EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Popcorn.gif

A couple of rules:

1) You may use this thread to vote and post about the game
2) Anyone who is an active participant in the game can use this thread to speculate, discuss, accuse, or otherwise participate in the game; just please make sure to follow regular EB forum guidelines.
3) Your vote only counts if you are playing and not yet eliminated.
4) If there is a tie for most votes, I will either ask for 10 rounds of RPS or use a randomizer in a best of 10 round.
5) EB PMing is allowed this round.
6) All votes via PM will not count unless they are specifically for Mafia actions.
7) Votes submitted after the deadline will count towards the following day.
8) You are not allowed to reveal your role, privately or publicly, after you have been eliminated. You may not post screengrabs of private messages in this thread.
9) Please keep all trash talk in the thread and don’t take things too seriously!
10) New players get a free pass on the first day. No lynches/no night kill. New players this around are:
So I guess my confusion is, rule 5 says pming is allowed. Rule 8 says you can't reveal your role. How does that work?

Huh, isn't role automatically revealed once you are eliminated? Seems like a useless rule?
Nope, the role is only revealed after a vote. When the mafia night kills someone, the role remains a secret. Look at Durans spreadsheet and you'll see that doth's role is "? Townie"

I think most of the questions have been answered to be clear. You can PM anyone and anytime for any reason. So feel free to participates in side conversations, privately pick peoples brains, tell lies :) , etc. (We have played some rounds where no PM-ing was allow and it's an interesting change to the dynamic.)

After you're dead you're not allowed to reveal your role.

There's some grey area about what you can reveal after you're dead. The rules specifically say that you can Well it looks like they were changed at some point. (Vets rarely read the whole rule post because it rarely changes.) Rule 2 used to apply to everyone dead or alive. So dead players could still participate, speculate, post their reads, etc. @DuranDuran PE can you clarify? But there's some grey area between speculating and revealing your role. I would generally still post my opinions. But if I knew something as fact, I treat it like that info died with me. Some people don't post anything after they are dead.

he's maf maybe :unsure:
So here's my thoughts....
  • If @structurenole15 is a townie, there's no benefit and a BIG downside to publicly speculating about who the cop and doctor are. The town needs them to stay hidden and only reveal themselves to confirmed townies. So that post didn't make sense.
  • If @structurenole15 is mafia, there's still no benefit to publicly speculating about the cop and doctor. I'd expect that convo to be held in the mafia chat. There's less downside, but still some as it make you look suspicious.
Therefore either way it was a bad play, that I have to attribute to a newbie mistake. As such, it doesn't affect my read of him in either direction.

You, on the other hand @djl PE ; You jumped on that maybe he's mafia pretty quickly. It definitely benefits the mafia to point fingers when the opportunity arises. I don't have any strong reads of anyone, but I'm going to go with my gut for the moment.....

So here's my thoughts....
  • If @structurenole15 is a townie, there's no benefit and a BIG downside to publicly speculating about who the cop and doctor are. The town needs them to stay hidden and only reveal themselves to confirmed townies. So that post didn't make sense.
  • If @structurenole15 is mafia, there's still no benefit to publicly speculating about the cop and doctor. I'd expect that convo to be held in the mafia chat. There's less downside, but still some as it make you look suspicious.
Therefore either way it was a bad play, that I have to attribute to a newbie mistake. As such, it doesn't affect my read of him in either direction.

You, on the other hand @djl PE ; You jumped on that maybe he's mafia pretty quickly. It definitely benefits the mafia to point fingers when the opportunity arises. I don't have any strong reads of anyone, but I'm going to go with my gut for the moment.....
Hypothetically, if @jean15paul_PE were mafia, they would know that @structurenole15 was also mafia. It would be very logical for jean to then explain away a potential strategic mistake made by nole. If we determine that nole is mafia, I think there's a high likelihood jean is as well. I like the potential to bag two mafiosos.

For this reason, @DuranDuran PE I vote for @structurenole15

Back