EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning!

@tj_PE would not be deterred by an accidental death, her home had to be redone with build it yourself furniture. She corralled the group and shoved them off toward Living Room Storage, having decided on a cute EXTORP for her living room. In Living Room Storage, the group oohed and aaaahed at a BESTA entertainment system. @tj_PE picked her colors, and told the group they were heading off to Work Spaces next!

No one died during the night.

Remaining players: @ChebyshevII PE @jean15paul_PE @ryankon518 @txjennah PE @JayKay PE @Audi driver, P.E. @chart94 @Roarbark @DuranDuran @vhab49_PE

Good morning!

@tj_PE would not be deterred by an accidental death, her home had to be redone with build it yourself furniture. She corralled the group and shoved them off toward Living Room Storage, having decided on a cute EXTORP for her living room. In Living Room Storage, the group oohed and aaaahed at a BESTA entertainment system. @tj_PE picked her colors, and told the group they were heading off to Work Spaces next!

No one died during the night.

Remaining players: @ChebyshevII PE @jean15paul_PE @ryankon518 @txjennah PE @JayKay PE @Audi driver, P.E. @chart94 @Roarbark @DuranDuran @vhab49_PE
🤔 🤷‍♂️ 😁

We're getting one of these for the basement family room, and maybe one for the main family room too!

...or the mafia forgot to target a player.
i'm a fan of the besta! I had the white with gloss front as my entertainment center for like 6 years then sold it for 200 bucks! 

We're getting one of these for the basement family room, and maybe one for the main family room too!
Oooh those look nice!

Years ago we had a house built and we bought speakers (5 piece - center, two towers and two round ceiling) from Magnolia in Best Buy.  We went with Definitive Technologies speakers.  We had a cubby hole built in below where the TV would be and I had the contractor leave boxes and holes above the ceiling for those 2 speakers.  I had him route the speaker wiring from above the ceiling and down behind the wall to the cubby hole.  I did the same thing for the tower speakers with some pvc in case I ever wanted to remove or add cables.  It was a great setup and sounded so nice.  I highly recommend a home theater type sound system if you can fit it in your budget.  I miss that living room.  Our house now has high ceilings so there's more echo and we don't have the rear speakers anymore so it doesn't sound as nice.  I've just been too busy to replace them, but you can get them wireless now and I'm sure the technology has improved.  My wife still thinks it sounds great so I've just left it alone for now.

Oooh those look nice!

Years ago we had a house built and we bought speakers (5 piece - center, two towers and two round ceiling) from Magnolia in Best Buy.  We went with Definitive Technologies speakers.  We had a cubby hole built in below where the TV would be and I had the contractor leave boxes and holes above the ceiling for those 2 speakers.  I had him route the speaker wiring from above the ceiling and down behind the wall to the cubby hole.  I did the same thing for the tower speakers with some pvc in case I ever wanted to remove or add cables.  It was a great setup and sounded so nice.  I highly recommend a home theater type sound system if you can fit it in your budget.  I miss that living room.  Our house now has high ceilings so there's more echo and we don't have the rear speakers anymore so it doesn't sound as nice.  I've just been too busy to replace them, but you can get them wireless now and I'm sure the technology has improved.  My wife still thinks it sounds great so I've just left it alone for now.
Yeah, I've had a 5.1 surround setup. But if I was starting over today, I'd just get a really good Dolby Atmos soundbar. It's amazing what they can do with only that today. 3D sound from only front speakers!?!

Last edited by a moderator:
My first reads:

Townie+++

Townie++

mafia++++

neutral

mafia+

mafia++

•  
mafia+++

Other notes:

Players claiming townie without prompt: vhab, txjen

Players claiming townie with prompt: ryan, cheb, chart, jean, rbheadge

Players making no claims of alignment: roar, duran, jk

players named audi: audi

mafia members named audi: audi
FIFY (also I added a small clue for you super sleuths)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I've had a 5.1 surround setup. But if I was starting over today, I'd just get a really good soundbar. It's amazing what they can do with only that today.
Yes we got the 5.1 in 2012.  We went into a sound booth to compare that to a sound bar and yes the 5.1 was nicer but the soundbar sounded pretty good too.  I'm curious to know how much they've improved.  I'm sure a lot!

Well crap. I did get a message this round and apparently I'm mafia.
It looks the the FNG smell has worn off then. 

@MadamPirate PE I would like to vote for.... @Audi driver, P.E..

I mean, I know he hates us and we keep him around as some sort of torture, but he did say he was Maf, and we lynched Square multiple times for the same thing.

So what the heck.

It looks the the FNG smell has worn off then. 

@MadamPirate PE I would like to vote for.... @Audi driver, P.E..

I mean, I know he hates us and we keep him around as some sort of torture, but he did say he was Maf, and we lynched Square multiple times for the same thing.

So what the heck.
No it's Groundhog Day all over again.  When Audi plays it's like starting out with one less townsfolk.

i have sonos sub, 2 play 1s as back and soundbar as front and it sounds amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg and also easily switches to phone controlled music for dance parties

Back