Failed Scores

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my fist attempt  I lost 6 binders due to "Loose paper" - Failed

Second attempt earned a 50/80 - Failed

Third attempt mom was in hospice the two weeks leading to the exam and passed away on exam day - didn't take it that round (still paid) - Fail

Fourth attempt April 2016 -- PASSED relief is an understatement 

I was very interested in trying to figure out the cut score so i know what you mean!
That sucks. Really sorry to hear about your mom. I thought studying last summer with a newborn around the house was difficult...

Anyway... GLAD YOU PASSED this time around. HURRAY! Go Celebrate properly...

I took Transportation last october and I failed.

I took school of PE.( they need to update their course)

I read many comments on this forum and decided to go for the EET course. I choosed the webinar class.

EET is excellent. In my opinion way better than the school of PE.

Transportation depth course was excellent. Samir rocks. The course follows the outline of NCEES. He cares about students and he does practice sessions as well. At the end of the class, they have a simulation exam.

I would highly recommend you EET.

Morning crew, Amir and Nazril are also excellent instructors.

Also, I would recommend Goswami practice exams (all of them 2012, 2014 ) , PPI and the NCEES 2014.

The questions are in the same order as the NCEES 2014 practice exam. Exam questions are a harder tho.

dont give up

I know it sucks but keep going

I took Transportation last october and I failed.

I took school of PE.( they need to update their course)

I read many comments on this forum and decided to go for the EET course. I choosed the webinar class.

EET is excellent. In my opinion way better than the school of PE.

Transportation depth course was excellent. Samir rocks. The course follows the outline of NCEES. He cares about students and he does practice sessions as well. At the end of the class, they have a simulation exam.

I would highly recommend you EET.

Morning crew, Amir and Nazril are also excellent instructors.

Also, I would recommend Goswami practice exams (all of them 2012, 2014 ) , PPI and the NCEES 2014.

The questions are in the same order as the NCEES 2014 practice exam. Exam questions are a harder tho.

dont give up

I know it sucks but keep going
Thanks for the advice 

Mechanical T/F  43/80 Ouch.

I'm totally bummed.  I don't know what it is about formal tests.  I just barely got above the minimums on the Exit Exam in HS, couldn't crack 1000 on both the PSAT and SAT, had to retake the FE Exam, and who knows how many times it will take to pass this beast of a test.

Mechanical T/F  43/80 Ouch.

I'm totally bummed.  I don't know what it is about formal tests.  I just barely got above the minimums on the Exit Exam in HS, couldn't crack 1000 on both the PSAT and SAT, had to retake the FE Exam, and who knows how many times it will take to pass this beast of a test.
@SK82, I can relate. I was never a strong test taker. For the FE and the PE, I found it VERY helpful to take full 8 hour practice exams. I took about 3 for the PE and about 4 for the FE. This helped me dial down the timing/pacing and how to mark/move on when a difficult question stumped me.

I also took review courses for both the FE and PE. I did lots of studying before the course and the course helped me narrow down and refine the topics.

Good luck.

That sucks. Really sorry to hear about your mom. I thought studying last summer with a newborn around the house was difficult...

Anyway... GLAD YOU PASSED this time around. HURRAY! Go Celebrate properly...
Not to mention my 3rd child was born the morning after the exam this april, so I had to sail back home like a bat out of hell after completing the exam to be there for the birth of my child!

I took the exam in April for the first time and failed the CE Structural with a 51/80 score. I got 30 in the morning section and only 21 in the structural PM session. I took the School of PE course and while they did a good job preparing me for the AM portion there was not nearly enough review for the PM portion. I know now I need to do more self study for the PM session. I also signed up for the PM review session through EET. Does anyone think EET's AM review session is a lot better than School of PE? I don't want to drop another $600 if the retake I get with the School of PE will be just as beneficial for the morning section. Thanks for any input.

I took the exam in April for the first time and failed the CE Structural with a 51/80 score. I got 30 in the morning section and only 21 in the structural PM session. I took the School of PE course and while they did a good job preparing me for the AM portion there was not nearly enough review for the PM portion. I know now I need to do more self study for the PM session. I also signed up for the PM review session through EET. Does anyone think EET's AM review session is a lot better than School of PE? I don't want to drop another $600 if the retake I get with the School of PE will be just as beneficial for the morning section. Thanks for any input.
Tmac, I'm not advising you either way, but I think the key with study preparation is having a focused and structured study plan/schedule. I failed my first attempt (47/80) and elected not to take a prep course this 2nd time, but passed. However, I did develop my own study plan and focused my study on the areas I was weakest. I say that to say that you may not need to drastically change your study preparation or even take another course since you were so close, it may just be a matter of staying the course and spending a little more time on practice problems.

I went down this road a year ago.  Best I could figure I missed Civil Trans by 1-2 questions.  That just made it hard for me to want to study.  I knew I wasn't robbed but it took an extra month to get my head back in the game.  I passed on 2nd attempt.

Knowing you were close isn't a bad thing if you can channel that into a more focused study.  If it is going to make you feel cheated, stop now, don't go down that path.

I guess 70% of the civil engineers doing that field should quit their jobs? Even with a curved grading, they should not be failing people deliberately like that.
I know and that really sucks! Should I have them re-check my score?

I know and that really sucks! Should I have them re-check my score?
I'd be tempted at 70%, but if you look at the application for manual verfication, it says a manual verification has NEVER resulted in a change from failing to passing.  Pretty long odds...unless they just put that on there so that every failing examinee doesn't send theirs in.

Back