EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Losing the cop sucks. But the doc gave us more life (pun intended). So best scenario we have a known townie coalition of four players, with 4M and 3?. I like those odds. Game is still very winnable. Worst case it's only a townie coalition of two players. Which is not great. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
I'm going to play the odds and follow the WPA.

FWIW I'm not the mafia spy
In fairness though the mafia spy wouldn't actually admit to being the mafia spy. ;) I of course highly doubt you're the spy but I'm just sayin.

Couldn't it also be that the mafia was going to sacrifice the mafia boss to get two NKs? Or am I misinterpreting that? @DuranDuran PE
Not sure what you're asking. The mafia DOES have the ability to sacrifice their boss at night (all mafia must be in agreement, except for the mafia spy, who is (at least not initially) in contact with the mafia group). If they sacrifice their boss, they get two night kills. This has the same effect if, say, the town lynches the mafia boss during the day. That night the mafia get two night kills, so same result.

To be clear, if the doc accidently "saves" the mafia boss, the mafia boss doesn't die, so the mafia keep their boss and only get one night kill.

Not sure what you're asking. The mafia DOES have the ability to sacrifice their boss at night (all mafia must be in agreement, except for the mafia spy, who is (at least not initially) in contact with the mafia group). If they sacrifice their boss, they get two night kills. This has the same effect if, say, the town lynches the mafia boss during the day. That night the mafia get two night kills, so same result.

To be clear, if the doc accidently "saves" the mafia boss, the mafia boss doesn't die, so the mafia keep their boss and only get one night kill.
So under Ultimate Werewolf rules we can't divine anything with absolute certainty from last night? ......great /s

OHHHH i gotcha okay okay my bad

OHHHH i gotcha okay okay my bad
hold up. now I'm confused.
@DuranDuran PE is the order or operations?
1) mafia targets boss first
2) mafia makes second target
3) if boss is killed then second target is attacked
4) if boss is alive then second target is not attacked.

Or is it?
1) mafia boss and another is targeted
2) both are attacked, but if the boss is saved the second target is still killed

hold up. now I'm confused.
@DuranDuran PE is the order or operations?
1) mafia targets boss first
2) mafia makes second target
3) if boss is killed then second target is attacked
4) if boss is alive then second target is not attacked.

Or is it?
1) mafia boss and another is targeted
2) both are attacked, but if the boss is saved the second target is still killed
Here is how the mafia boss role plays out in the following scenarios. This is for this round, but obviously after this round is over we can discuss/tweak the rules if we decide there's too much imbalance.

1. Mafia decide to nightkill the boss. The mod reports to the public, "The mafia have sacrificed their boss, @________. They have been granted two nightkills. @_______ and @_____ were nightkilled by the mafia." I will reveal all three roles.

2. Townies lynch the mafia boss. The mod reports: "@_______ was lynched by the town. He was the mafia boss. The mafia are granted two night kills as a result. @_______ and @ ______ were night killed by the mafia. I will reveal all roles who were killed.

3. Doc accidently saves mafia boss. The mod reports: "The mafia attempted to sacrificed their boss, but they were saved by the doc. @ _______ were night killed by the mafia." So ONLY the night kill victim's role is revealed, but not the mafia boss, since they survived the "sacrifice" and not killed.

Wait. Are the mafia allowed to vote for each other during the night kill if they're not the mafia boss? I thought that was one of those things "mafia cannot vote for themselves, meaning a night save pretty much confirmed that they were not-maf?"
I've always understood (under normal rules) the mafia could vote for each other during the night, but that just wouldn't make sense under any circumstances. Why would the mafia ever eliminate one of their own during the night? Therefore, I always presumed we (as players in the EB Mafia games) assumed anyone saved during the night were townies. At least, that's how I've always viewed it.

Latest posts

Back