Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The stork brought a little bundle of joy today!!! We went to the hospital 12/26 morning (8 am or so) because the wifey-wife was having some HARD contractions that were between 4-7 minutes apart. After initial examination, the doc said that she's only at 1 cm or so. After a shot of demerol we were sent home to wait it out. Yada yada yada, we returned to the hospital at 11:00 pm to find she was at 5 cm. Finally, at 3:38 am this morning (12/27), Sam was born. By the way, waiting to find out whether it was a boy or a girl was so awesome!
Stats:

W = 7 lbs 4.6 oz

L = 21 in.

Sex = male

In the past 60 hours, I've had approximately 4 hours of sleep, 2 of which were two short naps today between visitations. Sam just finished eating and decided to pass out. This is the perfect opportunity to take a hot shower and hit the couch.
Looks like I was out of the country when this happened, but congrats Slacker!! Enjoy every minute, cause they grow up quick!

I'll probably be contributing a little bit to this thread in the not-so-distant future....
We found out a few weeks ago that the wife and I are finally going to have a little one! She's around 9 weeks now, with a Dr. appt. scheduled for mid January... Here's hoping for a healthy baby! (and an healthy wife, before, during and after!)
Congrats OSU!

I've heard that the higher hearbeats, about 180, mean it's a girl. Boys are supposed to be lower, in the 120's if I remember correctly.

A tip for you firt time parents...keep your pens and markers out of reach.
When my younger daughter was about 5, she got up early on a Saturday morning and when I got up, she had spots all over her face. Little red spots that looked like measles. When I looked closely, I saw that the spots were made with a marker. She also had her name written upside-down on her tummy.

I've heard that the higher hearbeats, about 180, mean it's a girl. Boys are supposed to be lower, in the 120's if I remember correctly.
Old wives' tale. However, what I've heard is if their heart has a neighbor in close proximity known as Mr. Penis, the baby is a boy. Otherwise, it's a girl.

the OWT I heard with heartrates is over 140 girl, less then 140 boy but early on it doesn't work cuz both tend to be high. mini-snick's heart rate lowered every month until about 6 or 7, then it stayed in the 120s to 130s

so it held true for us

^Everytime you post in here, I think 'Are the snicks having another already?'

^Everytime you post in here, I think 'Are the snicks having another already?'
yeah right...you're about due for another sooner than we are ;)
We won't be trying again at least for another year and a half. Mrs. Buff is getting her Master's degree in music education, and has 2 years left. Accidents have been known to happen. I'll just make sure to stay away from Big Lots (right, DV?)

Well, I should probably announce officially in this thread that we are expecting our first child. I have officially entered my second trimester and my due date is August 14th. My hubby and I are really excited, but this not drinking thing is very hard. Especially when everyone else around me is completely plastered. Oh well, its only temporary and for a good cause :)

^Yeah, but I left clues all over the place. Chucktown guessed it several weeks ago!

Just wanted to make sure it was going to be all okay first before I announce it to the world.

Back