Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what a bunch of sissies. The cloth diaper of today is nothing like those our parents used on us....although those are still available.

I was pretty adamant about using plastic on the kiddos. The idea of cleaning poo out of the clothe and putting them back on the younglings just grossed me out.

We do cloth and don't even wash them. We live in The Place That Time Forgot and still have a diaper service and can get milk in glass bottles. Delivered on your doorstep if you want.

Does using a diaper service eliminate the savings of using disposable diapers? I know when we looked at it the savings was not worth the hassle. but I also live in town where there is only one service. I know it is not all about the money, but also saving the environment, what's best for baby, blah, blah, blah.

We do cloth and don't even wash them. We live in The Place That Time Forgot and still have a diaper service and can get milk in glass bottles. Delivered on your doorstep if you want.
We were outside the delivery area for diaper service or I would have so gone that route, so we went with the fancy all in one sort of diapers with the velcro so I was essentially exactly like a disposable except you threw in the washer instead of the garbage can.

We were outside the delivery area for diaper service or I would have so gone that route, so we went with the fancy all in one sort of diapers with the velcro so I was essentially exactly like a disposable except you threw in the washer instead of the garbage can.

That's what we had, except you don't just throw in the washer, you have to scoop the poop out with toilet paper and then throw it into the toilet, then rinse the poo out of the fabric in the sink (then sanitize the sink) then put the soggy / smelly diaper in the washing machine (with no other clothes mind you) and then wash them.

Perhaps a delivery service would be the way to go.

That's what we had, except you don't just throw in the washer, you have to scoop the poop out with toilet paper and then throw it into the toilet, then rinse the poo out of the fabric in the sink (then sanitize the sink) then put the soggy / smelly diaper in the washing machine (with no other clothes mind you) and then wash them.

Perhaps a delivery service would be the way to go.
Thats the joy of nursing...there was no need to scoop the poop until solid food was introduced and then they have a flushable liner you can put in that all you do is toss in the toliet without having to touch the poop. they also make a diaper sprayer that attaches to the toliet water line so you can spray the poop off into the toliet.

Interesting, I never knew of any of these fancy gadgets to make it actually possible to do. We gave up on the cloth diapers because of the reasons I indicated and haven't looked back. I kind of doubt that we'll do cloth with number three, since we're so well practiced at filling the landfills will poop sausages from the diaper genie, we'll probably just keep going that route.

Both of my brothers have Diaper Genies and I don't see the need for it at all. Wet diapers can just get balled up and tossed in the trash can in the kids' room They don't stink. Diapers filled with poop sausages get balled up and immediately tossed in the garbage can outside. No diaper smells anywhere.

Back