EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have spots in Illinois.... Just a 3 1/2 hour drive! I know this, because I stay up until midnight every night hoping for an appointment in Iowa, and only the Illinois stores have appts available. Grr. So not only can I not get an appt, but I'm freaking tired from waiting up to stalk the appointment portal.
Its been very mismanaged. My neighbor is above 65 and has been unable to get an appointment. But one of my friends drove his nanny (>65) to get her shot and he (39) was offered the vaccine if he wanted.

I am surprised you could get an appointment. In chicago, eligible folks are not seeing any open spots.
Getting an appointment at a pharmacy is extremely difficult. But the both the City of New Orleans and the largest hospital network here (Ochsner) have both setup mass vaccination events where they vaccinate thousands of people a day. The Ochsner one is drive through at a baseball stadium; you don't even get out of your car. It's super easy to sign up for the mass vaccination events (assuming you have internet access and understand how to use it). Anyone can get an appointment within a week or two at most.
We'll see if that changes with so many more people now being eligible.

Compared to what I hear from other places.. I think the New Orleans area is doing an excellent job

Edit: I should add. The reason that the governor gave for expanding eligibility is that the state was getting feedback from the various vaccination distribution orgs than all their appointments weren't being filled. "There was slack in the system." They took that as a sign that they should expand the rollout.

Last edited:
@Dothracki PE I vote for @harshaPEAZ because they are mafia and I am not.
giphy.gif

@Dothracki PE I vote for @harshaPEAZ

Last time I was screaming don't do this I am a towniee and was still lynched... I said my goodbye by swinging on a lift at a construction site....you all are ruthless... you all are doing the same mistake again.... please kill me with a great feast this time atleast Doth ... I want to have an honorable death by eating unstoppably till I drop...

Latest posts

Back