EET-SE Review

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone looking to sell the EET class notes?

looking at the material would definitely help me decide whether taking the course is worth it

Here is another shout out for the EET SE Classes!  I took the vertical and lateral classes and both were great.  I actually took the classes and exams (Bridge Depth) separately and that worked for me.  After taking the EET vertical class and passing the exam, there was no question that I would take the EET lateral class as well.  The classes provided a lot of homework problems, mini quizzes, and a practice exam for each class.  The instructors did an excellent job of teaching/reviewing the material, and were available to answer questions in and outside of class.  They were extremely knowledgeable, responsive, encouraging and motivating.  The notes were very organized and along with the practice problems were my primary resource.  When I went into the exams, I felt prepared.  I am ecstatic to say that I have passed both the vertical and lateral now.  The classes were a huge help in passing these exams.  I would highly recommend taking the EET courses. 

Anyone looking for SE review class, I would recommend EET. I haven’t taken any other review classes for comparison but based on my experience at EET it is a great review program. I took the vertical review and I will definitely get the lateral next. The review material is priceless both as a refresher and as a tool during the exam. The instructors, Dr. Zayati and Dr. Ibrahim, are both knowledgeable, helpful and encouraging.  You can ask questions anytime, lots of homework and a practice exam. But of course, you really need to study the material, do all the mini-exams, homework and burn the candle at both ends. Best wishes to all!

I decided to enroll in a refresher course for the examination in January. I selected EET finally. There were two instructors in the class. They both are very knowledgeable and worked so hard in teaching. The class topics were awesome which covered almost 99% questions in the exam. The most useful are the Summary notes they provided for each topic (Steel, Wood, Masonry, Reinforced concrete, wind, and seismic). I could just look up the summary notes for answers without searching through books in the exam. So, I completed answering all questions in time in both morning part and afternoon part. The class provided right amount of home works to practice. There were office hours (around 3 hrs) once a week and all your questions got answered. Before the examination, a simulated exam was conducted. it generally was harder than the real one because the instructors want to review all possible topics in the real exam through the simulated exam. The mistakes in the simulated exam and some key points were identified and corrected by the instructors.

So, for anyone who wants to refresh to take SE exam, I strongly recommend EET SE refreshing course and especially the live classes.

The EET review course really helped me to prepare for the SE Lateral (Buildings) exam, which I took and passed this spring. I decided to sign up for a review course after my first attempt of taking the exam in April 2017, which I failed without taking review classes. I selected EET based on good reviews on this forum and have been very satisfied with my choice. After taking the course, I can confirm all good things said by others about the EET SE review courses.

Dr. Ahmed Ibrahim and Dr. Foued Zayati are very knowledgeable, efficient and responsive instructors. They created an outstanding binder with class notes, which contain the most important information related to all topics covered in the exam. The notes were very useful in preparation for the exam and saved me a lot of time during the exam. Many examples and practice problems were provided, as well as detailed descriptions of the design processes for the most common lateral force resisting systems, which were priceless in the afternoon portion of the exam. The mini exams for every topic and the final simulation exam were also helpful. The lectures were very good. I have learned a lot from them.

I highly recommend EET for the SE review courses. Taking them will significantly increase your chances of passing the SE exams. 

I took the EET course for both vertical (last fall) and lateral (this spring), and passed each exam. I would absolutely recommend using EET, as the course is fantastic in many ways. Dr. Ibrahim and Dr. Zayati provide a great balance between depth and breadth. Their study plan and course notes provide a much needed focus on particular topics in an exam that I felt covered such a broad range of topics that I would've been much less efficient trying to study independently.

Another great benefit to EET is that the live webinar and on demand are covered under the same price - and you can switch back and forth as your schedule allows. Thus, if you're able to sit in on the live webinars, you'll be able to ask questions in real time. If you're not able to make the live webinar times, you can watch on demand, and always are able to email them with any questions - and you'll get a fast and articulate response. Also, they hold office hours each week as well that you can join, regardless if you typically watch the course on demand.

I can't recommend EET enough. For me, it made the SE exams much more comfortable - where I felt confident and not stressed out - before, during, and after the exam.

@ Steevwon,

To take live webinar is my recommendation. You can talk with the instructors plus you have the access to the recorded classes in case you missed one.

I wanted to add to the recommendations for the EET course!  It was by far the best learning experience I've had.  

I took the School of PE courses for both vertical and lateral for my first attempt at the exam in April 2017.  I thought the courses were decent.  Along with supplemental studying, the SoPE courses got me to the "borderline" point and I failed vertical (barely - 27/40, A, A, A, U) passed lateral (likely also barely).

I then took the EET vertical course for my second attempt at the exam.  The EET course was far, far superior!  I thought the course prepared me incredibly well, and I felt confident both going into and coming out of the exam.  (Of course that confidence wore off after 2 months of waiting for results and I was suddenly very worried about results, but I think that's how it goes for most people.)  I was able to pass the vertical exam this past April (2018) despite the 18% pass rate for repeat takers. 

I think the biggest item that sets the EET course apart is the amount of quality practice problems you receive - especially since there aren't a ton of practice exams out there.  EET provides hundreds of HW problems, several mini-exams, and a full length practice exam.  I supplemented the EET course only with additional long answer problems from the two available practice exams.

I thought the EET course was very intense and time consuming. I was able to keep up with the vertical course, but I am curious if anyone else has had success trying to keep up with both the vertical and lateral courses at the same time.  If so, what was your approach/did you start early with on-demand?

Add me to the list of satisfied EET customers! After a second close but unsuccessful attempt at the building lateral exam I decided to bite the bullet and shell out the money for a review course to try getting me over the hump. 

As others have stated, there are more than enough practice problems included (something that I'd had trouble finding previously) and also very detailed lectures. One of the great things about this course is if a lecture is running long they will just schedule an additional lecture so no material is breezed over. This resulted in some weeks being much longer than expected but this was a good problem to have. Both instructors are incredibly knowledgeble on the subject matter and are always available to answer questions and provide feeback. 

I would 100% recommend this course to anyone taking the test. Although I brought some study material from previous attempts, all I used on test day was the course binder and the required references. 

This course and these instructors are the best eduactaional experience I’ve had in my life.  I have BS and MS in Structural Eng.  this course takes you beyond what you have learned in school and gives you the best well rounded exposure to all topics.  The effort and personal dedication these teachers put into this course is unrivaled.  It is certainly challenging and time consuming but that’s what it takes.  Stop searching for a course and your own material and sign up.

This course and these instructors are the best eduactaional experience I’ve had in my life.  I have BS and MS in Structural Eng.  this course takes you beyond what you have learned in school and gives you the best well rounded exposure to all topics.  The effort and personal dedication these teachers put into this course is unrivaled.  It is certainly challenging and time consuming but that’s what it takes.  Stop searching for a course and your own material and sign up.
could you (or anyone else) give me an idea of when the review course starts for the april exams? / if you took one or both in an april cycle? I'm not eligible to apply til jan 2019 but i want to test in april 2019 and am wondering when the sadness of studying will actually begin. haha. thanks in advance!!

The EET-USA review course for the SE Vertical starts this Sunday, July 15, 2018, for the October 2018 exam.

It meets on 12 Sundays and 12 Thursdays with a short break during Labor Day week.

Heads up, I took lateral only for April and it was a huge time commit. The average week had about 10-12 hours of lecture in addition to homework problems and a quiz (ideally only one hour) but some weeks had closer to 15-20 hours of lectures. I'd recommend either starting one on-demand early then doing the other live, or just taking one at a time.

I'm planning on one day at a time, but I want to know when I will start studying for the april exam. I know what dates the course starts for the oct exam because it's posted, but april going back the same number of weeks coincides with the winter holidays, so i'm just curious when the course usually starts for that test cycle. 

Heads up, I took lateral only for April and it was a huge time commit. The average week had about 10-12 hours of lecture in addition to homework problems and a quiz (ideally only one hour) but some weeks had closer to 15-20 hours of lectures. I'd recommend either starting one on-demand early then doing the other live, or just taking one at a time.
approx what date did your course start? 

also, the lectures - are they viewable on a tablet device? Or will i need to be at a desktop? Thanks for the info!!

The course I took started the first weekend of Jan. for the April exam, so just over 3 months total. They have schedules on the website, but if you're a buildings person you'll have a couple "free" weeks at the end while they cover afternoon bridge material. The "office hour" lectures are generally filled with additional topics so they aren't really as optional as they may look from the schedule.

They used Adobe Connect for the lectures - I watched them all on my laptop so I'm not sure about the device limitations.

Back