EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one. Better a Pikachu than an Pick-axe you.

latest
Why not both 

tumblr_psm3mdgXAi1qc9dlro1_250.gif

"Humpty Dumpty isn't the only one having a great fall," titters @MadamPirate, tossing their carefully styled hair over their shoulder, somehow avoiding having any fly-aways cling to the artfully applied lip gloss thickly coating their lips.  Taking a sip of their Starbucks (because they deserve it), they complete the action by lounging sensuously in the large armchair that is situated in the store's front window.

Sitting across from them is @Will.I.Am, hands barely peeking out from the sleeves of their large, and extremely stylish, cable-knit sweater, humming softly in response as they take a sip of their own beverage.  Never mind that they ordered an iced coffee and the cup is the farthest thing for being hot: the sweater and bundled up/cozy look is soooo Autumn 2019 aesthetic.  "Motherfucking decorative gourd season."  They respond, shimmying so they were even deeper in their sweater, which seems slightly more voluminous than it was just a moment ago.

The bell chimed softly as a different patron entered the store for a mid-day refreshment.  It was so nice having a chain coffee store in the neighborhood.  Granted, something organic and local would have been better, but, ugh, the people who ran those stores!  Totally didn't fit with the image they were trying to portray to the 'other' neighborhoods.  No, no, it was much better to have a trademarked company, with a stock symbol, control the caffeine of those who didn't French-press it at home.  It was the lesser of two evils.

Plus the holiday cups were so cute: perfect for selfies and instas.

@ChebyshevII PE carefully made a duckface that highlighted their cheekbones and tastefully implied they were too important to have a job and that things were just given to them in life.  It was a hard insta life, but somebody had to be an influencer.  #2blessed2bstressed #starbucks #redcup #lookoftheday  They had over 100k followers who hung on their every word, just had to make sure they never took a picture when they were covered in child vomit and they'd be golden.  As if the nanny would let the children loose for that long.

Just as they were about to hit submit, the front door banged open with a thunderous clang and @Ranger1316 stumbled into the Starbucks, screaming, "@blybrook PE was killed last night!  @blybrook PE was murdered!!"  They actually dared to cut the line and head to the front without even having a mobile order.  "Didn't you hear me, @blybrook PE was murdered!  They were a professional body builder!  Why would they attempt to actually bench press when they were trying to cut water weight before a competition!?!" They wailed when there was no reaction.

Ambiance: Destroyed.  

Glaring patrons: Everywhere.

Flower latte art: looking suspiciously like a penis.

"You have to believe me!  How did you not hear that they were killed?"  @Ranger1316 exclaimed when no one moved from their cozy perches.  Baffled at the lack of response, they grabbed @NikR's arm, causing hot chocolate to spill everywhere, "Something is wrong here.  Something is seriously-"

A choked off cry as a pitcher full of steamed milk was thrown in their face by the surprisingly petite barista, who had left their post behind the counter.  As @Ranger1316 squirmed on the ground, eyes swelling and skin beginning to peel after turning a violent shade of red, the barista turned a blindingly white smile to @NikR.  "I'm sorry for that disturbance, can I replace your drink?  At Starbucks we understand we sometimes don't always make it right, and we want to make sure your drink is perfect."

@NikR nodded dully, having never lifted their eyes from their phone where they were watching an Asian man do a full face of makeup after working, what seems to be, a full day in a coal mine.  These skills are obviously worth studying and are way more important than the blathering of someone who would dare disturb the peace of a Sbux.

"Does anyone else's order need to be corrected?" The barista asks, their voice melodiously blending with the Indy music being piped in from the hidden speakers, but loud enough to drown out @Ranger1316's pained whimpers.

@vhab49_PE's perfectly plucked eyebrow rose above their Cartier Panthere aviators at the barista's inquiry.  

Obviously, death was the only answer.

With a nod at their patron's request, the barista grabbed @Ranger1316 by the hair and somehow easily pulled them behind the counter while their co-workers continued to make drinks at an alarming speed.  There was a gurgled shout, a strained 'No!', and then the heavy sound of the microwave door slamming shut on a solid object.  The paninis would take a while to heat for the next customer.  A moment later, the Vitamix blender crunches through something a little bit more solid than a frappuchino. Thank god they had three of the blenders in service at this location.

"Venti, hot, skinny, vanilla chai latte, extra hot for...Shart?  Venti, hot, skinny, vanilla chai latte, extra hot for Shart?"  

@chart94 sighed and grabbed the offered beverage.

Smooth jazz played in the background over the smell of slightly burnt coffee and fresh blood.

Nobody seemed concerned.

@Ranger1316 was a gated community member (aka; a solid townie).

The remaining players are:
@ChebyshevII PE, @chart94, @RBHeadge PE, @Will.I.Am, @tj_PE, @NikR, @vhab49_PE, and @MadamPirate

The final vote was:
6 @Ranger1316
1 @RBHeadge PE 

Last edited by a moderator:
"Venti, hot, skinny, vanilla chai latte, extra hot for...Shart?  Venti, hot, skinny, vanilla chai latte, extra hot for Shart?"  

@chart94 sighed and grabbed the offered beverage.

Smooth jazz played in the background over the smell of slightly burnt coffee and fresh blood.
This right here is solid gold.  I fucking love it.

Back