EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing some invoicing stuff for one of my projects.  And taking a look at some data - we did some groundwater injections at my site that haven't been very successful.  
Are any groundwater injections good?  Was it RegenOx?  I'm sure it was RegenOx...

And by two lights, I mean - one by the front door, and then one in the kitchen.  If you wanted a light in your dining room and living room, then screw you!!!!  Time to go to Target and furnish your space with a bunch of lamps like a college student!
You just reminded me that I need to buy a standing lamp for the one section in my apartment that doesn't have a light.

One would be too assymetrical for the space.  Most people complain about not having enough light.  You hardly ever hear someone complain about too much light, so I"m going to suggest 2.  4 is still way overkill.
I would probably do 2 as well. You said 96 sqft room? Is it square or rectangle? 8ft Ceilings?

I wanna find the builders for my house who thought that putting two lights downstairs is acceptable. 
Same. The lighting (or lack there of) at our front door is so dim at night. There is 1 light in the living room, but it's not enough to light up near the front door.

He's figuring out where in one of your backyards to bury one of these:

050329_nuclearwaste_hmed_7a.grid-6x2.jpg
Not me, that's someones' elses job.

Those are dry storage casks for spent nuclear fuel.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you know in Maine, with a permit, you can bury someone in your backyard? 

https://www.pressherald.com/2019/09/18/norway-woman-admits-to-burying-friend-in-backyard/

it's become a running joke with my best friend and I. I told her that I wasn't burying her near my well tho so I hope she didn't have wishes to be buried by water 
That's messed up lol.

In Tennessee, it's illegal to post images online if they are meant to cause emotional distress, so if any images I've posted has caused anyone "emotional distress", you may literally turn me into the authorities lol.  

But I'll accept getting voted off as a compromise lol.

Ditto.

This is reminding me how little actual engineering I've been doing at my current job. I'm mostly doing high level analysis and triage.
That sounds like engineering to me... Especially the triage. 😁

Maf has been very EE heavy lately lol 

what are you working on today TXJ? And you too Fish Guy?
I'm going to assume that applies to me, as well. I'm working of a generalized Geotechnical report for a zoo Albuquerque . I'm remembering that the problem with generalized Geotechnical reports is that you have to paint in broad strokes, using plenty of conservatism, because you don't have any idea what they're actually going to build... (Or what hack job of a contractor they might try to get to build it.)

Are any groundwater injections good?  Was it RegenOx?  I'm sure it was RegenOx...
Yay another enviro!

It was not RegenOx.  Buuuuut we are basically injecting a slurry into an injection well and the amendment is not very water soluble, soooo yeah.

We should have done DPT. I don't know why we did not do DPT.

Edit: I should mention I am not lead engineer on this project but it's been a learning experience for surrrree.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanna find the builders for my house who thought that putting two lights downstairs is acceptable. 
it's become  A THING to just not install overhead lights and have the switch tied to an outlet. Which fine, whatever, lemme plugint a radio to figure it out... 

But in one of my apartments, the top outlet in each duplex receptacle was daisy chained together and then tied to the switch...

and another apartment, had the outlet in the bathroom tied to the switch so i couldn't use the outlets in the dark... 

That's messed up lol.

In Tennessee, it's illegal to post images online if they are meant to cause emotional distress, so if any images I've posted has caused anyone "emotional distress", you may literally turn me into the authorities lol.  

But I'll accept getting voted off as a compromise lol.
*shrugs* welcome to Maine.

I mean, you can compost a body in either Oregon or Washington. Like legally do it. So I'm here for that. 

LOL.  Well some people like to use 40 lumens per square foot for an office space.  The engineer is showing 4 fixtures, which is way overkill.  2 would be plenty I think.
also im too lazy to do the actual math and check the standards. but illumination is my favorite section of the PE LOL 

That sounds like engineering to me... Especially the triage. 😁

I'm going to assume that applies to me, as well. I'm working of a generalized Geotechnical report for a zoo Albuquerque . I'm remembering that the problem with generalized Geotechnical reports is that you have to paint in broad strokes, using plenty of conservatism, because you don't have any idea what they're actually going to build... (Or what hack job of a contractor they might try to get to build it.)
YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY WHEN YOU ASSUME!!!!111!!!111!

it's become  A THING to just not install overhead lights and have the switch tied to an outlet. Which fine, whatever, lemme plugint a radio to figure it out... 

But in one of my apartments, the top outlet in each duplex receptacle was daisy chained together and then tied to the switch...

and another apartment, had the outlet in the bathroom tied to the switch so i couldn't use the outlets in the dark... 
In the MEP world, it's become a THING to put up a ton of lights (overkill) and then just put in dimmers so the owners can reduce them to whatever they want.  Designers are too lazy to do actual photometrics.

What's a slurry? 
We're mixing an amendment (in powder form) with water to treat the groundwater, but since the amendment isn't soluble, it's starting to settle at the bottom of our tanks.  We're very likely going to switch to a liquid amendment; won't be as long-lasting as the powder form (which is why we went with it in the first place), but at least we'll have an easier time getting it into the injection well, lol.

Yay another enviro!

It was not RegenOx.  Buuuuut we are basically injecting a slurry into an injection well and the amendment is not very water soluble, soooo yeah.

We should have done DPT. I don't know why we did not do DPT.

Edit: I should mention I am not lead engineer on this project but it's been a learning experience for surrrree.
Am I allowed to ask what your COC is?  I've dealt with a ton of PERC/Chloro-compound contamination in groundwater which is horrible on LI, due to the shallow groundwater table and perched water being the standard.  I tend to do permanent wells because with ISCO you always need to go back for at least another round.

That feels like a holdover law from the colonial period or 1800's when people would routinely get buried on on their family farmsteads.
yeah probably. you can see some of the family burial plots along the side of the interstate.

i like the idea of it tho, seems way cheaper than a regular burial 

Back