EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I felt bad when I realized it was past 6 and I hadn't returned 

As my last action of the night, I admit that I was one of the JOATS, I cleared @LyceeFruit PE and @DuranDuran, and saved @JayKay PE last night. This should give the town enough coverage to esatblish a known townie list. 

My ghost will haunt fellow townie @NikR_PE for always thinking that I've got a plot in motion.

Meanwhile, use the vote tallies for tonight to help you figure out the last two mafia.
So are you saying you cleared nikr too? 

As my last action of the night, I admit that I was one of the JOATS, I cleared @LyceeFruit PE and @DuranDuran, and saved @JayKay PE last night. This should give the town enough coverage to esatblish a known townie list. 

My ghost will haunt fellow townie @NikR_PE for always thinking that I've got a plot in motion.

Meanwhile, use the vote tallies for tonight to help you figure out the last two mafia.
Sorry brah. You putting yourself as confirmed townie got me suspicious.  Usually i see what develops during the day. But being busy i tend to get my quota and vote out of the way early.

Hopefully the other joat saves you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya know... idk how you guys did so well this round...
image.jpg

I like Lupe, and I like Demon Days, so looking not bad so far. Do you recommend starting with Part I?
Up to you. They are really "sequels". That was just how he was naming his mixtapes at first. I've listened to part 1 and 2 and enjoyed them, but never really went back to them. Part 3 was the only one with the Demon Days connection; I just wish it was longer.

😯🤯 

So how did you clear both LyceeFruit and Duran? I see how you could clear someone with the Tracker ability. But I don't know how you'd clear someone using the motion detector ability?

Mafia Round: TOURNAMENT-RULES. 

• Motion Detector - Motion Detecting another player will detect any motion surrounding that player that Night. If they visit someone or were visited by someone else, you will detect motion. If they did not visit anyone and were not visited by anyone, you will not detect motion. You will not learn what type of Night Action was used on or by your target or who used those actions.  The mod response to this skill is ‘Motion detected’ or ‘No motion detected’.
The mafia must move during the night. Therefore no motion detected means they aren't mafia. It only gets complicated if motion is detected. 

On Friday my initial vote was randomly selected among the three persons of interest. My intention was not to necessarily keep a vote against that person, but to drive a three way tie among them to see how they vote. I would use game theory analysis on the votes of those three to determine who is most likely to be mafia. ex: assume three scenarios, each one with a different assumed townie of the three, then figure out if their votes were logical and if they were trying to protect anyone.

I encourage others to try this analysis too.

Ideally this exercise would establish two mafia players, and I would vote or whip a vote for the player most susceptible to be lynched that night. Luckily it was mostly successful. On Friday night, the analysis pointed to @chart94 being mafia, @txjennah PE unlikely to be mafia, and @MadamPirate PE leaning mafia. 

Based on the vote count at the time, the highest chance of success was to go after @chart94. While it wasn't smooth going, the vote worked. The second part of the plan was to motion detect @MadamPirate PE.  It detected motion.

The mafia must move during the night. Therefore no motion detected means they aren't mafia. It only gets complicated if motion is detected. 
Aaaaannnndd this is where is gets complicated @jean15paul_PE

I should have used the Tracker ability. I'm glad I made this mistake now, and not in the tournament. I still have not mastered the subtitles of this version of the game. 

@MadamPirate PE was not nightkilled, so without any other context this leads to three scenarios:

1. she is mafia;
  2. she is the other JoAT;
  3. she was subject to an action from the other JoAT.
With context the most likely scenario is that she is the last member of the mafia. It's supported by the various votes on Friday. I judge scenario 2 as unlikely, since another player has aleady wont this rounds "Carnac the Magnificent Award" by demonstrating an uncanny level of awareness of the other players.  Further (2) and (3) could be ruled out if the other JoAT reveals themselves *cough* herself *cough* and state if they did not performed an action on MP. Of course, even if the other JoAT performed an action on MP, it could provide an ambiguous result if the other JoAT did motion detection too or doctor. Similarly, options 1 and 3 are not mutually exclusive.

We are in or very near the endgame, so the other JoAT shouldn't fear for themselves now. They  could come forward with any other useful information. 

Honestly, if I hadn't used the wrong JoAT ability on Friday, I'd be posting this gif right now:

tenor.gif

With that said, I'm confident enough in the available evidence. @ChebyshevII PE I vote for @MadamPirate PE.

I'm pretty sure this is at least 3/5, but I'll restart at 1/5 with full confidence that I'll have at least four more posts today.

On Friday my initial vote was randomly selected among the three persons of interest. My intention was not to necessarily keep a vote against that person, but to drive a three way tie among them to see how they vote. I would use game theory analysis on the votes of those three to determine who is most likely to be mafia. ex: assume three scenarios, each one with a different assumed townie of the three, then figure out if their votes were logical and if they were trying to protect anyone.

I encourage others to try this analysis too.

Ideally this exercise would establish two mafia players, and I would vote or whip a vote for the player most susceptible to be lynched that night. Luckily it was mostly successful. On Friday night, the analysis pointed to @chart94 being mafia, @txjennah PE unlikely to be mafia, and @MadamPirate PE leaning mafia. 

Based on the vote count at the time, the highest chance of success was to go after @chart94. While it wasn't smooth going, the vote worked. The second part of the plan was to motion detect @MadamPirate PE.  It detected motion.

Aaaaannnndd this is where is gets complicated @jean15paul_PE

I should have used the Tracker ability. I'm glad I made this mistake now, and not in the tournament. I still have not mastered the subtitles of this version of the game. 

@MadamPirate PE was not nightkilled, so without any other context this leads to three scenarios:

1. she is mafia;
  2. she is the other JoAT;
  3. she was subject to an action from the other JoAT.
With context the most likely scenario is that she is the last member of the mafia. It's supported by the various votes on Friday. I judge scenario 2 as unlikely, since another player has aleady wont this rounds "Carnac the Magnificent Award" by demonstrating an uncanny level of awareness of the other players.  Further (2) and (3) could be ruled out if the other JoAT reveals themselves *cough* herself *cough* and state if they did not performed an action on MP. Of course, even if the other JoAT performed an action on MP, it could provide an ambiguous result if the other JoAT did motion detection too or doctor. Similarly, options 1 and 3 are not mutually exclusive.

We are in or very near the endgame, so the other JoAT shouldn't fear for themselves now. They  could come forward with any other useful information. 

Honestly, if I hadn't used the wrong JoAT ability on Friday, I'd be posting this gif right now:

tenor.gif

With that said, I'm confident enough in the available evidence. @ChebyshevII PE I vote for @MadamPirate PE.

I'm pretty sure this is at least 3/5, but I'll restart at 1/5 with full confidence that I'll have at least four more posts today.
Impressive. Honestly damn good play.

Back