EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope the move went well!
Generally speaking it went okay. It took longer and required more money than planned. But at least everything is here now and all of the furniture is in place and built. There is still soooooooooo many boxes to unpack. It'll probably be another month before we get fully settled in.

I'm still learning the new house and finding all the things that are going to own me over the next few years.

We're putting the condo on the market next week. I'd rather not have to pay a second mortgage.

Okay guys.  It's Wednesday and I'm hoping to start a new round bright and early on Monday.  I forgot who said they were available/wanted to play, so I'm just going to throw names below and just @ me to let me know if you're playing:

[Tags] 
@Roarbark (bork bork bork bork)
[Tags]
That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me. 

Also, I'll play.

Last edited by a moderator:
Generally speaking it went okay. It took longer and required more money than planned. But at least everything is here now and all of the furniture is in place and built. There is still soooooooooo many boxes to unpack. It'll probably be another month before we get fully settled in.

I'm still learning the new house and finding all the things that are going to own me over the next few years.

We're putting the condo on the market next week. I'd rather not have to pay a second mortgage.
Good luck! We went that route, and would do it again, since we had so much stuff that selling the house full of our crap would have been impossible.  We were sweating for a while though, worried it was going to take forever to sell, but the real estate gods were on our side, we had a full price cash offer within a week of listing. I mean, my SIL had 12 showings in 24 hours on her house, with a more than full price offer, so ours is paltry in comparison.

Good luck! We went that route, and would do it again, since we had so much stuff that selling the house full of our crap would have been impossible.  We were sweating for a while though, worried it was going to take forever to sell, but the real estate gods were on our side, we had a full price cash offer within a week of listing. I mean, my SIL had 12 showings in 24 hours on her house, with a more than full price offer, so ours is paltry in comparison.
We had boxes in the attic from our 2016 move that we still hadn't opened, so a couple of months ago we just went through and threw away anything we hadn't used in a couple of years.

We had boxes in the attic from our 2016 move that we still hadn't opened, so a couple of months ago we just went through and threw away anything we hadn't used in a couple of years.
went through your 2016 boxes to throw away anything you hadnt used in a couple years...aka all of your 2016 boxes? LOL

Our agent barely made it through the door before she told us to sell it empty. But she's pretty confident that it will sell quickly. We did a gut job on both bathrooms and the kitchen, everything looks modern, clean, and its quality stuff (not the builders grade shit). We have a garage spot and it's a three minute door-to-turnstile walk to the metro.

Some units in the building have been sitting on the market for months. Granted they haven't done any updates beyond simple painting. It still the builders grade 1960s tile and woodwork. Some units have sold fast, but they maybe only updated one room.

Ughhh, I'll fell better after it sells, I'm not paying a second mortgage, and we've got our savings replenished. Especially the latter. Like, I know that our saving were always specifically intended for buying a house and everything that goes along with it, but we've still dropped a lot of money the last month and half!

Yeah, I still have a misc box from each of my 2007 and 2011 moves. I'm fully prepared for more misc boxes at this place. My OCD manifests as an anti-hoarder so I'd love to be able to do a purge! My wife however doesn't share that philosophy, and she gets 98% of the vote so.....

Yeah, I still have a misc box from each of my 2007 and 2011 moves. I'm fully prepared for more misc boxes at this place. My OCD manifests as an anti-hoarder so I'd love to be able to do a purge! My wife however doesn't share that philosophy, and she gets 98% of the vote so.....
Yep, I get it.  Fortunately my wife and I are both anti-hoard.  The spring attic cleanup stemmed from her watching a "hoarders" episode.  I can't for the life of me figure out how she (or anyone) enjoys watching those "extreme hoarders" shows or whatever they call them, but at least it spurs her into cleaning mode!

Our agent barely made it through the door before she told us to sell it empty. But she's pretty confident that it will sell quickly. We did a gut job on both bathrooms and the kitchen, everything looks modern, clean, and its quality stuff (not the builders grade shit). We have a garage spot and it's a three minute door-to-turnstile walk to the metro.

Some units in the building have been sitting on the market for months. Granted they haven't done any updates beyond simple painting. It still the builders grade 1960s tile and woodwork. Some units have sold fast, but they maybe only updated one room.

Ughhh, I'll fell better after it sells, I'm not paying a second mortgage, and we've got our savings replenished. Especially the latter. Like, I know that our saving were always specifically intended for buying a house and everything that goes along with it, but we've still dropped a lot of money the last month and half!
@vee043324 u lookin to buy? i have no clue where it is specifically lol just like upper right states area

Okay.  An update so I don't need to go through multiple pages.  Currently sitting at 12 confirmed players.

Yay-I'm Playing because you're an awesome person!

@ChebyshevII PE, @MadamPirate PE, @NikR_PE, @txjennah PE, @DuranDuran, @tj_PE, @jean15paul_PE, @Dothracki, @squaretaper LIT AF PE, @RBHeadge PE, @Roarbark, and @Audi driver, P.E. (because we're the same person, so if I'm playing so are they!!!! :)  )

No-I hate you and I'm not playing because you're smelly *cries*

@vhab49_PE and @blybrook PE

Refuses to pick up phone (aka: haven't responded yet)

@ChaosMuppetPE, @chart94, @leggo PE, @SaltySteve, @civilrobot, and @Supe

(If you don't respond by Monday morning, no biggie, it's cool and I never want to force someone into killing someone else)

'New number, who dis?'...meaning, I am not sure if you're playing 😗

@LyceeFruit PE

Back