EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@RBHeadge PE please don't hate me! I went to Philly a lot as a kid, but not much lately so I don't remember much about it. My wife and I were actually going to go last year for a long weekend trip in May, but we wound up not really being able to leave the state.
No worries, just got to make a few small corrections:

Meanwhile in the Philadelphia IKEA, the gang of criminals met in the usual van parked along Christopher Columbus Boulevard Delaware Ave to go over the plans. "We lost another good one.

After a while of tourism the groups were getting hungry. "You must try the cheesteaks for dinner suggested @RBHeadge PE to his group. Let's go to Joe Steve's, it is a great spot on Girard Bustleton Avenue." So their group headed over and chowed down on traditional cheesesteaks and milkshakes, some got vegan cheesesteaks, and there was one Chazarma, a combination of steak and hot sausage.

They stepped outside after some good eats when they came across another familiar sight and their hearts sank. The same criminals were holding up a SEPTA bus tram car. They were wearing their usual sunglasses and headlamps.

3QuR.gif

I guess if I gotta go, at least I got to go with a katana through my chest. AVENGE ME TOWNIES
Welcome to the ghostie side, @beccabun PE

No worries, just got to make a few small corrections:
Have you been to Politos west? Best cheesesteak ever and the biggest. It's over 2 lbs and I always say I'm going to eat half and save the other half for later but it's so good you can't stop and then you can't move the rest of the day. My college roommate was from Willows Grove, I haven't had every cheesesteak in Philly but he has and I trust his opinion that those are the best.

Last edited:
Also an FYI that I have a virtual fundraiser event tonight for work at 8 PM ET so I might be a little late in tonight's lynch kill posting. But the rules stay that the deadline for voting is 9 PM ET. I will probably just announce the lynch with the writeup to follow.

@RBHeadge PE, sorry this was more google than personal experience....
No worries, I enjoyed reading it.
MILKSHAKES? WITH A CHEESESTEAK? DO YOU WANT THEM ALL TO GO INTO A FOOD COMA AND DIE?
Yeah, that's a bit much. I'm not sure I've ever heard of that happening. But steak sandwiches with a chocolate soda, or a black cherry soda is definitely a thing.
Have you been to Politos west? Best cheesesteak ever and the biggest. It's over 2 lbs and I always say I'm going to eat half and save the other half for later but it's so good you can't stop and then you can't move the rest of the day. My college roommate was from Willows Grove, I haven't had every cheesesteak in Philly but he has and I trust his opinion that those are the best.
No, I've never been there. I had to google it. ... and still couldn't find it.
In reality, everyone has their favorite place and it's always the best cheesesteak. Its usually neighborhood based. I grew up in Castor Gardens (Northeast Philly) so for me it's Steve's Prince of Steaks.

Yeah, that's a bit much. I'm not sure I've ever heard of that happening. But steak sandwiches with a chocolate soda, or a black cherry soda is definitely a thing.
That was another google thing. I think milkshakes are more associated with burger joints so maybe that's why Joe's advertises on their website with the cheesesteak and milkshakes. I am intrigued about this chocolate soda though. I always loved going to Stewart's to get the different varieties of root beer on tap in a frosted mug.

intrigued about this chocolate soda
me too..... I wondered if it was like an Italian Soda? My husband drinks Chocolate Italian Sodas ... I've never been a fan, but then I don't drink much of anything but coffee and water ... mostly coffee.

pretty sure I've put on like 5 pounds just drooling over all this food talk though....

intrigued about this chocolate soda
me too..... I wondered if it was like an Italian Soda? My husband drinks Chocolate Italian Sodas ... I've never been a fan, but then I don't drink much of anything but coffee and water ... mostly coffee.

pretty sure I've put on like 5 pounds just drooling over all this food talk though....

Coffee and water is the only liquid you need! Except my water is usually sparkling.

I don't want to mislead anyone on chocolate soda or black cherry soda. It's still niche and it won't be found everywhere in the city. You'll find it at the older and more established delis and steak places.

Chocolate soda is similar to chocolate egg creams but it certainly has a slightly different taste. I'm not sure how chocolate soda is made exactly. I know that seltzer water, ice, and chocolate syrup are the key ingredients. I would think that is has a dairy product in there somewhere but I don't recall ever seeing it added to the mix. Delis usually have chocolate egg creams instead of chocolate soda.

just googled chocolate Italian soda. yep: that's it!

Back