Expecting

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any day now. Hell, it could even be today as there are now some "signs"... :waiting:
good luck! Hope the waiting doesn't last too much longer. Signs don't always mean much though.
Yeah, figured that out today as that is all we saw. We have the weekly appointment with her doctor tomorrow, so we'll know more about what's going on at that time. Until then, just more charlie horses in her back and contractions up front.

Well, today's appt was a slight shock. Not much progression on the baby's descent. Seems to be quite content in its studio apartment and is reluctant to stretch out in this cold world. We have induction scheduled for next Monday at 4 AM... Oy! Hopefully baby gets lonely enough before then to come out without the need for additional stress to us.

My wife was scheduled for inductions for both of our kids. They were very happy in there and needed a big shove to get the move on. The hospital in ATL called us when they had room available and it ended up being around midnight when we went in with both kids. Neither of us got any sleep that night because there are always nurses and such coming in the room. 4 AM is probably a pretty good time, you can sleep for a few hours before it's time for business.

My wife was lucky enough to give birth early, but it didn't seem like she was going to. She went to the Dr. on Thursday for her checkup and she wasn't progressed much at all, but her water broke Friday night and Mini-ble was born Saturday morning, so you never know! Good luck and Congrats since I won't be in the country when Mini-slacker is born.

My wife was lucky enough to give birth early, but it didn't seem like she was going to. She went to the Dr. on Thursday for her checkup and she wasn't progressed much at all, but her water broke Friday night and Mini-ble was born Saturday morning, so you never know! Good luck and Congrats since I won't be in the country when Mini-slacker is born.
I had an ultrasound scheduled for the morning mini-snick was born, guess he didn't want to go through that again.

mini snick was early too, although the dr never checked progress because it really doesn't mean much until you go into labor. Contractions started about 1 am and he was born about 4 hours later.

My water broke, but I had to have pitocin. Be prepared for a woman on pitocin to hate you.
My wife had to be put on pitocin after her water broke too, but they gave her an epidural right after, so she was relaxed all the way through the birth. Lucky me!

I refused pitocin. The doctor agreed to wait a few hours and baby was born before he started it.

^^ Why the refusal Mary? Most women are clamoring to get the baby out by that time in the pregnancy.
Two of my sisters had bad experiences when they received pitosin. It causes severe contractions, but does not necessarily make everything else happen - dilation, etc. They both stayed in hard labor for a long time. One ended up having a C-section. It worked out fine for me not to have it.

The stork brought a little bundle of joy today!!! We went to the hospital 12/26 morning (8 am or so) because the wifey-wife was having some HARD contractions that were between 4-7 minutes apart. After initial examination, the doc said that she's only at 1 cm or so. After a shot of demerol we were sent home to wait it out. Yada yada yada, we returned to the hospital at 11:00 pm to find she was at 5 cm. Finally, at 3:38 am this morning (12/27), Sam was born. By the way, waiting to find out whether it was a boy or a girl was so awesome!

Stats:

W = 7 lbs 4.6 oz

L = 21 in.

Sex = male

In the past 60 hours, I've had approximately 4 hours of sleep, 2 of which were two short naps today between visitations. Sam just finished eating and decided to pass out. This is the perfect opportunity to take a hot shower and hit the couch.

The stork brought a little bundle of joy today!!! We went to the hospital 12/26 morning (8 am or so) because the wifey-wife was having some HARD contractions that were between 4-7 minutes apart. After initial examination, the doc said that she's only at 1 cm or so. After a shot of demerol we were sent home to wait it out. Yada yada yada, we returned to the hospital at 11:00 pm to find she was at 5 cm. Finally, at 3:38 am this morning (12/27), Sam was born. By the way, waiting to find out whether it was a boy or a girl was so awesome!
Stats:

W = 7 lbs 4.6 oz

L = 21 in.

Sex = male

In the past 60 hours, I've had approximately 4 hours of sleep, 2 of which were two short naps today between visitations. Sam just finished eating and decided to pass out. This is the perfect opportunity to take a hot shower and hit the couch.
Great news! Congratulations!

Back