EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for missing @Dothracki PE . I had a lot of fun and really enjoyed the writing.

I will say, I don't think the Hunter ghost mechanic was balanced correctly. You were worried about them giving too large of an advantage to the town, but they really helped out the mafia. They gave us 2 extra townie kills.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Maybe it would have been different if the cop lived longer.
Maybe. I think once the cop is eliminated, especially on day one, the town's odds just take a cliff dive.

One thing I still don't get? If @djl PE was the spy, and @DuranDuran PE was the sherrif (who we luckily nightkilled the very first night), why the hell did the hunter ghosts target @MadamPirate PE ???? Made us all think she was mafia so that's why we all voted for her yesterday.
You knew she wasn't mafia 🤣

Correction. I guess the ghost did get the mafia spy. So maybe it was balanced?
It's an advantage to the town if the ghosts are careful. The haunt was a "gimmie", but the second haunt was a guess. In hindsight, maybe we should have exercised some caution since we weren't sure about @MadamPirate PE , but at some point the town is getting desperate for a mafia kill so it becomes a gamble. Just FYI, you were the third target but it was game over by then lol.

Targeting @MadamPirate PE was simply a bad guess on my part. I think I started that vote and everyone followed suit.

@djl PE investigated me first and lucked out. I'm guessing he voted for me right away maybe as an announcement to the mafia that he found me. He blundered though and announced his status via PM after I got night killed. Easy mistake (he forgot about the ghost hunter thing) since this was a new added twist in our game. I couldn't help but take advantage.
interesting

Who led the vote to night kill me first? :poop:
I suggested targeting you first. You usually keep a vote spreadsheet which provides good intel. My thought was killing you would keep you from tracking that since there's the new rule saying you're not allowed to participate after death.

Unfortunately the mod did it anyway... seems out of scope of the mod's job IMO. <sideeye> @Dothracki PE

I suggested targeting you first. You usually keep a vote spreadsheet which provides good intel. My thought was killing you would keep you from tracking that since there's the new rule saying you're not allowed to participate after death.

Unfortunately the mod did it anyway... seems out of scope of the mod's job IMO. <sideeye> @Dothracki PE
Duely noted for feedback. I won't share it then in the future. Just the vote counts.

Duely noted for feedback. I won't share it then in the future. Just the vote counts.
@jean15paul_PE fair point. We should clarify in the future if providing intel (vote history) is considered active participation/game analysis, or simply information to help others from scrolling back through multiple pages to see who voted for whom and when.

I started sharing my spreadsheet a long time ago. I kept doing it even as mafia because I was afraid if I stopped doing it for one round, people would suspect I wasn't sharing info because I was mafia.

@jean15paul_PE fair point. We should clarify in the future if providing intel (vote history) is considered active participation/game analysis, or simply information to help others from scrolling back through multiple pages to see who voted for whom and when.

I started sharing my spreadsheet a long time ago. I kept doing it even as mafia because I was afraid if I stopped doing it for one round, people would suspect I wasn't sharing info because I was mafia.
Yeah I agree. Not saying I'm right. But worth a discussion.
Curious what @RBHeadge PE thinks about this.

Just my opinion, but the information I provide on the spreadsheet is nothing more than can be gained from simply going back to the beginning of the round and counting votes. It helps the town, but can also aid the mafia since they can use the vote history to build a case against a townie's voting history. On one hand, you can argue keeping up with votes is part of the game and the responsibility of each player to keep up with it. On the other hand, I recognize I'm an active player and if the spreadsheet helps the busier and more inactive players keep up with the game/story line and keeps them interested, then I think it's a plus. I'm good either way you guys decide though.

As the originator of the game, my opinion is that the mod should be involved in the game as little as possible. So while voting history is nice, it should be a voluntary act by one of the players/all of the players to go back and look at previous posts. If the mod is doing all the work for the players, it's taking some of the fun out of it.

I kept a spreadsheet very similar this round as well. I think it helped me keep track, and I was able to even share a snip of it last night while we were deciding who our next nightkill victim was. I'm probably going to keep doing it, but I probably won't ever share it in the public forum, just any private groups I'd be a part of.

And yes, that means I enjoyed this round enough that I'm hooked and would love to partake again!

As the originator of the game, my opinion is that the mod should be involved in the game as little as possible. So while voting history is nice, it should be a voluntary act by one of the players/all of the players to go back and look at previous posts. If the mod is doing all the work for the players, it's taking some of the fun out of it.
Should we ban snippets or voting history from participating players except in PMs?

Should we ban snippets or voting history from participating players except in PMs?
I wouldn't go that far, cause if someone actively participating (and alive lol) wants to be smart enough or dumb enough to share their spreadsheet, that's up to them. It could help or hurt, but nobody will know which until it's too late probably lol.

I wouldn't go that far, cause if someone actively participating (and alive lol) wants to be smart enough or dumb enough to share their spreadsheet, that's up to them. It could help or hurt, but nobody will know which until it's too late probably lol.
I tend to agree. Participating players should be able to do (and share) that work if they want to, but the mod shouldn't.

Back