EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confounded_Face_Emoji_Icon_ios10_large.png

Having lost a few of their number, regrettably, it was much easier for the group to split into two: one to explore the exhibit hall and the other to get in line for the much lauded 'Grabbing the Future: Nut Juice for Profit!' panel that was being held in the largest room at the convention. The panel didn't start until 3:30PM, and at 9AM it seemed a little extreme, but the line was already circling the corridors.

The exhibit hall was a place of wonder. Some vendors were selling 'nut'-ware. Shirts that exclaimed the wearer was a 'proud mother-nutter' or a super cute oven mitt in the shape of a cashew or even clogs that looked like hazelnuts (top selling, must have item of 2021). Other vendors were crowd-sourcing money for future nut conventions to be held in other parts of the country. Around half of the vendors, though, were providing taste-samples of their nut-based products.

One vendor was hawking their 'large, round nuts, for your pleasure,' concerning a new chestnut product that could be toasted at home and taste the same as if you bought it off the streets of NY during the Christmas season. Another vendor was highlighting an air frying method with pine nuts, drawing a large crowd. Another vendor, tucked in a darkened corner with a table covered in crushed velvet the color of red wine, whispered about the health benefits of raw almonds.

@BlueBlueprint_PE a trained medical professional (granted, in Thanatology with a minor in podiatry), slowly approached the table for a sample. "I thought raw almonds were dangerous?" They asked, grabbing a handful and looking back at the group, who were distracted by mexican jumping beans (not nut-based, but still a nut-adjacent product). "Didn't Agatha Christie kill a bunch of people this way?"

The vendor scoffed, "You believe a New York Times best seller over me? I don't even think Agatha Christie is real. Like the sasquatch. Has anyone ever seen a real picture of them?"

Unable to argue that point, @BlueBlueprint_PE shoved the nuts into their mouth and immediately died. Not due to cyanide poisoning from the raw almonds, but because of blunt force trauma from a passing convention attendee whopping them in the head with a 32:1 model of a kola nut pod. Death was instantaneous.

The other group did not fare much better. Though they were in line, @jean15paul_PE stepped out to use the bathroom (that pistachio nut juice just went right through them), and upon returning was proclaimed a 'line cutter' and was taken by the convention mob. They were never seen again. It was assumed they perished under a nut furry.

@BlueBlueprint_PE was lynched; they were the doctor.

@jean15paul_PE was killed by the nut mafia.

Final vote:

x4 @BlueBlueprint_PE (txj, doth, square, RBH)
x1 @beccabun PE (MP)
x3 @txjennah PE (2blue, vhab, becca)
x2 @MadamPirate PE (jp, Duran)

Remaining players: @vhab49_PE, @EyehatethePEexam PE, @MadamPirate PE, @Dothracki PE, @beccabun PE, @DuranDuran, @squaretaper LIT AF PE, @RBHeadge PE, and @txjennah PE

Okay so chances are, we won't hear from the cop until they have as much info as possible or if we're about to vote them out. On the plus side, any investigation they do that comes back "special town person" will be a confirmed mafia. There's just no way for them to get that info to us without revealing they're the cop

@BlueBlueprint_PE a trained medical professional (granted, in Thanatology with a minor in podiatry), slowly approached the table for a sample. "I thought raw almonds were dangerous?" They asked, grabbing a handful and looking back at the group, who were distracted by mexican jumping beans (not nut-based, but still a nut-adjacent product). "Didn't Agatha Christie kill a bunch of people this way?"
Just realized I have never seen a picture of Agatha Christie....

Finally got back to the office to update my list after a morning full of meetings. I will analyze the votes and see if I can come up with reads. Hopefully Nik or JP were not the cop, we really need them right now to turn the tide. I am guessing it's 6 townies and 3 mafia unless they started with 2 mafia with the sleeper mafia in flux? I guess we can't really know for sure and just speculating.

1620841159624.png

Last edited:
I am guessing it's 6 townies and 3 mafia unless they started with 2 mafia with the sleeper mafia in flux? I guess we can't really know for sure and just speculating.
Let me try something....

Hey mafia, can you let us know how many of you there are and if the sleeper has been activated?

My current reads, I really don't have a lot to go on besides the obvious voting history and the thread. We really need to start working together and talking this out actively in the thread. So we need those who have been quiet and not really voting to make themselves known, otherwise we can only assume that you are mafia.

Town: @MadamPirate PE, @DuranDuran, @Dothracki PE
Townish: @beccabun PE
Unknown: @squaretaper LIT AF PE,
Mafish: @RBHeadge PE , @txjennah PE, @vhab49_PE, @EyehatethePEexam PE

With that, @JayKay PE I vote for @RBHeadge PE who ultimately lead us to vote out @BlueBlueprint_PE with his reads.

Back