EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, I stabbed my finger with a knife right before going to the gym.  I slapped a band-aid on it, but it is still tingling at the fingertip.  @tj_PE said I'm fine, and they're a doctor, so I'll probably stop poking it to see if it it'll start bleeding again.

Current vote:

@jean15paul_PE (roar, madam)

@txjennah PE (jpaul, bly)

@blybrook PE (vhab)

Hmmmmm.  Only half of the middle finger is tingly now. *contemplatively strokes potentially dead finger*

OH NO.  If I ruin this one, I'll only have one finger to flip the bird!  And that would be horrible!
Get a prosthetic finger. Depending on how you stabbed it, it'll likely be fine in a day or two.

Get a prosthetic finger. Depending on how you stabbed it, it'll likely be fine in a day or two.
Could I get a middle finger for my pointer finger?  Or is that just confusing?  I stabbed it with a knife trying to open something, so I kinda jabbed right into the finger and then it cut up/sliced into the other one.  It kinda stopped bleeding quickish, so I'm not too worried, tbh.  It's just weird having two different 'feelings' on one finger.

Could I get a middle finger for my pointer finger?  Or is that just confusing?  I stabbed it with a knife trying to open something, so I kinda jabbed right into the finger and then it cut up/sliced into the other one.  It kinda stopped bleeding quickish, so I'm not too worried, tbh.  It's just weird having two different 'feelings' on one finger.
Was this during some kind of dark ritual?

You'd have to talk to a doc about that; it could be possible. 

Sounds like you'll get a good scar and have a story to tell. If it was still bleeding, it going completely numb, then it could have nerve damage

Was this during some kind of dark ritual?
...I was trying to open a package with these.  My mom got me them because she loves me and knows I don't have any bag clips...

s-l300.jpg

@blybrook PE it stopped bleeding fairly quickly tbh, only started bleeding when I bent the finger (and this was like 5-minutes after I stabbed it).  I went to the gym/worked out and it didn't bleed through the band-aid, so I'm thinking I didn't go too deep.  It's only tingly on one side of the finger and that's when I touch that part (it's like the quarter part of my middle finger that is facing me when I have my hands folded).  Don't think it's nerve damage since I can move and still 'feel' (even through the tingles pressure/me pressing with my nail), kinda feel like when I broke/jammed a couple fingers horseback riding.  It's still there/working; I'm just being dramatic.

omg i need those

i also need the townies to kill a mafia tonight plsthx

...I was trying to open a package with these.  My mom got me them because she loves me and knows I don't have any bag clips...

@blybrook PE it stopped bleeding fairly quickly tbh, only started bleeding when I bent the finger (and this was like 5-minutes after I stabbed it).  I went to the gym/worked out and it didn't bleed through the band-aid, so I'm thinking I didn't go too deep.  It's only tingly on one side of the finger and that's when I touch that part (it's like the quarter part of my middle finger that is facing me when I have my hands folded).  Don't think it's nerve damage since I can move and still 'feel' (even through the tingles pressure/me pressing with my nail), kinda feel like when I broke/jammed a couple fingers horseback riding.  It's still there/working; I'm just being dramatic.
You'll be fine. It'll take a few days to heal. 

Great bag clips too!

s-l300.jpg

::hugs:: hope it’s feeling better! No shame in getting it checked out tomorrow if it’s worrying you.

Back