EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

My story is going on for quite a while so I'm going to break it up.

Prologue

Our story begins at the annual EB Halloween party at @tj_PE's house. Everyone there was in costume, there was plenty of festive foods, music, puppies, and a rousing game of mafia going on. Everyone is used to hiding behind the internet, but in real life the game changes people. After several rounds, once again the mafia won and @JayKay PE and @Roarbark enjoyed fooling the town, celebrating at their craftiness. Just then @SaltySteve PE showed up at the front door and was not in costume. He was wearing a flannel shirt and leather jacket.

"What are you doing here, I thought you couldn't make it?", asked @tj_PE. "@blybrook PE has been on a hunting trip and he hasn't been back in a couple of days", @SaltySteve PE explained looking cool as a cucumber. "I don't know where exactly, but I have his journal and found several leads in a few states nearby. The only way to find him is to check them out and finish what he started." "Can't we just call the police or something? It sounds dangerous!" Exclaimed @vhab49_PE, realizing that @blybrook PE and @SaltySteve PE were not normal hunters. "The police will just think your crazy. Not many people know that monsters exist, thanks to people like us. I'll need everyone's help. The more resources we have, the better chances we have at finding them.", said @SaltySteve PE. Everyone didn't really have a choice knowing their friend was out there and could have been captured by who knows what or worse.

So the gang quickly got into carpoools and started the trip to check out the first lead. @SaltySteve PE lead the group in his 1967 Chevy Impala. "The first lead is not too far from here, at an old plantation in Georgia. The entry says the people living there have been seeing strange things and hearing weird noises. One person even claims to have been pushed down the stairs." @SaltySteve PE explained on the radio they had to communicate with the groups. The caravan drove off into the night while @SaltySteve PE was blasting a cassette tape from Journey.

Last edited:
My story is going on for quite a while so I'm going to break it up.

Prologue

Our story begins at the annual EB Halloween party at @tj_PE's house. Everyone there was in costume, there was plenty of festive foods, music, puppies, and a rousing game of mafia going on. Everyone is used to hiding behind the internet, but in real life the game changes people. After several rounds, once again the mafia won and @lyceefruit and @Roarbark enjoyed fooling the town, celebrating at their craftiness. Just then @SaltySteve PE showed up at the front door and was not in costume. He was wearing a flannel shirt and leather jacket.

"What are you doing here, I thought you couldn't make it?", asked @tj_PE. "@blybrook PE has been on a hunting trip and he hasn't been back in a couple of days", @SaltySteve PE explained looking cool as a cucumber. "I don't know where exactly, but I have his journal and found several leads in a few states nearby. The only way to find him is to check them out and finish what he started." "Can't we just call the police or something? It sounds dangerous!" Exclaimed @vhab49_PE, realizing that @blybrook PE and @SaltySteve PE were not normal hunters. "The police will just think your crazy. Not many people know that monsters exist, thanks to people like us. I'll need everyone's help. The more resources we have, the better chances we have at finding them.", said @SaltySteve PE. Everyone didn't really have a choice knowing their friend was out there and could have been captured by who knows what or worse.

So the gang quickly got into carpoools and started the trip to check out the first lead. @SaltySteve PE lead the group in his 1967 Chevy Impala. "The first lead is not too far from here, at an old plantation in Georgia. The entry says the people living there have been seeing strange things and hearing weird noises. One person even claims to have been pushed down the stairs." @SaltySteve PE explained on the radio they had to communicate with the groups. The caravan drove off into the night while @SaltySteve PE was blasting a cassette tape from Journey.
@SaltySteve PE is Dean!

Who is going to be Cas? #bromance

@squaretaper LIT AF PE was lynched by the town
@squaretaper LIT AF PE was a normal hunter

Write up to follow.
oh square! sorry you got deaded.... guess we need a puppy pic from you now! If I post any (and I have lots), people will think I'm maf.. which i'm not.

at least it's not as bad as the last round where we lynched our cop the first day, but we need some monster kills!

Day 1 Narrative

Finally they arrived at the plantation. "Everyone lay low for now, @tj_PE and I will head in to check out the place." "How will you get in?" asked @vhab49_PE knowing that they can't just break in. "That's easy, we will just pose as exterminators coming to do a cleaning. I was able to access records on the place and found a contract with a local exterminator.", explained @SaltySteve PE. "That sounds illegal!" said @vhab49_PE. @SaltySteve PE retorted, "It's public records since it is a state propoerty. Besides, do you want to find @blybrook PE or not?"

After the group all found a hotel, they all got a bite to eat at the diner. "It's on me", said @SaltySteve PE producing a credit card with the name "Dean Winchester". "I cannot belive you," said @vhab49_PE in a hushed tone after they noticed the name on the credit card, "that's fraud." @SaltySteve PE brushed her off knowing this is the life of a hunter. The job doesn't pay well but it always rewarded him in knowing that he could saving people.

After the diner, @SaltySteve PE and @tj_PE donned their exterminator gear and went to the plantation using a rented van as part of their cover. They walked up to the office in the back and knocked on the door. An older woman screamed as she seemed startled by the noise. She went to the door and saw Steve and @tj_PE dressed in coveralls and buckets with equipment. "Sorry to startle you ma'am", said Steve, "We are here to do a routine pesticide spray in the house." "That's okay I just was not expecting any visitors today. We've been closed for the past couple of days, there was an incident with a visitor, you see so we had to close while it was investigated. But I suppose that we could use some spraying, especially since there is nobody else here.", the old woman said. She was obviously on edge about the mysterious circumstances that were reported to @blybrook PE. "Great, this won't take much time. We will just go in with our tools and be right out in a jiffy.", Salty said as the woman led them inside. She let them in and returned to the office to go back to her computer.

@SaltySteve PE and @tj_PE went around spraying the walls and ceilings. Just then they felt a chill in the air. @SaltySteve PE took out his EMF meter and it started whirring and blinking red lights. "Definitely a ghost", said Salty as he has seen many in his time hunting. "The only way to get rid of them is to find out what is keeping them here and burn it. Sometimes it can be their body that was not properly buried or sometimes they can be attached to an object.", @SaltySteve PE continued. "But how do we find out what that is?", asked @tj_PE. @SaltySteve PE answered, "we have to come back at night and find out more about this ghost. Perhaps there are also old records that will show any deaths on the properties." They finish up their exterminator duties and regroup with the team.

They head to the library to try and find out any information on the house. "So get this", said @structurenole2015 while reading old newspapers, "a man was murdered by a robber who broke into his house in 1897. The man was out farming behind the house when he heard a noise. He went to go investigate and came upon a robber who shot him with a gun at the base of the stairs. The address listed on the house is the same as the plantation." "Alright, so we should split up and double our efforts.", said @SaltySteve PE, "tonight I will need some of you to go find the homeowner's grave and burn his body. The rest will come with me and we can make sure that there are no attached objects left in the house."

Later that night @SaltySteve PE lead his half of the group into the house. Earlier that day, he left a window open just a hair so that he would be able to re-enter through the window. The house was dark and creepy looking at night. "Remember don't turn on any lights, just keep your flashlights on and avoid shining at any windows. We don't want to call any attention to ourselves. If the spirit shows up, only two things that will protect you. Iron and salt. Keep these iron rods at the ready. If necessary, I have salt and we can make a salt circle around us to protect us.", explained @SaltySteve PE. The team headed upstairs and started to get a chilling feeling as the room got colder. Suddenly the spirit appeared and charged at JP who swung his steel rod at it and it vanished. But not for long as it came up behind the group already up the stairs and managed to push @squaretaper LIT AF PE over the railing who plummeted to the ground below headfirst. "No!!!" shouted Steve as he swung his iron bar at the ghost who once again vanished, this time it was gone.

@squaretaper LIT AF PE was lynched by the town, they were a hunter, now the first member of the hunter ghosts.

Last edited:
Night 1

@SaltySteve PE began to realize this ghost was stronger than he thought and would need a miracle from the other team to prevent any further incidents. "Get into that room!", he shouted as he produced two cans of salt from his bag. "Everyone huddle together, @beccabun PE and I need to make a circle around us with the salt. Make sure you leave no gaps!" As they did so the ghost reapeared at the steps and started floating towards them. As they completed the circle and all stepped in the ghost was unable to reach them as if there was an invisible wall between them and the ghost. The ghost appeared frustrated and started to throw objects around the room.

Meanwhile in the nearby cemetery, the other half of the group was digging out the coffin they confirmed was the man in the paper. "How far down do we have to dig?", asked @DuranDuran PE, "We've been digging for about an hour now." Just then they heard a thunk with one of the shuttles and finally reached the coffin. It was sealed shut with nails. "Quick, get the crowbar", said @NikR_PE as ran in with the crowbar to try to lift the wooden coffin lid. "It won't budge!" they said as @FlangeheadPEAZ and @djl PE jumped in to to help pry it open with the shovels. Finally there was a loud creak and the top flew open. @tj_PE brought out the gasoline and salt as she was instructed and started to pour it over the body. "Light it up!" she told to @DuranDuran PE who pulled out the zippo lighter, ingighted it, and tossed it into the coffin. The body immediately ent up in flames.

The ghost was still frustrated trying to break the salt circle and was now throwing objects at the group. However there was not much that could be harmful as they were in a room decorated as a library. As the ghost kept targeting the circle, he suddenly burst into flames screaming in agony. Suddenly everything stopped and the chill in the house was gone. "Looks like we stopped him", said @SaltySteve PE as he exited the circle to survey the damage.

The group in the cemetery stood around and watched the blaze that now engulfed the coffin as well as the body as if to pay respects to the unfortunate homeowner. Suddenly an invisible force grabbed @DuranDuran PE lifted him up into the air and slammed him down into the blazing coffin and he too went up in flames. Panicked, everyone ran back to the car and left the cemetary in the rear view mirror.

The team regrouped at the hotel, telling their stories of what happened. "We lost two good men today," said @SaltySteve PE, "and all for nothing!" he shouted as he kicked the dresser in the hotel room in anger. "We didn't find any sign of @blybrook PE, but we can't change the past. We need to move on and keep searching, @squaretaper LIT AF PE and @DuranDuran PE would have wanted us to. The next entry in the journal said there was a group of teenagers who disappeared at an abanonded house. Sounds like it could be another ghost, but we need to stay on our toes. Sounds to me like @DuranDuran PE was killed by a demon."

@DuranDuran PE was nightkilled by the monsters

There was no haunting from the hunter ghosts.

Back