EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a quick copy from the morning of day 2 last week. Most of the odds remain the same.

So there are seven players remaining: including 1-3 mafia, 2-4 regular townies, the doctor may be alive or dead, the cop may be alive or dead.

@RBHeadge PE

@tj_PE

@NikR

@ChebyshevII_PE

@ChaosMuppetPE

@ptatohed

@JayKay0914

The game is still going on so the 0<mafia<4.

The cop may or may not have survived the night. If s/he did, s/he knows at least one trusted townie OR one irregular person (mafia or the doctor). If the cop knows a safe townie, s/he would be wise to start teaming with him/her.

The doctor may or may not have survived the night. If the doctor did survive, s/he choose poorly last night.

Day 2 Analysis:

Unless stated otherwise, I'm leaving out the events where the doctor guesses right. The event tree become too convoluted at this stage of the game with those probabilities and I have a day job, one that has me pretty busy this week. Similarly, I'm assuming blind guesses with no strategy at this stage of the game. So the probabilities listed below are conservative for the townies. In the later stages, strategy overwhelms the dice - but I don't have enough data to guess how those will play out at this stage of the game.

If mafia=3

9% of townie win on day 4/5. Including winning a high noon shootout scenario.

4% we keep picking right the next couple days, but lose the shootout.

26% we pick right tonight but wrong tomorrow night and lose the town.

46% the game is over in 22 hours if we pick wrong tonight and the doctor protects the wrong person overnight. 11% chance we pick wrong but the doctor guesses right and we live to fight another day

if mafia=2

40% we win. This involves picking right in the evening at least once, and winning shootout scenarios. We could win in as soon as Day 3, or it could drag into day 5

43% we never pick right and we lose the town. 17% we lose in shootouts. The game could be over in a couple nights or possibly last into Day 5.

if mafia=1

14% we pick right and outright win tonight.

63% chance we pick right in the coming days or win the shootout.

77% total townie win

23% chance mafia beats the dice and takes the town

Though I want to vote for you, simply because you're voting for me on suspicion, I am instead voting for @ptatohed.  They voted for chart, who was eliminated the first round, and now seems to be targeting you (which would mean me voting for you would most likely kill you, even if you are an 'innocent' woodworker).  Since this is a game based on not letting the mafia win, and I can always buy produce in the afterlife...

@Roarbark I vote for @ptatohed, because they are specifically targeting people in the morning hoping that other people will follow their lead.

@NikR you better lay flowers at my grave.

Let it be known that I do not trust @NikR.

Alas, I have been dedded in the night, so cannot vote for said member.
I WOULD HAVE SAVED YOU IF I WAS A DOCTOR.  But, alas, I am but a produce-driven townsperson who is being accused by slander by others!

Or is it @ChaosMuppetPE we need to worry about?
As someone who is "supposedly" not going to be around a lot/not really playing, there is a possibility they might be mafia who are waiting until the townspeople have all killed each other/the doctor before they step in a use numbers to kill everyone not mafia.

How do you know so much about the mafia org structure 
My favorite movies when I was growing up were "The Godfather" and "Jurassic Park".  I also live near NYC, where the families are still active (but quiet) and the Russians are slowly hustling out of Rego-stan.   Kinda like how you learn farming knowledge living near farmers, I learn mafia stuff by living near the families.

Back