Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats, Boyd. And thanks for the encouragement. Here's my update: We went to the OB this morning, and my wife's blood pressure was 150/100! :eek:hmy: They took some blood, and are running some tests, but we may be inducing this weekend. The wife is on bed rest now, so my time as husband only are running short. I will let you guys know what happens.

Congrats, Boyd. And thanks for the encouragement. Here's my update: We went to the OB this morning, and my wife's blood pressure was 150/100! :eek:hmy: They took some blood, and are running some tests, but we may be inducing this weekend. The wife is on bed rest now, so my time as husband only are running short. I will let you guys know what happens.
What is the due date again? My wife was induced for both of our kids because they were measuring so big and she is so small. Our so was 8lb-11oz and the doctor thought my daughter was going to be the same size, however she was only 7lb-13oz. The doctor was worried about being able to get them out. He didn't want them to grow any bigger so he induced on her due date rather than letting her go in to labor naturally. It worked great both times.

What is the due date again? My wife was induced for both of our kids because they were measuring so big and she is so small. Our so was 8lb-11oz and the doctor thought my daughter was going to be the same size, however she was only 7lb-13oz. The doctor was worried about being able to get them out. He didn't want them to grow any bigger so he induced on her due date rather than letting her go in to labor naturally. It worked great both times.
February 24th. We are 36 Weeks, 5 days today, so all will be good.

I noticed that it's been a few days since you were last here, so can I assume we have a new family member?

ktulu

ktulu, I was thinking the same thing...

either that or he is painting and doing the nursey punch list on second and third shift!

Sorry for the delay, guys. I did not post over the weekend b/c I was finishing up painting the nursery. Sunday was spent putting together the crib, toys, and nursing rocker, packing the bags, checking at the local police dept. that the infant seat was installed correctly it was), going to the store, and watching the Super Bowl. Then, on Monday, we went in to the OB office to have mom's BP checked. It was about 150/100, and the OB doctor said 'You're done'. Then the fun began. We went home, got the dogs so that we could drop them off at grandma's on the way to the hospital, and were heading to the hospital to be induced. Did I mention that we had gotten about 18" of new snow Sunday night? That was a fun 30 minute drive to the hospital that turned into about an hour. The entire drive, I was thinking 'Don't crash, don't crash, don't crash!' Anyway, we got to the hospital around 12 on Monday, and started the inducement with Pitocin. Mom started having contractions almost immediately, and was already at 1 cm. Around 3:30, the pain level was at a 10, and we called for the epidural. After it was set, the pain level went down to a 4, but not totally away as it should. We tried pulling it out a little to try to set it correctly, but it did not work, so we set a new one. That did the trick, and mom went to sleep for a couple hours. I could not sleep, and stayed awake the entire time. We started pushing around 1 AM on Tuesday, and as of 1:56 AM on Tuesday, Feb. 5, I have a beautiful daughter! She was 6 ponds, 1 ounce, 18.5 inches long. So far she is not fussy at all, and we have been able to get a reasonable amount of sleep. We shall see how long that lasts! We are still at the hospital, in a private room, getting to know our daughter. We will probably go home tomorrow. YAY!!!!! :multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048: :bananalama:

^^^Awesome news FLBuff!!!! Congratulations! I hope mom, baby, and you are all recovering well!

:multiplespotting: :beerchug:

Great news FL!

congrats! :multiplespotting: :party-smiley-048:

I have a similar story with pitocin, our nurse said she doesn't know why they don't do the epi first...

Anyways, glad all is well. What a happy day for you!

Fantastic FL!!

I hope your new +1 family member gets to go home tomorrow!!!

Wow, i'll have to read up on stuff as I thought comign early was a bad thing. (honestly don't know much about it)

The wife and I are expecting as well. She will be through the first trimester on Saturday. Our due date is in late August, but we won't know a "concrete" one until April.

FL, did you get a convertible crib (crib, toddler bed, etc) or did you stick with the traditional crib?

I think we are going to start buying diapers early so we won't be forced to buy massive amounts all at once when the kid comes.

Latest posts

Back