EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What, my 103 offspring, +Mrs. Cheb, weren’t enough for you? Geez.
Ah yes, @Roarbark lets them run free in the new larger dog parks as he borks Mrs. Chebs. The true lifestyle of the HOA board president. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Something I was hoping to see this round was how townies would covertly assemble in full view. I saw some signs of that... but I'll save that for another post.

Develop a (rapidly changing) code (which somehow excludes the randomly selected mafia)! 

RB: "Man, these pretzels are making me THIRSTY".
*Everyone proceeds to vote for Jean*
So interestingly, when I found out that I was a JoaT, I started thinking about this. I couldn't come up with a way to communicate info without revealing myself. Maybe there is a way but it definitely wasn't obvious to me.

Then I was wondering if I could vote in a way that the mafia had to respond to. When I thought about it some more, I don't see how this idea is any different from "vote for the mafia" which is what every townie is always trying to do. 

The only thing that I was able to come up with that resembled a realistic plan, was to use early game investigations and voting patterns to figure out people's roles. And then in the mid-game reveal myself and lay all the info out publicly. I was sure I'd get killed, but hopefully there would be enough actionable intel to sway the outcome. It would take some good luck to actually figure out roles. It would take a lot of skill to know when to show my hand. (Can't be to early because not enough info, or too late because less time to affect the outcome.) Also it would be interesting to see how the mafia responds. Would they kill me and confirm my info, or would they let me live and risk more investigations?

Unfortunately I didn't get to try any of it because y'all killed me. 😣 #stillbitter

Last edited by a moderator:
So interestingly, when I found out that I was a JoaT, I started thinking about this. I couldn't come up with a way to communicate info without revealing myself. Maybe there is a way but it definitely wasn't obvious to me.

Then I was wondering if I could vote in a way that the mafia had to respond to. When I thought about it some more, I don't see how this idea is any different from "vote for the mafia" which is what every townie is always trying to do. 

The only thing that I was able to come up with that resembled a realistic plan, was to use early game investigations and voting patterns to figure out people's roles. And then in the mid-game reveal myself and lay all the info out publicly. I was sure I'd get killed, but hopefully there would be enough actionable intel to sway the outcome. It would take some good luck to actually figure out roles. It would take a lot of skill to know when to show my hand. (Can't be to early because not enough info, or too late because less time to affect the outcome.) Also it would be interesting to see how the mafia responds. Would they kill me and confirm my info, or would they let me live and risk more investigations?

Unfortunately I didn't get to try any of it because y'all killed me. 😣 #stillbitter
I'm sorry @jean15paul_PE :(((((((((

giphy.gif

Back