EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*still goes into office, pants still kinda fit*
Me today, minus the beard.  Please dear God don't let me get the beard.

1e27bc8ffcef5fde68774b620ebe651f5724f737.jpg

I can't wear jeans at work.
We're a company of less than 10. I wear jeans and a hoodie to work most days. This summer I might see if anyone says something if I wear shorts. The lead draftsman wears t-shits, shorts, and flip flops so I don't think it'll be an issue but it feels so wrong compared to every other job I've worked.

We're a company of less than 10. I wear jeans and a hoodie to work most days. This summer I might see if anyone says something if I wear shorts. The lead draftsman wears t-shits, shorts, and flip flops so I don't think it'll be an issue but it feels so wrong compared to every other job I've worked.
When I worked in consulting, I was allowed to wear whatever as long as it wasn't offensive?  Meaning I wore jeans and a blouse every once in a while, but mostly dresses and heels.  Federal government/hospital setting is more strict (aka: someone wore trap jeans once and now nobody can).

When I worked in consulting, I was allowed to wear whatever as long as it wasn't offensive?  Meaning I wore jeans and a blouse every once in a while, but mostly dresses and heels.  Federal government/hospital setting is more strict (aka: someone wore trap jeans once and now nobody can).
I wore polka pants (pixie pant from Old Navy) and my old supervisor would give me so much guff. We're a satellite office of a regional office. When HQ published their Women in Engineering photo and there were a handful of women in similar pants, I said to him "Its ok in HQ so I'm gonna keep wearing these pants". And then wore them on his last day. 

I wear NY&Co dress pants that have no buttons or zippers so they're basically yoga pants and various tops with cardigans. 

Our company recently removed the requirement that panyhose has to be worn with skirts/dresses... 

I wore polka pants (pixie pant from Old Navy) and my old supervisor would give me so much guff. We're a satellite office of a regional office. When HQ published their Women in Engineering photo and there were a handful of women in similar pants, I said to him "Its ok in HQ so I'm gonna keep wearing these pants". And then wore them on his last day. 

I wear NY&Co dress pants that have no buttons or zippers so they're basically yoga pants and various tops with cardigans. 

Our company recently removed the requirement that panyhose has to be worn with skirts/dresses... 
I'm assuming you mean polka dot pants and not polka pants...because polka pants are slightly offensive and very...loud for the workplace, and the tall boots and not easy to walk in.  I do love the mini-knife in the ribs on the last day.

As for pantyhose with skirts/dresses/slacks = My first job was at a bank.  I still wear leggings when I have a dress and/or stockings.  I only just recently started wearing heels without stockings.

Back