EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what are you working on today TXJ? And you too Fish Guy?
tenor.gif

LOL.  Well some people like to use 40 lumens per square foot for an office space.  The engineer is showing 4 fixtures, which is way overkill.  2 would be plenty I think.
Oh I know. I had a like 20x30ft control house a few years and we had 3 rows of 4ft long fixtures with 4ft between them so it ended up being like 12 fixtures. Your standard T8 bulbs and then each control cabinet also had a 1ft CFL inside. Well they had us double the overhead lighting. and it was already pretty decent and well over standard for foot-candles. you'd have issues if your head was in the cabinet towards the bottom but the electricians wear headlamps for that regardlesss. it was so effing bright in there with the extra fixtures. because everything was also ANSI 70 gray so... 

One would be too assymetrical for the space.  Most people complain about not having enough light.  You hardly ever hear someone complain about too much light, so I"m going to suggest 2.  4 is still way overkill.
I wanna find the builders for my house who thought that putting two lights downstairs is acceptable. 

I wanna find the builders for my house who thought that putting two lights downstairs is acceptable. 
And by two lights, I mean - one by the front door, and then one in the kitchen.  If you wanted a light in your dining room and living room, then screw you!!!!  Time to go to Target and furnish your space with a bunch of lamps like a college student!

Back