FLORIDA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My second time to this board. I find it much more informative than the "other" one.

I live in Boston, MA but I am registered thru Florida and took the PE for the first time this October.

I read thru the posts yesterday and panicked at noon time while I was at work. I breathed a sigh of relief when the letter was not in the mail yesterday.

I received the letter today and I passed! ME

Last edited:
Passed - Got letter in the mail today. YEAH!!!! Finally, no more having to think about this. I didn't know I'd feel this relieved!

Passed - Got letter in the mail today. YEAH!!!! Finally, no more having to think about this. I didn't know I'd feel this relieved!
Congrats !!! :multiplespotting: :multiplespotting:

It is an AWESOME feeling - that's why we have a forum dedicated to reporting YOUR achievement. :D

JR

I just started using the Board and wanted to wait to see if I passed before making " test recommendations" to others. I had some apparently successful exam strategies that I would like to share. Where is the best place to post those?

I just started using the Board and wanted to wait to see if I passed before making " test recommendations" to others. I had some apparently successful exam strategies that I would like to share. Where is the best place to post those?
There is another thread that mentions a "PE Wiki" - maybe you should try to integrate your ideas there - they even have an exam strategies page. It is mostly targeting civil PE candidates.

http://penotes.pbwiki.com/

Last edited:
Once upon a time, there was a thread called WHAT DID YOU DO RIGHT? Maybe it's time for someone to add to it?

Lets see....

Today I [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to sleep later than 4:30AM. So I got up and checked this site which [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to have any information about why letters may be late to some people. I then checked the DBPR website which [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to have any info other than "waiting for score". So I went diving later with my oldest daughter (12) and [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to bring enough weights, but someone at the site was kind enough to loan us some. Around 4:30 my wife called (I had [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to return home early) to tell me that I had received a letter from ELSES. She met me in town with the kids and didn't [SIZE=18pt]fail [/SIZE]to bring the letter with her. I'm glad, because it said that I wasn't one of the ones that [SIZE=18pt]failed[/SIZE]. I [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to maintain my composure and almost [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to keep from crying.

Lets see....
Today I [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to sleep later than 4:30AM. So I got up and checked this site which [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to have any information about why letters may be late to some people. I then checked the DBPR website which [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to have any info other than "waiting for score". So I went diving later with my oldest daughter (12) and [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to bring enough weights, but someone at the site was kind enough to loan us some. Around 4:30 my wife called (I had [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to return home early) to tell me that I had received a letter from ELSES. She met me in town with the kids and didn't [SIZE=18pt]fail [/SIZE]to bring the letter with her. I'm glad, because it said that I wasn't one of the ones that [SIZE=18pt]failed[/SIZE]. I [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to maintain my composure and almost [SIZE=18pt]failed [/SIZE]to keep from crying.
I am [SIZE=18pt]FAILING[/SIZE] to understand what do you want to say but I assume that you P[SIZE=8pt]ASSED[/SIZE]. Congratulations. If I [SIZE=18pt]FAILED[/SIZE] to read between lines sorry.

I am [SIZE=18pt]FAILING[/SIZE] to understand what do you want to say but I assume that you P[SIZE=8pt]ASSED[/SIZE]. Congratulations. If I [SIZE=18pt]FAILED[/SIZE] to read between lines sorry.
Sorry for [SIZE=18pt]passing [/SIZE]on such a confusing post. [SIZE=18pt]Passing [/SIZE]this test started as an obsession in July. I [SIZE=18pt]passed [/SIZE]on family, friends and many other responsibilities while studying for the test. I walked out of the exam feeling better than I did going in, but was certainly not confident enough to feel that I had [SIZE=18pt]passed[/SIZE]. I [SIZE=18pt]passed [/SIZE]high school in 1977, finally went back and [SIZE=18pt]passed [/SIZE]college in 1993 and through a series of sometimes frustrating circumstances didn't [SIZE=18pt]pass [/SIZE]my experience requirement until 1 week before the application deadline for the October exam. I had a hard time finding three PE references that [SIZE=18pt]passed [/SIZE]muster, I finally used my neighbor, a retired mechanical engineer. Several of the required application items were so close to the deadline that I had to overnight them to the Florida board. The 5 weekend review course was mentally exhausting with no additional time off from a job that I haven't liked for the past two years. I got no financial support or time off for the test from my employer, I even had to take the day before and day of the test as vacation days. I've gone through many iterations of I may have [SIZE=18pt]passed [/SIZE]to maybe not. I started seeing other [SIZE=18pt]passing [/SIZE]results come in from Florida and was frustrated at how long it was taking for me to receive my letter (I guess I need to move closer to the big city). When I opened the letter and saw that I had [SIZE=18pt]passed [/SIZE]I, well, um, I haven't been that choked up since my first daughter was born (proud father of three beautiful girls).

I wish I had found this board while I was studying for the test. The support would have been much appreciated. I am going to keep visiting here to help with the next batch of committed examinees and help them [SIZE=18pt]pass[/SIZE], apparently what I did worked. It would be interesting to find out my actual score. :pASSED2:

Thank you everyone for the sounding board during this period of mutual :brickwall: frustration.

Mark E Schroder, P.E. (waiting for number) :D

Tell me about it. I've been walking on cloud 9 since I opened the letter. I've even read it a couple more times just to make sure I'm not dreaming!

Back