EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mazel tov! My wife and I are looking for a house at the end of the year. A good moving company is worth the investment if you can't coerce your friends and family into helping. 
We're totally using movers! We're not in our 20s anymore. In fact, the last time I moved was nine years ago and I did mostly did it solo. It was then that i decided I would use movers the next time(s).

We're totally using movers! We're not in our 20s anymore. In fact, the last time I moved was nine years ago and I did mostly did it solo. It was then that i decided I would use movers the next time(s).
We hired movers when we moved 3 years ago. They unloaded our 4 story house in 3 1/2 hours, went to lunch and unloaded it all back in the new house in 3 hours (less stairs). I was super impressed. 1000% will never move myself ever again.

Good choice, this resonates with me. Earlier this month Mrs. Headge and I bought a new home. We settle in mid-August. It's a significant upgrade, so we've been doing a furniture shopping over the weekends. Oh a packing, lots and lots of packing on the nights and weekends.
This is because I read HORRORSTOR not that long ago. 

Does that make you han solo?
I know.

Wait.  Maybe?  As the Beatles once sung, "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together".  This seems appropriate as we wander through the serpentine of IKEA, not knowing where we are, seeing the light section, thinking we're done, only to somehow end up at the staged rooms again.

@RBHeadge PE congrats on the house!  I know moving can be stressful, so yes it's best to hire movers, but don't skimp.  Hire a good reputable moving company!

As I'm sitting here in my Muren (not really enjoying it based on the circumstances), I'm trying to think of how we can re-group after losing not only our cop but our best player in terms of game analysis.

Recap:

The first day is too new and random to get anything more than feelings and guesses.  As @txjennah PE mentioned, @RBHeadge PE doesn't usually vote or "+++" anyone on the first day without good reason.  @RBHeadge PE and @Audi driver, P.E. were tied at 2 votes each, but I wasn't getting the type of responses from Audi which made him any more suspicious than anyone else.  Based on the above, I switched my vote to put @ryankon518 in a tie with @Audi driver, P.E..   @txjennah PE used the same logic as me and @ryankon518 cast a saving vote to keep the tie at 3-3.

My current reads:

@ryankon518  Mafia+++

@ChebyshevII PE Mafia++ (Voting for RB plus the "trust me" comment)

@Audi driver, P.E. Mafia + 

@JayKay PE Mafia +++

@txjennah PE Townie ++

Everyone else neutral.  Also, I'm a regular townie.

Update:  Upgrading my read on JayKay to +++

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this because I called it a murder chair?  I DIDN'T MEAN TO.  I ALWAYS THINK YOU'RE EVIL THE FIRST ROUND.  YOU'RE STILL THE FNG IN MAFIA TO ME.

200.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this because I called it a murder chair?  I DIDN'T MEAN TO.  I ALWAYS THINK YOU'RE EVIL THE FIRST ROUND.  YOU'RE STILL THE FNG IN MAFIA TO ME.

200.gif
There is more to it than that.  

@ryankon518 hit the "like" button on one of your posts, a post that was completely unrelated to him.  That indicates some sort of alliance, or he hit "like" subconsciously, meaning perhaps you two have been communicating privately and he pays a bit more attention to what you post publicly.  Anyway, it reeks of bad Ikea fruit.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there in the event I'm nightkilled.

@RBHeadge PE congrats on the house!  I know moving can be stressful, so yes it's best to hire movers, but don't skimp.  Hire a good reputable moving company!

As I'm sitting here in my Muren (not really enjoying it based on the circumstances), I'm trying to think of how we can re-group after losing not only our cop but our best player in terms of game analysis.

Recap:

The first day is too new and random to get anything more than feelings and guesses.  As @txjennah PE mentioned, @RBHeadge PE doesn't usually vote or "+++" anyone on the first day without good reason.  @RBHeadge PE and @Audi driver, P.E. were tied at 2 votes each, but I wasn't getting the type of responses from Audi which made him any more suspicious than anyone else.  Based on the above, I switched my vote to put @ryankon518 in a tie with @Audi driver, P.E..   @txjennah PE used the same logic as me and @ryankon518 cast a saving vote to keep the tie at 3-3.

My current reads:

@ryankon518  Mafia+++

@ChebyshevII PE Mafia++ (Voting for RB plus the "trust me" comment)

@Audi driver, P.E. Mafia + 

@JayKay PE Mafia +++

@txjennah PE Townie ++

Everyone else neutral.  Also, I'm a regular townie.

I just want to point out...regardless of my maf status, how was I to know that RB was the cop? He did nothing to give himself away.

Anyway, it reeks of bad Ikea fruit.
Does IKEA sell fruit?

As for the liking/reacting to posts...no idea why ryan did that.  Maybe because I'm actually playing the round/posting, as opposed to last round when I lost my phone, went AWOL, and only realized everyone was dead when I came back after the weekend.

RYAN JUST REALIZED I HAVE A SPARKLING PERSONALITY AND AWESOME GIFS.

giphy.gif

I just want to point out...regardless of my maf status, how was I to know that RB was the cop? He did nothing to give himself away.
I feel like you knew/targeted because RBH never votes on the first day unless they're a role (this seems to be correct around 80%+ of the time). 

It has nothing to do with what you know or don't know.

Except for @ryankon518, (who btw @JayKay PE is the "real" FNG), everyone here and their mom's mom knows @RBHeadge PE is one of the most valuable and knowledgeable players here, so to cast a vote for him if you're a townie on the first day is senseless.  Also, your "trust me" comment didn't help.  

I'll wait to see if I'm nightkilled or not before I cast my vote.

There is more to it than that.  

@ryankon518 hit the "like" button on one of your posts, a post that was completely unrelated to him.  That indicates some sort of alliance, or he hit "like" subconsciously, meaning perhaps you two have been communicating privately and he pays a bit more attention to what you post publicly.  Anyway, it reeks of bad Ikea fruit.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there in the event I'm nightkilled.
I liked her star wars reference...

Capture.PNG

Except for @ryankon518, (who btw @JayKay PE is the "real" FNG), everyone here and their mom's mom knows @RBHeadge PE is one of the most valuable and knowledgeable players here, so to cast a vote for him if you're a townie on the first day is senseless.  Also, your "trust me" comment didn't help. 
I know @RBHeadge PE is a great asset to the town. I definitely saw last round. I only voted for him as a last ditch effort to stay in the game. My vote was originally for @Roarbark. Doesn't mean I am mafia.

Back