EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also my mental health day yesterday was great combined with my regular day off today. Curfew is fucking things up, and I wasn’t able to go grocery shopping due to stores closing early. Going in to work at the office tomorrow and Sunday to make up for the comp time I used on Thursday and to actually get work done without people annoying me. 

If so, would you want to go back to "our" rules? (which I find more fun!)

I think we have a group need to have a discussion on which rules we want to run going forward. It doesn't even need to be as simple as EB-traditional vs Tourney Season 7. It could be a hybrid or something new entirely.

What I will say is that keeping up with post counts is a hassle for everyone involved. The point is to get people to talk about the game so others have a chance to use social deduction or deception. But so many players come in and spam five posts quickly that it sort of defeats the intent.

I like the added challenge of not using PMs but we can't keep up this style of game-play indefinitely.

Moding with EB rules is so much easier.
My two cents...

I agree the post count thing is a pain in the butt. And doesn't seem to be adding much.

Regarding Tournament rules vs traditional EB rules. It can be any, all, or some hybrid. But in my opinion, the rules don't have to be the same every round. I've really enjoyed these Tourney rules. JOAT is a cool concept, but also, I find the no PM rule to make it both more fun and more challenging. But I also like our traditional EB setup.

My vote would be to mix it up. Play different rounds with different rules. The simplest implementation would be dealer's choice mod's choice. At the start of each round the mod decides on the rules for that round. That's way simpler to implement than trying to get everyone to come to consensus. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent. 

My two cents...

I agree the post count thing is a pain in the butt. And doesn't seem to be adding much.

Regarding Tournament rules vs traditional EB rules. It can be any, all, or some hybrid. But in my opinion, the rules don't have to be the same every round. I've really enjoyed these Tourney rules. JOAT is a cool concept, but also, I find the no PM rule to make it both more fun and more challenging. But I also like our traditional EB setup.

My vote would be to mix it up. Play different rounds with different rules. The simplest implementation would be dealer's choice mod's choice. At the start of each round the mod decides on the rules for that round. That's way simpler to implement than trying to get everyone to come to consensus. 
I think this is a good idea. Especially since they are the one taking on the extra responsibility of modding, it's a good idea to let them choose what game they want to administer. 

I think I already mentioned, but I really like the JOAT concept, the uncertainty it introduces both to night action RESULTS, as well as what night roles are being used each night (since they rotate). 

The post count is a pain, but I think gently guiding people towards game related conversation is.... more fun?... More of a game? That way it's not just a completely random process of elimination, choosing amongst people who talked about A. what they baked, B. What type of butterflies they caught in AC today, or C. How they built extra garlic into their gardens this weekend. 

Part of it is just there's no real strategy talk to be had early in the game, cause we're still combing the desert, and no-one has found anything.
obligatory: 
200.gif

This gentle guiding doesn't have to be in the form of a minimum post count, since this is annoying for all, and I can't remember it for my life of me.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Back