EET-SE Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The course I took started the first weekend of Jan. for the April exam, so just over 3 months total. They have schedules on the website, but if you're a buildings person you'll have a couple "free" weeks at the end while they cover afternoon bridge material. The "office hour" lectures are generally filled with additional topics so they aren't really as optional as they may look from the schedule.

They used Adobe Connect for the lectures - I watched them all on my laptop so I'm not sure about the device limitations.
thanks! I appreciate the info

I think I'll be signing up to give this a whirl. I really can't afford the PPI or the ASCE courses. If this one doesn't work I'll try out school of PE. Just keep cycling my way through them. Given that I'm a bit late to the party, I think I will be relegated to the on-demand stuff. 

I think I'll be signing up to give this a whirl. I really can't afford the PPI or the ASCE courses. If this one doesn't work I'll try out school of PE. Just keep cycling my way through them. Given that I'm a bit late to the party, I think I will be relegated to the on-demand stuff. 
good luck! I'll be starting studying here in a couple months. 

It appears I'm off to a bit of a rocky start. I signed up for on-demand and the software is telling me I need to wait for the presenter to arrive. I emailed the director to see if I'm missing a step. 

I have been reading these forums for a while now, thank you for all the great advice.  Here is my question:

For those who took the EET SE review course, was it necessary to purchase a SERM or any other review books, and if so, which ones? 

The course seems very comprehensive, and I want to gear up for the exam properly, but don't want to spend money on the review course and then waste it on needless additional references which can sometimes slow you down the day of the exam or are never even opened during studying because you have no time.

I have been reading these forums for a while now, thank you for all the great advice.  Here is my question:

For those who took the EET SE review course, was it necessary to purchase a SERM or any other review books, and if so, which ones? 

The course seems very comprehensive, and I want to gear up for the exam properly, but don't want to spend money on the review course and then waste it on needless additional references which can sometimes slow you down the day of the exam or are never even opened during studying because you have no time.
I found the EET review course notes very comprehensive and I didn't need any other review books (the course also doesn't require you to buy any books).  I already had the SERM, but I only used it for the concrete design aid charts.  If you have another source for these, then I don't think you need the SERM at all.  

I did grab a copy of both of the published practice exams (NCEES and Schuster) and found these very useful.

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the EET review course notes very comprehensive and I didn't need any other review books (the course also doesn't require you to buy any books).  I already had the SERM, but I only used it for the concrete design aid charts.  If you have another source for these, then I don't think you need the SERM at all.  

I did grab a copy of both of the published practice exams (NCEES and Schuster) and found these very useful.
do you remember the requirements for the homework problems? like, did you have a limited amount of time to get them back to the instructor (before the next sat/sun lecture, before the office hours, etc)? How many hours worth per week were they approx? (Just trying to get a 2hrs vs 12 hours estimate as i plan out my studying for the april exam. thanks a million! 

Last edited by a moderator:
do you remember the requirements for the homework problems? like, did you have a limited amount of time to get them back to the instructor (before the next sat/sun lecture, before the office hours, etc)? How many hours worth per week were they approx? (Just trying to get a 2hrs vs 12 hours estimate as i plan out my studying for the april exam. thanks a million! 
I took EET's review courses last year, and they didn't have any requirements on completing/submitting the homework problems. They had started administering "mini exams", which were 10 question tests on a given topic, typically sent out after they had finished the lectures for that topic. Then they would give you ~1 week to get it done and resubmitted to them. You were only supposed to spend an hour max on them (10 Q's @ 6 min), but they would sometimes take me 1.5-2hrs to finish them.

Unless they've changed their participation requirements, the homework questions were just to be done on your own time and not turned in. I'm not sure exactly how many hours a week I spent on the homeworks. My typical studying time was ~15 hrs/week, split up into watching lectures, doing HW problems, etc. The amount of problems they provide to you were pretty proportional to the exam distribution...only like 4 questions about cold form, and up to ~40 questions or so for steel & concrete. 

Hope that helps you some.

I took EET's review courses last year, and they didn't have any requirements on completing/submitting the homework problems. They had started administering "mini exams", which were 10 question tests on a given topic, typically sent out after they had finished the lectures for that topic. Then they would give you ~1 week to get it done and resubmitted to them. You were only supposed to spend an hour max on them (10 Q's @ 6 min), but they would sometimes take me 1.5-2hrs to finish them.

Unless they've changed their participation requirements, the homework questions were just to be done on your own time and not turned in. I'm not sure exactly how many hours a week I spent on the homeworks. My typical studying time was ~15 hrs/week, split up into watching lectures, doing HW problems, etc. The amount of problems they provide to you were pretty proportional to the exam distribution...only like 4 questions about cold form, and up to ~40 questions or so for steel & concrete. 

it does! thank you! Just trying to have a grasp of what to expect. i work a flex work schedule of (4) 10 hour days, and am hoping I can do the 2 hour tuesday or thursday lectures/office hours in addition to my homework problems on my fridays off. sounds like it's probably doable! 

also, is there a lunch break? or legit 8 hours straight of lecturing??

also, is there a lunch break? or legit 8 hours straight of lecturing??
I did the on demand option, so would never do an 8 hour stretch of lectures, good luck with that! They did take an hour lunch break at some point during those times though. 

it does! thank you! Just trying to have a grasp of what to expect. i work a flex work schedule of (4) 10 hour days, and am hoping I can do the 2 hour tuesday or thursday lectures/office hours in addition to my homework problems on my fridays off. sounds like it's probably doable! 
Sounds reasonable. I never attended their live office hours, so I can't tell you what to expect there. Sometimes they wouldn't finish their lectures on the weekends, and it would bleed over into their office hour times, so you may run into some of that.

I did the on demand option, so would never do an 8 hour stretch of lectures, good luck with that! They did take an hour lunch break at some point during those times though. 

Sounds reasonable. I never attended their live office hours, so I can't tell you what to expect there. Sometimes they wouldn't finish their lectures on the weekends, and it would bleed over into their office hour times, so you may run into some of that.
thank you for your feedback! I have another question (LOL) 

how many binders did you end up getting for each day?

also @StructHOPEful tagging you to find this thread easily

thank you for your feedback! I have another question (LOL) 

how many binders did you end up getting for each day?

also @StructHOPEful tagging you to find this thread easily
Ask away, that's what the forum is for! They gave out one 3" binder for each module (vert & lat), packed pretty full. I took out all of the afternoon related material and moved it into a separate binder, and added my own additional things, so I had a morning and an afternoon binder. Their binder is kinda like what the CERM was for the morning portion of the PE.

Ask away, that's what the forum is for! They gave out one 3" binder for each module (vert & lat), packed pretty full. I took out all of the afternoon related material and moved it into a separate binder, and added my own additional things, so I had a morning and an afternoon binder. Their binder is kinda like what the CERM was for the morning portion of the PE.
@onemanwolfpack

Is there any way to just buy the binders?

I agree its highly unlikely that they would, but there is no harm in trying.

I am contacting them right now. 

I will follow suit soon.

are you buckled up? :)
ugh i'm already anxious about it alllllll

there's these files on there that say "SE prerequisite" I wonder if we are gonna have to watch these videos before the lecture on that content area ON OUR OWN TIME LIKE WAT.

Latest posts

Back