is has to do with my sister-in-law trying to convince her 4 yr old grandson that UF is the "good school" and :wv: is the "bad school"... same with Dallas and Pittsburgh respectively...)

As much as I'd like to see Tebow fade away, I just don't see that "4-hour erection" ESPN has for him going away anytime soon.

rumor is Roger Goodell (nfl commish) sleeps in Tim Tebow jammies

It's not looking like a great year to be a Panthers fan. So far they've let about 6-7 starters go and their big signing of the off-season has been a kicker that was making smoothies for minimum wage last year. I hope I'm wrong and they make some good picks, but their first pick is 48th, so you don't get many game changers then. Oh well.

Reading the anti Tebow makes me wonder why is all that hate. The kid does not deserve it. Maybe people rather see a bunch of delinquents (Holmes, Rothelisberger just to mention the most recents) having good pro-careers, instead of a young Christian man with character and values. That tells you something.

Hope I am wrong but the truth is that Tebow will not have a good career in the NFL, not even mediocre...I do not think he will have a career and that is the bottom line. He has too many flaws as a QB. As much as I would like to see him being a star QB in a league that trully needs people with character and values I know that will not happen since he does not have that kind of talent. If he makes it to a game one DE or Lineman will take him down with a vengeance at the first chance since he has earned all that hate.

On the other hand I am looking forward to the outcome of Mr. Goodell and Mr. Rothelisberger meeting. Will there be a double standard? If Big "cannot keep my penis in my pants" Ben was a black man I would say he is doomed. Out for the season, since this is the second time in less than four years he is involved in something like that. But, being Big Ben...the QB for one of the better organizations in the NFL, I expect a slap in the hands(???...he deserves a kick in the nuts) and the "go and sin no more" speech.

It is always the same with the NFL. One of these days one prison team is going to win the Superbowl but this is not the sad part. The sad part is that there will be fans supporting them.

Reading the anti Tebow makes me wonder why is all that hate.
I don't know a lick about college football, but I thought this guy was supposed to be the best player in town. I don't get the hate either.

And dammit why are we talking about football in April. Go grab a bat and glove!

Reading the anti Tebow makes me wonder why is all that hate. The kid does not deserve it. Maybe people rather see a bunch of delinquents (Holmes, Rothelisberger just to mention the most recents) having good pro-careers, instead of a young Christian man with character and values. That tells you something.
He's a good guy... I don't think you'll find anyone to disagree with that... I just can't stand the constant talk about him... too much hype... he's pretty much the only recruit this year, right? no one else has entered the draft... just him... (at least that's what it seems like)

I'm with you on hating the fact that it seems every "star" in major sports is trying to find the fastest way to the ER and/or prison... I guess that's what we get for making the cast majority of our role models be kids that had nothing and were given all the money in the world...

ESPN has been reporting on Clausen, and Bradford. Sam is expected to be the first pick. I do not share the thought that looks like Tebow is the only recruit. Bradford and Clausen are the only QBs I have heard about. Maybe we are not watching the same TV channel.

ESPN has been reporting on Clausen, and Bradford. Sam is expected to be the first pick. I do not share the thought that looks like Tebow is the only recruit. Bradford and Clausen are the only QBs I have heard about. Maybe we are not watching the same TV channel.

I think the Clausen talks drive me nuts more than Tebow.

I don't hate Tebow for any reason than the fact that he played for Florida, and that ESPN swung from his testes.

Clausen on the other hand, showed up at ND with a cocky attitude after high school.

What has he done there? He got walloped during his first season at Notre Dame, and all the others were sub-par stinkfests as well. Yes, he has good numbers as far as accuracy goes. He should have, since he had some of the best receivers in the nation against a soft schedule with lousy secondaries. Everyone also calls him "clutch." 6-6 with a bunch of "barely" wins and no big games or big pressure... I wouldn't exactly call that clutch.

Maybe I'm just completely disenchanted by his attitude and freshman year, but I Clausen has done absolutely nothing to impress me. I think Bradford will end up being a flop, too, though I think of him as the better of the two.

Spring game is this Saturday!

Yeah!

Go out to the field, and enjoy the weather (that is as long as the rain finishes by then, it's supposed to rain Friday). Not worth sitting through a scrimmage in the rain with 3 kids.

i got zero hate for Tebow. He's 0 for 1 against UofM as a starter. I hope he lands on an nfl team capable of developing him. I doubt he'll ever hurt for opportunity no matter what the future holds for him.

I don't root for the criminal any more than I do than I do for Tebow. It's the typical bell curve of attitudes. You have the handful of criminals (the ones in the news), and a handful of "too-good" players. I don't like either side. I don't like the criminals because of how these individuals are used in the media to create the stigma that all players are like this. I don't like how they become the "public face" of the NFL and how they end up becoming role models. I know it's up to the parents to guide their children with who they see as role models, but when the media shows them over and over, it's hard to get their image out of your mind. I have only seen 2-3 players out of the AFC west in the news as "criminals" in the last year or two, but somehow these few players are used to represent over 200 players (53 players + god knows how many coaches and "practice squad" players).

I dislike the "too-good" players for almost the same reason. It's hard to explain why I dislike them. Yes they are good people, but they show an un-realistic opposite extreme to the criminals. I think alot of it stems from the fact that several of the people i know personally (not pro athletes) who are in the "too-good" category end up being the biggest hypocrites on the planet. They talk of leading a perfect life and scold those who don't, but then say everything is ok when they commit the same "sins" they scold others for committing. This probably isn't the best "public" example, but the one that comes to mind is Sarah Palin (who preaches abstinence while hugging her single, pregnant teenage daughter).

Last edited:
santonio holmes, pacman jones, plaxico burress, michael vick, roethlisberger, marvin harrison (and more that escape my mind presently)

why is it the NBA is called a 'thug-league' again?

Back