FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone received a registration number yet in Florida? Why does everything that has to do with PE licenses take so long? I feel like all you do is wait. Wait 4 years to apply for the exam, then wait to be approved to sit for it, then wait to take the exam, followed by more waiting for the results. Finally, get the results, and they make you wait another month to issue a number. Once your done waiting for one thing, you wait for the next. I wonder why it can't just be like some of the other professional licenses. I mean we are all engineers, streamlining things and solving problems is what we are suppose to do. Sorry, some long overdue ranting on my part.
It's the nature of state employment. No incentive to motivate anyone to perform, and no deterrent for the slack.

I just want to put those two little letters after my name in my emails. I'm just waiting for a letter that says "sorry, we made a mistake, you have to take the exam again." :deadhorse:

I called the FBPE today and talked to a very unpleaseant old lady with a northern accent. I kept asking when the license numbers would posted on the website but she wouldn't say. She did say that the certificates would go out be Feb 15th.

As I gaze .....
CRYSTAL2.gif

I see the online results being displayed by mid-to-late morning on Thursday, January 17th. That's my prediction! :)

JR

As I gaze .....
CRYSTAL2.gif

I see the online results being displayed by mid-to-late morning on Thursday, January 17th. That's my prediction! :)

JR
Shoot Man!!! I went and quit my job based on your prediction. I had planned on ordering my seal overnight and be on my own come monday morning. Now what am I supposed to do? :suicide1:

Weeeeeel not really. But I will be independent by the end of the month. I should be able to get enough subcontract work from my current employer to fill in the time around the people already asking me to do work to get by. And panhandling if I can't :please:

I called the FBPE today and talked to a very unpleaseant old lady with a northern accent. I kept asking when the license numbers would posted on the website but she wouldn't say. She did say that the certificates would go out be Feb 15th.
Great! :mad: She was probably having a crappy day and the fact that she had to answer your call probably made it worse. She's probably thinking "I'll fix those nerdy college kids. Sniff, Snort, Cough, Hack I'm going home early. And I I'll probably be sick tomorrow too."

Jump for joy..........Sit and wait........Jump for joy.........sit and wait and wait and wait.

Anybody have any insight as to what it means that discipline is the only category that has not been cleared to complete?

I just called the FBPE the woman I was speaking to asked if there had been any discipline charges filed against me. I answered how could there be discipline charges against me in the application process. I have painstakingly followed the rules. She then transferred my to Brian Lynch's voicemail.

I'm just afraid that this is one of those stupid things that is going to take weeks to rectify

Wow JR you got the inside scoop it seems!

I checked today at work and nothing and tonight I check and boom myfloridalicense is showing my number!

Hey Jen, I'm also going for comity but in MA and I will be doing my NCEES record first.

My question to you and to anyone else who has gone thru this, would it be safer to just wait for the actual certificate instead of using the number on the website?

In all honesty I haven't finished the NCEES application yet but the wait for the certificate seems soooo far away.

Not to mention several people from the marketing/HR dept keep asking me for my license number.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm so relieved I passed and now the wait just seems EXTRA long. I can't call myself a PE on my business cards until I get licensed in MA which BITES!

Last edited:
I just want to put those two little letters after my name in my emails. I'm just waiting for a letter that says "sorry, we made a mistake, you have to take the exam again." :deadhorse:
lol I live in dread of this happening to me!

yknow some people seem really interested in their passing grade and i guess i am also but i'm just afraid of calling up and asking "hey what was my grade?" and then they go... "whoa! how come you got a pass?"

i did fairly well in my FE (82 score) in 2005 but when i got the PE PASS letter there was no number and sometimes I would like to know if ALL that studying bumped me up to the top 20 percentile but i'm too afraid to ask lol

WEB IS UPDATED...WE HAVE PE NUMBERS!!!!! :D :D
Congrats new Florida PEs !!!!!!!!!!!!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

I am sorry JR...but your prediction did not come true. Maybe you should try another drive-by glare to get them moving on it :)
Ye of so little faith ... I was only off by 1/2 day ... :p

Weeeeeel not really. But I will be independent by the end of the month. I should be able to get enough subcontract work from my current employer to fill in the time around the people already asking me to do work to get by. And panhandling if I can't :please:
Good luck in your future endeavors !! :) I will be driving BY your neck of the woods next month on my way to Tampa. I like to stop at Dan's Clam Stand off of US 41 .... yummy!

JR

Wow JR you got the inside scoop it seems!I checked today at work and nothing and tonight I check and boom myfloridalicense is showing my number!
I know a thing or two about how the system works ... ;)

Hey Jen, I'm also going for comity but in MA and I will be doing my NCEES record first.My question to you and to anyone else who has gone thru this, would it be safer to just wait for the actual certificate instead of using the number on the website?
Good thing to get your NCEES Record started NOW !! I have been procrastinating for months ... just now getting the last piece completed.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to know if you need the certificate from FBPE before applying for your application? If this is your question, the answer is NO .. that license look up portal is considered OFFICIAL for validating your registration status; therefore, you may use the information provided there including the # assigned to you.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

P.S. - I have been thinking about taking a job in Mass. My wife is from Lowell, so she has been itching to move back.

JR

Hey Jen, I'm also going for comity but in MA and I will be doing my NCEES record first.My question to you and to anyone else who has gone thru this, would it be safer to just wait for the actual certificate instead of using the number on the website?

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm so relieved I passed and now the wait just seems EXTRA long. I can't call myself a PE on my business cards until I get licensed in MA which BITES!
My company is itching for me to get my NC license, so I will apply for commity first with NC before starting to set up my NCEES record. I just need to find my FL PE application so I can essentially cut and paste over all my work experience (and then add some, of course, with the new job in NC).

In the same boat too. I will have to wait to get my NC license number before I can start changing everything (although on my email signature, I think I am going to put Jen Evans, P.E. (licensed in Florida).

I know a thing or two about how the system works ... ;)

Good thing to get your NCEES Record started NOW !! I have been procrastinating for months ... just now getting the last piece completed.

If I understand your question correctly, you want to know if you need the certificate from FBPE before applying for your application? If this is your question, the answer is NO .. that license look up portal is considered OFFICIAL for validating your registration status; therefore, you may use the information provided there including the # assigned to you.

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

P.S. - I have been thinking about taking a job in Mass. My wife is from Lowell, so she has been itching to move back.

JR
Thanks JR, since I know I can use the website number as official I will be writing up my NCEES application pronto. I think procrastination runs in engineer's blood, it probably has something to do with being buried with knowledge for 4 years and having a mega exam for each subject. I mean I certainly waited to the last minute to buckle down and do the unpleasantness of cramming.

Anyway as for moving to MA, I can say it's interesting you should say that because my wife and I were planning on moving to FL. I've been doing a bit of research and the pay rate in FL is close to what I'm getting now. That probably means I'm being slightly underpaid but after talking to another fellow PE who is getting the same rate I'm beginning to wonder.

All I can say is if you don't mind the cold and the snow then you may like it better up here. I'm getting sick of it (my wife stays at home) and I'm about due to move to a warmer climate.

Thanks for the info.

My company is itching for me to get my NC license, so I will apply for commity first with NC before starting to set up my NCEES record. I just need to find my FL PE application so I can essentially cut and paste over all my work experience (and then add some, of course, with the new job in NC).
JR set me straight on the license number so I should be sending in my application this coming week. I too had a hard time finding my FL PE application, luckily my wife had done question 7 in Excel so hopefully I can do a cut and paste or just reprint for the NCEES Record. The updating for the past year will bite of course. Why is it that updating resume and answering applications seem to be so tedious?

I guess somebody had to be last. I decided to give Mr. Lynch until noon to return my calls before going over his head and asking what was going with my number. No call so I tried again and asked the receptionist to please not put me into his voicemail but pick me up again if he didn't answer. Surprisingly he picked up. He muttered some excuse about the data sometimes not going through correctly the first time and gave me my number. I ordered the seal a few minutes later from a computer at the dive shop where I was getting my tanks filled (we get our birthday as a holiday).

We wait this long to get our number, there should be some type of double-check when they are posted to correct mistakes if "Sometimes the data doesn't update properly when they enter it the first time."

End of rant. I'm a P.E. now, number 67585. I wonder who the poor soul was that got 66666.

Back