Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, my little girl is beginning to drop. Today was the first day both my wife and I have noticed, so the countdown has begun. We go to the doctor tomorrow for the weekly check-up. We'll see. I am going to ask for an ultrasound so we can get an idea of what position and how big she is.

Great news, ktulu! Make sure to keep us updated and take pictures of the addition when she arrives!

for all those expecting:

Did you choose to find out gender as opposed to being surprised or did your little bundle of joy fully participate during the ultrasound?

All the new little cousins in my family decided not to actively participate much to the chagrin of their parents who wanted to know. One cousin gots lots of pink and lacey stuff (even though ultrasound was not definite) at the shower...turned out it was a boy. He will have a lot of pretty knitted capes to play superman with later I guess.

for all those expecting:Did you choose to find out gender as opposed to being surprised or did your little bundle of joy fully participate during the ultrasound?

All the new little cousins in my family decided not to actively participate much to the chagrin of their parents who wanted to know. One cousin gots lots of pink and lacey stuff (even though ultrasound was not definite) at the shower...turned out it was a boy. He will have a lot of pretty knitted capes to play superman with later I guess.
We chose to wait for the "moment of truth". The ultrasound did not show, or at least that is what the OB said. All of the people that we told when we found out my wife was pregnant, that emailed back, are convinced that it is a girl. So, with the way things work in my life, it will be a boy. Frankly, I don't care. All I care about is that the baby is healthy, which has been confirmed many times at the OB office!

We went in for an ultrasound because of some problems my wife was having with the pregnancy, and the technician asked us if we wanted to know. I was undecided up until that moment, when I looked at my wife and we both just said "yes".

We decided to find out. When my wife had her first, she did not know. But she wanted to have the baby's room ready, so we needed to know. No biggie.

On the topic of choosing to find out baby's sex, we have 2 girls and we did not want to know either time. My husband, of course, said that it didn't matter, as long as the babies were healthy. (That's the right answer.) But, I know he wanted a son. He was in favor of having a 3rd child, but what he wanted was a boy. We decided that 2 girls was enough. We have been truly blessed with 2 terrific daughters, but I understand that there is something that a son can provide for a father that a daughter cannot. I think most men would choose to have a son if given the choice.

"The Talk" is definitely something that every parent should consider as part of parenting. The weight of the world comes down on your shoulders when you have the responsibility of "The Talk". And the "after the talk" continues for many years.

well, my little girl is beginning to drop. Today was the first day both my wife and I have noticed, so the countdown has begun. We go to the doctor tomorrow for the weekly check-up. We'll see. I am going to ask for an ultrasound so we can get an idea of what position and how big she is.
Must have been our eyes. She is still riding high. We have an ultrasound scheduled for next week, so we will see how big she is, and probably talk about inducement. My wife'll be at 39 weeks.

She's just lining up at the starting block waiting for the starter. Let her get ready and set, then she'll go.

My wife is in full blown baby-fever right now. In order to maximize her time off work (she's off summers) we need to get horizontal in August or September so Ive got about 8 months to go.

My wife is in full blown baby-fever right now. In order to maximize her time off work (she's off summers) we need to get horizontal in August or September so Ive got about 8 months to go.
We tried that one, it didnt work... or should i say it worked too well... She got pregnant right when she stopped the pill, we had heard it would take a few months to happen. The timing for my wife going back to work is a little odd, the baby will be at the sitter for only about a month before my wife goes on summer break and we take her out of the sitter.

I hope your planning is as successful as ours was. I planned not to be huge pregnant in the summer, so I wanted babies born in winter - early spring. One in February, one in March. Four to five years apart for financial reasons - college. 1986 and 1991.

There is also a lot of luck in it.

Back