EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol since when is the game not enjoyable? Why are you playing if it ruins your day! 
*sad noises*

I've never really liked playing the mafia game in general because I do usually die the first day/night and I get a little anxious thinking I'm 'choosing' to kill people (even when it's virtual).  I do like modding, though, because the decision to 'dead' someone is out of my hands and I get to write. I only joined this game to help @Chattaneer PE with numbers and now I'm somehow in end-game.

Now I'm stressed on my short day at work.  😥

*sad noises*

I've never really liked playing the mafia game in general because I do usually die the first day/night and I get a little anxious thinking I'm 'choosing' to kill people (even when it's virtual).  I do like modding, though, because the decision to 'dead' someone is out of my hands and I get to write. I only joined this game to help @Chattaneer PE with numbers and now I'm somehow in end-game.

Now I'm stressed on my short day at work.  😥
*hugs*

Hey, I usually get killed the first day/night or two (except when I was cop...HELL YEAH! lol).  I know this game can be a bit time consuming and I should probably be looking at the battery problems I missed last night instead of typing on here, but if I didn't have this as an outlet to balance my work/study life I'd go crazy.  I get treated 10X worse on here than anywhere in real life, but I enjoy the camaraderie and the ribbing/jabbing back and forth.  Also enjoy all the jokes/memes from quick-witted people I never get around my family/friends and co-workers I would never get from "non-engineering" types.

You should probably mod the next round!

Hand over the serial killer and we'll let you go lol.

Okay, look.  In the past I've played the game/voted every night/PM'd people to try and create alliances, and I get killed immediately.  Then I am busy during the week, don't vote, expecting myself to be killed in some ridiculous way since there is mafia and SK and, FOR SOME REASON, I'm still alive!  I CAN'T ENJOY MY FRIDAY BECAUSE YOU GUYS HAVE NOW FORCED ME TO ACTUALLY PAY ATTENTION.  THANKS A TON.

*begins to actually read the thread from when this round started*
But you've been in the threads right around the vote soooo ~~how is your time being spent~~

Wait wait wait.... is that a pumpkin?!?!?!?!?!
Yes it's the everlasting pumpkin.  My wife bought it in mid-October.  We were going to carve it but our (then 2-1/2 year old, now almost 3) son wanted to paint it so he just painted it.  Then we left it outside for Halloween and the rain eventually washed it off.  I kept meaning to throw it away but it just sat there never rotted.  I'm wondering if it's just petrified.  Anyway I guess it's turned into a little ongoing science experiment.

This is starting to hurt my brain. Adding the SK has really spiced up this round.  
I'd like to complete an after action report for the round to see what we liked and disliked, what worked and didn't work.

This is starting to hurt my brain. Adding the SK has really spiced up this round.  
At first I thought adding the SK was going to be either a good idea gone bad or too complicated.  It's definitely made it interesting.  Not sure about the tracker, but the tracker got killed off early.  I like that we experiment with different roles.  

I'd like to complete an after action report for the round to see what we liked and disliked, what worked and didn't work.
Would you guys be opposed to having an early vote? Say maybe 3pm est to give @Roarbark a chance to wake up and get things figured out? After 5 I'm going to the gym and then who knows what. Then if we need a second vote we could do it at 5? That should wrap up the game today and not stretch it out into the weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you guys be opposed to having an early vote? Say maybe 3pm est to give @Roarbark a chance to wake up and get things figured out? After 5 I'm going to the gym and then who knows what. Then if we need a second vote we could do it at 5? That should wrap up the game today and not stretch it out into the weekend.
I was thinking the same. However, without revealing anything, there's the possibility the game could end with tonight's lynching or could continue 1 more night after tonight.

@RBHeadge PE @SaltySteve @JayKay PE @Roarbark

Is anyone opposed to closing out the lynch voting at 3 or 4pm, then reevaluate depending on how things develop?

Last edited by a moderator:
... and now I'm somehow in end-game.
Speaking of which, we ARE in the endgame. The result is in flux and I'm not sure that we're in anything more sophisticated than a random dice-roll scenario.I've gamed them all out. No matter what happens with the vote tonight, the game will have a nightkill phase and most likely it will be followed by coinflip or RPS "shootout".

I'd rather no one stress over this. It's a game, let's have fun with it. In a month, no one will remember or care who won or lost.

I enjoy the critical thinking and strategizing aspect of the game.

I don't make things personal when I play or vote; and generally people don't make it personal so I don't take it personal either. I hope everyone else feels the same way.

@Chattaneer PE @JayKay PE @SaltySteve @Roarbark I propose we speed this game up. At 3PM eastern today, let's so do the final town vote, nightkills, and RPS as needed. Wrap it up before COB and enjoy our weekends. And not stress about it in the meantime.

FYI  @txjennah PE There isn't a physical d3. So instead people use a d6 (regular cube die) and a roll of 1 or 2 is counted as a 1, 3 or 4 is a 2, 5 or 6 is a 3.

I'm not sure the "spiced up" is the right word, maybe it is. I'm not a fan of the inclusion in a starting group this small.

Would you guys be opposed to having an early vote? Say maybe 3pm est to give @Roarbark a chance to wake up and get things figured out?

I was thinking the same. However, without revealing anything, there's the possibility the game could end with tonight's lynching or could continue 1 more night after tonight.

@RBHeadge PE @SaltySteve @JayKay PE @Roarbark

Is anyone opposed to closing out the lynch voting at 3 or 4pm, then reevaluate depending on how things develop?
So I was typing up my message when you guys posted this. Yes, lets do the vote at 3 and have it all wrapped up immediately thereafter.

FYI  @txjennah PE There isn't a physical d3. So instead people use a d6 (regular cube die) and a roll of 1 or 2 is counted as a 1, 3 or 4 is a 2, 5 or 6 is a 3.
"...a roll of 1 or 2 is counted as a 1, 3 or 4 is a 2, 5 or 6 is a 3."

All students should study this and commit it memory.  Something like it will show up on the exam.

Does NIECES allow you to bring dice to the exam?  Thinking about bringing a pair.

I'm not sure the "spiced up" is the right word, maybe it is. I'm not a fan of the inclusion in a starting group this small.
I'm surprised it when on as long as it did. With the cop gone, I was thinking things were going to wrap up quickly.

Back