Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
during #2, the anesthesiologist was late in arriving to the room. So he gave her the needle as she was pushing, essentially she gave birth naturally. However, she did feel the effects of the drugs about an hour later.
This basically happened to me too with Tex Jr. By the time the doc showed up he only managed to get the drugs hooked up before Tex Jr. was "on his way". Never lost feeling. Now I think maybe he just wanted to get paid. Not very cool, considering that when Tex Jr. was born we only had $1000 in maternity coverage on our insurance. I paid off Tex Jr. for three years. Still have all the canceled checks.

everything was happening so fast and my primary concern was my wife that I didn't even have time to think. Plus, we got to the hosp friday night at 1130 and she didn't give birth until around 6 am. So one, I was exhausted at that point because I hadn't slept, and two, when she actually started going into labor, she went from 4 cm to 12 cm in no time flat.

First off: this thread is pretty funny. I have spent a little while today reading through random pages.

We are due February 6th, and its nice to see so many people in here talking about things my wife and I have been going through lately. This is our first baby, so everything is new to us. We have been having fun with it, but my wife has had a few complications (kidney problems requiring surgery), so we aren't sure if we are going to have another in a few years or not. Up until the kidney problems, she was for sure wanting another.

I can't wait for the baby to get here, but I am crazy stressed trying to get ahead at work to give myself some time off where I don't have to worry about things around here. January is going to be our busiest month by far for the whole year, so that isn't helping. I'm just hoping they don't try to make me travel at all towards the end of the month!

First off: this thread is pretty funny.  I have spent a little while today reading through random pages.  

We are due February 6th, and its nice to see so many people in here talking about things my wife and I have been going through lately.  This is our first baby, so everything is new to us.  We have been having fun with it, but my wife has had a few complications (kidney problems requiring surgery), so we aren't sure if we are going to have another in a few years or not.  Up until the kidney problems, she was for sure wanting another.  

I can't wait for the baby to get here, but I am crazy stressed trying to get ahead at work to give myself some time off where I don't have to worry about things around here.  January is going to be our busiest month by far for the whole year, so that isn't helping.  I'm just hoping they don't try to make me travel at all towards the end of the month!
Congrats on the baby. They are super fun.

First off: this thread is pretty funny.  I have spent a little while today reading through random pages.  

We are due February 6th, and its nice to see so many people in here talking about things my wife and I have been going through lately.  This is our first baby, so everything is new to us.  We have been having fun with it, but my wife has had a few complications (kidney problems requiring surgery), so we aren't sure if we are going to have another in a few years or not.  Up until the kidney problems, she was for sure wanting another.  

I can't wait for the baby to get here, but I am crazy stressed trying to get ahead at work to give myself some time off where I don't have to worry about things around here.  January is going to be our busiest month by far for the whole year, so that isn't helping.  I'm just hoping they don't try to make me travel at all towards the end of the month!
When I was pregnant with my first, my husband had a trip to the manufacturing plant he works with planned for a prototype build. The plant kept delaying the trip an he kept telling them "it better be soon because I'm not going anywhere after Nov. 1" (I was due late Nov). I think he ended up going the very last week of Oct.
One of my friends gave birth to her first literally hours after her husband got back from a work trip abroad.

Ladies - this is just a husband of a pregnant woman rant, don't think less of me, just better here than to her.

Dammit woman! I don't know what you are craving unless you tell me! I don't know what hurts and how to help you unless you tell me! I can not read your mind, though I am actively trying to use the one skill I apparently do possess and engineer a mind reading machine, but it's still a prototype and your constant demands for something but you don't know what and I should be intuitive enough to figure it out are hindering progress. I love you, but I swear to god I can't survive another pregnancy with you or anybody else for that matter. /rant

Fellow dudes: heed my rant and be warned.

If getting snipped, just don't rip out the stitches during the healing process. The followup visit gets real awkward.

And don't... repeat... DON'T get the snippy-snip during the chillier months. Imagine a spherically shaped cactus "imploding" and collapsing into itself. Where do you think those spines go? :eek:hmy:

I had a no scalpel vasectomy (but there was a large pair of scissors involved)...

Went back to work afterward.. I had 3 very young kids at home and that was the most restful place I could have been....

That you did. I recall that weekend. I meant I was in agreement with RG in that having young kids like I will at the time of the surgery, work is probably the least stressful environment I could ask for.

That was the best $15 co pay I have ever paid!

Did y'all's doctors turn the air conditioning way up?

Back