EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put way too much effort into this, but had to give it a decent end :p. I came this far...@tj_PE had 1 vote, and @NikR had 1 (and a half?) votes. Mildly gray area. I feel like NikR basically got voted against by Ptato, so: The remaining townspeople find @ChebyshevII_PE mangled body in the morning. Everyone has their suspicions who the killer was, but he has gone missing. It takes until almost midday before someone runs up with a tip that he was sighted heading into the forest along the edge of the town. Stopping by @vhab49_PE locker, you grab her gun, checking that it's still loaded. You trek through the forest. After about 20 minutes, you hear a gunshot. Running towards the sound, a strained sound catches your ear. You see @NikR, laying back against a tree. His leg is drenched red. You think you can see a fresh bullet wound, but there is no-one else here. He laughs weakly when you tell him to freeze, and train vhab's revolver on him. He lays back against a tree, grimacing in pain. A moment later, his cell phone rings. You demand he answer it, on speaker phone. NikR glances down at it as he holds it out to you. "It's yours. He'll be asking for you anyway.."Confused, you take the phone. The voice on the other side is jarringly calm., and doesn't waste time on pleasantries. "tj_PE. Ptatohed... Have you ever tried to stop a river from flowing?... You scoop your hand down there, into someone else's business, and try to hold back the water? It doesn't work. We flow around you. We push you over, surround you, cut off your air... If we need to, we disappear into the ground, slip through the cracks in your fingers...." The voice pauses."I have business to attend to... But this. isn't. over."As you look up from the phone, NikR has pulled out a gun. His gun rings out twice in rapid succession before you're able to react. The petals of red on NikR's leg continue to bloom. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------From a 1 to 1 tie, @tj_PE was selected by the Randomizer (NikRizer no more). The town has been decimated by the violent streak. Is anyone a winner here?

I put way too much effort into this, but had to give it a decent end :p. I came this far...@tj_PE had 1 vote, and @NikR had 1 (and a half?) votes. Mildly gray area. I feel like NikR basically got voted against by Ptato, so: The remaining townspeople find @ChebyshevII_PE mangled body in the morning. Everyone has their suspicions who the killer was, but he has gone missing. It takes until almost midday before someone runs up with a tip that he was sighted heading into the forest along the edge of the town. Stopping by @vhab49_PE locker, you grab her gun, checking that it's still loaded. You trek through the forest. After about 20 minutes, you hear a gunshot. Running towards the sound, a strained sound catches your ear. You see @NikR, laying back against a tree. His leg is drenched red. You think you can see a fresh bullet wound, but there is no-one else here. He laughs weakly when you tell him to freeze, and train vhab's revolver on him. He lays back against a tree, grimacing in pain. A moment later, his cell phone rings. You demand he answer it, on speaker phone. NikR glances down at it as he holds it out to you. "It's yours. He'll be asking for you anyway.."Confused, you take the phone. The voice on the other side is jarringly calm., and doesn't waste time on pleasantries. "tj_PE. Ptatohed... Have you ever tried to stop a river from flowing?... You scoop your hand down there, into someone else's business, and try to hold back the water? It doesn't work. We flow around you. We push you over, surround you, cut off your air... If we need to, we disappear into the ground, slip through the cracks in your fingers...." The voice pauses."I have business to attend to... But this. isn't. over."As you look up from the phone, NikR has pulled out a gun. His gun rings out twice in rapid succession before you're able to react. The petals of red on NikR's leg continue to bloom. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------From a 1 to 1 tie, @tj_PE was selected by the Randomizer (NikRizer no more). The town has been decimated by the violent streak. Is anyone a winner here?
Nice ending. Why you gotta do us like that.

And my apologies to everybody i annoyed with pm's. 

Why did you pick @ptatohed a couple nights ago? Was it random? We didn't have a chance to win under any rationale-play scenario after that assassination failed? 
It wasn’t completely random. My first choice was you, but then I got suspicious and changed my guess.

Let me tell you what happened.

After the lynching of @ChaosMuppetPE, I was devastated. I was certain that he was the Mafia.

To cool my head, I took a different route home. My intention was to visit @RBHeadge PE, and stay close in case the mafia came by.

But on my way, I noticed him and @NikR, nearly around the same time, going to a back alley. I noticed they were talking, but I had no idea who they were talking to or what they were talking about:D00414C8-060A-4939-AFB3-EE0544F716EA.png

Sure, there was no proof, but why were these two the only ones seemingly conspiring? I kept my distance and hoped they didn’t spot me.

I then made my way back towards @ptatohed‘s place, and decided to wait and see what happened. By the time I got there, he had been slumped over at his desk, unconscious. I knew this had to be the Mafia’s doing, so I quickly acted and pumped his stomach. Not wanting to be seen, I slipped into the shadows.

The next day, I spoke with @tj_PE and @ptatohed, revealed who I was, and informed them of my suspicions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back