Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't wait to hear all of the "I can't sleep with the baby crying all night!", "It got everywhere!", and "How many diapers are normal in one day?" comments.

congrats Uncle MS! hope everyone is feeling good after the big move.

is there a medical need to induce...large baby already and that extra time could lead to REALLY big baby? The baby will decide when it is time to come out. I am skeptical of drs to push induction at due date. Due dates are subjective to begin with.
Minisnick was NOT induced, he was almost 1.5 weeks early. But my cousin had both of hers induced and both were very horrible experiences. The dr induced on the due date with Number 1 and she was labor for 2 FULL DAYS, and dr had to use forceps to get him out. With number 2, having had bad experience with #1, waited a week after due date to induce and she was still in labor 1.5 days. Inducing before baby is ready isn't always the best course of action.
There is! Mrs. Buff was induced because her blood pressure was rising rather quickly. My MIL had preeclampsia with both my wife and BIL. The OBGYN gave us a warning that Mrs. Buff could be in labor for up to 2 days, but luckily it was just 13 hours.

is there a medical need to induce...large baby already and that extra time could lead to REALLY big baby? The baby will decide when it is time to come out. I am skeptical of drs to push induction at due date. Due dates are subjective to begin with.
Minisnick was NOT induced, he was almost 1.5 weeks early. But my cousin had both of hers induced and both were very horrible experiences. The dr induced on the due date with Number 1 and she was labor for 2 FULL DAYS, and dr had to use forceps to get him out. With number 2, having had bad experience with #1, waited a week after due date to induce and she was still in labor 1.5 days. Inducing before baby is ready isn't always the best course of action.
There is! Mrs. Buff was induced because her blood pressure was rising rather quickly. My MIL had preeclampsia with both my wife and BIL. The OBGYN gave us a warning that Mrs. Buff could be in labor for up to 2 days, but luckily it was just 13 hours.
this is a valid medical reason

SapperPE said:
Went to the ultrasound today, and found out, that I will be the father of a little girl! Now I have one of each, time to stop having kids.
Congrats!

SapperPE said:
Went to the ultrasound today, and found out, that I will be the father of a little girl! Now I have one of each, time to stop having kids.
That's our situation as well. Mrs. Ble has already given me an ultimatum if you know what I mean.

From reading the posts it sounds like I am getting jobbed on the birthing classes. Ours are 4-7:30 every Sunday for 7 weeks!

But I am proud that MiniKep will be born al natural and ....AT HOME.

Thats right my significant other opted for the home birth.

And before anyone goes all medical on me, she is a RN and works in a NICU, so we are both pretty informed.

but I will try to write an update of the whole thing after the birth for those interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
From reading the posts it sounds like I am getting jobbed on the birthing classes. Ours are 4-7:30 every Sunday for 7 weeks!

And before anyone goes all medical on me, she is a RN and works in a NICU, so we are both pretty informed.

but I will try to write an update of the whole thing after the birth for those interested.
Question:

Why does an RN who works in a NICU unit have to go to 7 weeks of birthing classes? Sounds like she could be teaching them.

our were about 2 hrs for 5 weeks, but we missed the last week because minisnick was born.

Question:

Why does an RN who works in a NICU unit have to go to 7 weeks of birthing classes? Sounds like she could be teaching them.
To be honest, the instructor asks her many things during the classes, but it is different giving birth vs caring for a premature baby.

Much of the Bradley Classes are for the partners anyway, what we are supposed to do, etc.

Back