Failed Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be tempted at 70%, but if you look at the application for manual verfication, it says a manual verification has NEVER resulted in a change from failing to passing.  Pretty long odds...unless they just put that on there so that every failing examinee doesn't send theirs in.
Not all states accept manual verification anyway.

Civil Geotech

52/80 - 31 morning, 21 afternoon. Bombed Earth Retaining Structures (0/5), Shallow Foundations (0/5), Problematic Soil and Rock Conditions (1/3), and Deep Foundations (2/5). At least I know what to study for next time for the geo part, very disappointed.

Civil Structural

52/80 - 29 morning, 23 afternoon. 1/6 in Soil Mechanics, 1/6 in codes and construction, 6/10 in analysis of structures, 3/5 in Design and Details of Structures. Much worse than I expected. I knew I was not doing good in the afternoon. But didn't expect the morning result is also so bad... The above four fields I should pay special attention and more time on it. 

Civil Structural

52/80 - 29 morning, 23 afternoon. 1/6 in Soil Mechanics, 1/6 in codes and construction, 6/10 in analysis of structures, 3/5 in Design and Details of Structures. Much worse than I expected. I knew I was not doing good in the afternoon. But didn't expect the morning result is also so bad... The above four fields I should pay special attention and more time on it. 
That is rough man, sorry.  I honestly don't even think that your scores are that bad!

my colleague failed Civil Geotech with 56/80 score. this makes me feel that 70% is not always the pass mark.

Seems like the passing scores for Structural is 53. What about Transportation and Water Resources?

sidiktripoli said:
Would you tell me your State please? Because my understanding that every state with different cut score. Also did you requested the manual verification? 
"Because my understanding that every state with different cut score."

Though possible, not true

"Also did you requested the manual verification? "

Doubt it, never once has it changed a fail to a pass

image.jpg

Does the SofPE still offer the free repeat? Honestly if you have taken their class, failed the exam, and eligible for free repeat jump on that opportunity. Take the summer off and spend time with your family and hit the books again late August. Be sure to take breaks when you're tired and don't forget about your family. I carved out time for my family the second time around and when I got tired I closed my books. I think the breaks and family time helped me stay fresh, energized, and I studied smarter not harder. Don't be afraid to put the exam off until the next April so that you can be well prepared and only have to take the exam one more time instead of multiple times. Be sure to change your study habits, take every practice exam you can, go through as many study guides as you can, and you will get it next time. Don't worry about the cut score. Trying to figure it out is worse than trying to get a donkey to do calculus.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back