EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, teej. I totally didn’t know what to make of your reaction.
it's ok! it's not personal. I just thought I'd been playing the same as usual and wanted to know why everyone was all of a sudden accusing me when it wasn't meeeeeeeeeeeea

ha ha!

Well I had been the PMs with my townie group, and also with other PE students.  Lycee can vouch for me there lol.

Sometimes at work, I minimize my Eng Boards screen so I don't log off and I might stay in EB PMs, the public screen, or the EE Power screen for hours at a time.  

It wasn't that you messaged me, but you kind of had a hostile/defensive tone when I asked back, "What's YOUR role?" It seemed uncharacteristic of you and since I told the others in the group, and they had no suspects, you became the top target until we found out otherwise.

You were going to be voted off today (I didn't buy the plant/cat story at first). 

@tj_PE you said (today):  "I swear on my plants and 2 cats' lives I'm not mafia."  

Kind of a bold, desperate statement and I never thought as a cop I would get that out of someone, and I started to believe you, but then I thought, "What if her cats are dead?"  Didn't want to even think to ask you on that.  My sister has a beautiful cat and I know what it's like to bury a pet.  

Well I was going to ask if your cats were still alive, but I'm not a big enough jerk for that.  But BlyBrook started throwing you under the bus and that seemed suspicious, so I investigated MadamPirate and that was the end of that lol.
i appreciate you not wanting to be a jerk! your turn around of the same question with no response made me more suspicious. if people don't tell me straight up they're not maf then i struggle believing that they aren't until other stuff comes into play

it's ok! it's not personal. I just thought I'd been playing the same as usual and wanted to know why everyone was all of a sudden accusing me when it wasn't meeeeeeeeeeeea
I may not have played enough know this was your usual behavior.  I just mentioned your comments a couple of times and I guess it got into everyone's head and snowballed into you being the prime suspect 😁, so no, you didn't do anything unusual.

However, I now see how my mouth got me in trouble the first couple of times I played.  😄

How did you know that Bly knew that MEtoEE was the cop?

You were definitely the MVP this round by saving the cop on the first night - and thereafter. That move skewed the balance towards the town in so many ways:

It created a trusted connection between the cop and doctor, thus making a shield for the cop for the rest of the round.

It outed Bly as mafia, since he was the only non-cleared person MEtoEE told about his role.

It allowed another townie (fish guy) to reach out to a known townie and provide advice wrt compartmentalizing PMs and game strategy - thus making another semi-trusted townie.

By the next morning, the town had a pretty secure voting block to overcome any mafia alliance AND a lead on who was mafia.

The next three investigations were definitely fortuitous, but it was those moves for the first night basically solidified the town win.
I'll let @chart94 answer, but pretty sure his save on the first night was a guess on his part, (1 out of 3 right Chart?).  I didn't reveal my cop status to him until the second day, Tuesday 6pm EST, when no one else claimed to be the doctor.  I told Chart then @blybrook PEwas the only non-confirmed townie who knew.  At the same time I lucked out and investigated @JayKay PE.  That was pretty much the end of it since Bly was already halfway out (guilty by knowing too much).

Yes, @RBHeadge PE was a great source of advice!  A couple more lucky investigations just sped up the end game.

So, I think I can mod next round. There won't be any fancy story line (though I have some good ideas for a star trek theme), but I do want to introduce a different character instead of the vigilante if we have enough players. I have a slow-ish week coming up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree on the vigilante.  It's a strange role and I still don't quite understand the point of the character. 

Does anyone know how often the town wins vs mafia? I know last round was a fluke, but I think something should be done to give the mafia more ammo.  

I will have limited time to play from here on out. Boss is out of town next week and I've got multiple practice exams to work on.  Just a heads up so my quietness doesn't make me suspicious! 😉

So, I think I can mod next round. There won't be any fancy story line (though I have some good ideas for a star trek theme), but I do want to introduce a different character instead of the vigilante if we have enough players. I have a slow-ish week coming up.
Shields Up!

I want to be "Q".

@JayKay PE can be Guinan.

Engage!  Sit back and watch.  lol

Back