EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I was like, NFW will anyone buy this at $25.  Its a t-shirt! Plus, it did not look like it was the same super soft shirt as was in the original photo.
Exactly!  I was looking for the super-soft shirt/rolled sleeves; but it doesn't help that the shirt they're showing is just the basic template shirt.  Bah!  BAH!

I'd rather use $25 to go shopping at Aldi and grab something delicious or candles.

Exactly!  I was looking for the super-soft shirt/rolled sleeves; but it doesn't help that the shirt they're showing is just the basic template shirt.  Bah!  BAH!

I'd rather use $25 to go shopping at Aldi and grab something delicious or candles.
That's a great store.  They have a lot of good products for good prices!

So yesterday:

• I volunteered as a judge at the city-wide science and engineering fair for the junior division (6-8 grade). That was a lot of fun. These kids are really smart. Since my company is one of the sponsors, we can judge and charge the time to the company (i.e. not have to take personal/vacation time).
  • Then I came home and smelled gas. Called the gas company and someone came out on an emergency appointment and fixed the leak. One of the threaded couplings in the attic by the heater had somehow gotten loose.
  • Then I went to traffic court to pay a speeding ticket that required a mandatory court appearance. You sign in and wait in the courtroom for your name to be called. Appearing in court is always a little nerve racking, even if it's just traffic court. While I nervously was waiting for my name to be called, I heard my father's name called. (FYI, my dad has been deceased for 19 years.) Hearing that out of the blue, completely unexpectedly, kinda shook me. Turned out it was someone else with the same name, which is really weird because neither his first name nor our last name is a common name.
Overall a very eventful day.

Sorry, this is super random. Just wanted to share.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a great store.  They have a lot of good products for good prices!
Big fan.  I shop a mix of Meijer, Costco, and Aldi.  Aldi for my grocery-groceries (mostly staples), Meijer for clothes and I guess other random groceries, and then Costco for gas and specialty items (like my salmon, tortilla chips, pitas, etc.)

We have the Costco membership, the upgraded one where you get the cash back rewards.  It's far away and we don't go very often, since Aldi is much closer and other really good discount stores have popped up in our town (my wife is a very good discount shopper).  We'll probably drop our membership, but we're shopping for another good cash-back card to replace it with, but there's so many good ones out there.

It's funny how gas prices vary from town to town.  It's cheaper to get gas where I work than it is at the Costco, even though it's a nice discount.  But gas prices are so low lately everything looks like a discount.

Mmmmm, I have the basic Costco membership ($60/year), but I combined that with the Costo Citi card that gets me 2% back at Costco, 3% back as restaurants/travel, and 4% back on gas.  Executive membership isn't worth the $120/year for an extra 2% at Costco (4% total if I use the citi card), but the basic membership and the card works out well enough for me.  I have found gas prices lower than Costco, but with the 2% back (and there being 3 Costco I can choose from equidistant from where I live/the app allowing me to see which one has the cheapest gas), I still find it easier to get groceries and then have gas right there than go wandering around for gas.

I am so confused with gas prices, since I left LI when prices were still mid to high $3+/gallon for regular.  But now those prices have fallen, but Indy has prices around low $2/gallon and I just don't know what's going.  I have a little Corolla/don't drive as much anyway, so gas prices aren't too big of a thing for me, but every once in a while I pull out my $500+/month bill I used to have on my old car and weep.

aka please let's discuss card options before you sign up for the 10% off your kohls purchase type card please please

aka please let's discuss card options before you sign up for the 10% off your kohls purchase type card please please
We charge everything to one card, and then pay it off every month.  We never carry a balance.  We're looking for one of those 1.5-2% cash back cards like the Capital One Quicksilver, or Citi Double Cash Card for people with good credit, just don't know which ones are best for everyday use (gas, groceries, etc).  We don't travel much but my wife and son fly to NC at least 1-2 times per year for births, weddings/funerals on her side of the family so we were thinking of getting a Southwest Rewards card, but I heard they're not as good.

We charge everything to one card, and then pay it off every month.  We never carry a balance.  We're looking for one of those 1.5-2% cash back cards like the Capital One Quicksilver for people with good credit, just don't know which ones are best for everyday use (gas, groceries, etc).  We don't travel much but my wife and son fly to NC at least 1-2 times per year for births, weddings/funerals on her side of the family so we were thinking of getting a Southwest Rewards card, but I heard they're not as good.
please let me help you navigate such decisions from my point of view! southwest is super valuable and so are other chase cards! i have many infos on these things 

Back