EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 5

Tryouts for the U.S. Underwater Hockey (octopush) team concluded with @squaretaper LIT AF PE , @RBHeadge PE , @JayKay PE , @SaltySteve PE and @Dothracki PE making the team. Other promising swimmers were considered, but unfortunately were innocent bystanding victims of a turf war between a mafia street gang and @tj_PE wanting to build a respectable resort centered around a re-developed sports complex. The mafia's lone survivor was planning his next move. Maybe with the team leaving for Tokyo, he could quickly round up some new recruits before the @tj_PE could establish a new police force and replace their investigator.

@JayKay PE and @squaretaper LIT AF PE were deputized by @tj_PE to help track down @djl PE . "At least until our new police force gets established", said @tj_PE . "Take @blybrook PE with you. He's good at sniffing people out. We need to capture him and find out once and for all if he's really mafia" "Check @MadamPirate PE 's room", said @JayKay PE . "Why?", said @squaretaper LIT AF PE . "She left behind her pet octopus. It's symbolic to the mafia. Also, I'm sure @djl PE is looking to take any of her belongings or cash laying around before his next move."

They entered the hotel, but it was too late. @djl PE was making his way out of the building. A gun fight ensued. Only @djl PE was hit, but he was wearing a bullet-proof vest. @djl PE kept running, but @JayKay PE and @squaretaper LIT AF PE were closing in fast. @djl PE flung his vest off to shed the weight, and he was able to get away.

@djl PE jumped in his black Lincoln Town Car and sped away, happy to escape for the moment. What to do next....look for new recruits, look for a new town, maybe look for an honest job. An engineering job maybe....maybe...."Hmm, what now?", he said aloud to himself. His thoughts were interrupted by a loud "click". @tj_PE had been hiding in the back seat the whole time. "I'll tell you what now", she said. "You're going to answer some questions. If you tell me the truth, I will let you out of this car. If you lie, you will become this car. Got it?" "What's your question?" "My question is, ARE YOU MAFIA?" "YES!" "Ok, who's left among you and where are they?" "I'M THE ONLY ONE LEFT! I SWEAR!" @tj_PE pulled the trigger. She was in no mood for games. Besides, even if @djl PE was lying, it would send a clear message: Mafia better get out of town for good.

@tj_PE drove the town car with the dead body to the scrapyard, where @blybrook PE was waiting. @tj_PE tossed him the keys. "Tell the operator he owes the town money in back taxes. Tell him to take care of this car and we'll call it even. @blybrook PE nodded.

Later, the scrapyard's compactor could be seen flattening the town car. @blybrook PE watched as the hunk of metal slowly collapsed, holes opening up at the seams to let fluids escape...gasoline, oil, transmission fluid, as well as "other" fluids, in this particular situation.

The Townies win!

The moderator decided to end this round early, as it was obvious the townies cornered the last remaining mafia and this game was pretty much over with. There is no need to drag on an extra day.

Remaining players:
@squaretaper LIT AF PE , @Dothracki PE , @RBHeadge PE, @JayKay PE, @SaltySteve PE

Regular Town: @JayKay PE , @RBHeadge PE , @SaltySteve PE , @squaretaper LIT AF PE
Town Investigator: @beccabun PE
Town Doctor: @Dothracki PE

Regular Mafia: @djl PE , @MadamPirate PE , @ChebyshevII PE
Mafia Investigator: @txjennah PE
Mafia Doctor: @NikR_PE

Solver of the "octopus" riddle: @djl PE
MVP, no doubt: @Dothracki PE

Congratulations to @djl PE for celebrating your first child! So happy for you! Please enjoy this special time with your family!

Good game everyone! Thank you for letting me mod this round. It was fun!

Celebratory doctor post!

who_da_man_doctor_who.gif

Interesting round. I'm really surprised that we won.

On a side note I placed an order for a Drysuit this morning and requested "Salty Steve" be embroidered on the shoulder. Maybe that will encourage people to call me something other than Scuba Steve 🤣

Now I just have to wait for 12 weeks until it gets here....

The townie victory was set in motion from the first night. At first, I thought it was going to be a landslide mafia win. The town lynched their own investigator the first day (@beccabun PE ), and @djl PE won the bullet-proof vest, so it looked like it was going to be mafia all the way. However, on the first night the mafia couldn't agree on the nightkill. They split with a 2-2 tie between @JayKay PE and @SaltySteve PE . Then @Dothracki PE came up with miraculous saves the following nights. After Day1, it was a complete townie sweep.

Not sure how popular this format has been with you guys, but I'm in for next round!

The townie victory was set in motion from the first night. At first, I thought it was going to be a landslide mafia win. The town lynched their own investigator the first day (@beccabun PE ), and @djl PE won the bullet-proof vest, so it looked like it was going to be mafia all the way. However, on the first night the mafia couldn't agree on the nightkill. They split with a 2-2 tie between @JayKay PE and @SaltySteve PE . Then @Dothracki PE came up with miraculous saves the following nights. After Day1, it was a complete townie sweep.

Not sure how popular this format has been with you guys, but I'm in for next round!
Plus I was like 5 minutes late with solving the riddle 🤬

Plus I was like 5 minutes late with solving the riddle 🤬
A few of you solved the riddle within an hour of me posting it. At first I figured I made a serious mistake by arming the already OP mafia with basically an extra life, but the townies did well.

As for the riddle, it was something I came across years ago. It's basically "Einstein's Riddle" and I simply re-arranged the names. I passed it around to family members at our wedding, and after a couple of days, no one had solved it. I under-estimated you guys!

https://udel.edu/~os/riddle.html

Back