EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There were errors by both sides in this game. The lack of a nightkill on night 1 hurt the mafia. But the RNG/RPS consistently benefited the town. I RNG'd the tie last night before the RPS came in, and roar lost. The RPS came in 10 seconds later, and certainly within the allowed time, so I deferred to it for transparency. And roar still lost. The lack of voting by townies on several days also hurt the town - this happened several times so it can't be attribute to anyone in particular.

I gamed out the endgame Day 6. It looked really good for the town. Like: "Were in the endgame now" gif territory. But all that assumed that there weren't two mislynches and everyone played their part.
I said we had a definite win on Tuesday based on the people in the townie thread versus people not in the townie thread.

Seriously! I can't understand how the F$%^ @EyehatethePEexam survived, much less won the game! I'm not even talking about using game theory or anything sophisticated. A couple players noticed and pointed out that he said how many mafia there were. That was the obvious red flag, but there were so so many other hints. I figured the town had to know! But after the investigation induced lynches ended and @Dothracki PE was being voted for, I thought that it had to be a set up. Nope, just a total mislynch.

OTOH, I can't figure out of the town correctly picked @txjennah PE as mafia. I did a WPA analysis mid game for each player and even looked for hints with some omnipotence, and couldn't see anything that id'd her as mafia. So I guess it balances with the above mislynch?

All of the above is predicated on what I see through the thread, and the cop, doc, and mafia PMs. I'm blind to anything that might happen in side PMs.
I intentionally put the wrong number of dark wizards down- we had 5 and I said 4 thinking that ignorance would simulate innocence...afterward I realized that was a misplay as number of mafia was unknown. Beyond that I think it was just "we know he's a dark wizard, we can pick him off tomorrow after we get so-and-so" until we had most of the vets picked off. I think my/our biggest failure of the game was forgetting to whack someone the first night. That put us in a bunch of coin-flip situations.

Hahaha, no everyone just forgot to vote for a nightkill.
Um wait, what I meant was...
We were so confident in the win that we figured we'd spot you a kill. Yeah, that's what happened.

It was also part of my master strategy which will be revealed at a later date.

fify

When I gamed things out, I figured that @txjennah PE and @squaretaper LIT AF PE would be figured out based on POE. But that assumed a branch where @EyehatethePEexam was eliminated instead of you.

LOL! You were investigated by both cops on day 1. You never had a chance.

The rest were:
MP: nikr, roar, jk
beccabun: duran, mp, <intentional skip>, blueblueprint

Whether she knew it or not, the doctor was always protecting a cop. Well at least up until the last couple days. On Day 3 I think @vhab49_PE figured out that @beccabun PE was a cop. How? idk.
She trusted me, I guess because of my unfailing honesty? And the townies accepted me for that as well. Storke of luck picking MP to protect the first two ngihts, day two @beccabun PE reached out and after a bit of convo I told her I knew who the meidwiz was, and she said she was an auror. That was the night she investigated MP, and gave me info that I don't think anyone else knew, so I decided to trust her. That is when we knew JP was mafia, since neither knew if he was the mediwiz until I said he was not. (Still had not said I was the mediwiz at this point). At some point i got added to confirmed townies and told everyone I was my source (mediwiz). Then I started alternating between MP & Becca, until they were both nightkilled, and it all went downhill from there. We just could not get it done.

She trusted me, I guess because of my unfailing honesty? And the townies accepted me for that as well. Storke of luck picking MP to protect the first two ngihts, day two @beccabun PE reached out and after a bit of convo I told her I knew who the meidwiz was, and she said she was an auror. That was the night she investigated MP, and gave me info that I don't think anyone else knew, so I decided to trust her. That is when we knew JP was mafia, since neither knew if he was the mediwiz until I said he was not. (Still had not said I was the mediwiz at this point). At some point i got added to confirmed townies and told everyone I was my source (mediwiz). Then I started alternating between MP & Becca, until they were both nightkilled, and it all went downhill from there. We just could not get it done.
Correct, after I investigated @DuranDuran, he told me that @vhab can always be trusted so I reached out.

There were errors by both sides in this game. The lack of a nightkill on night 1 hurt the mafia. But the RNG/RPS consistently benefited the town mafia. I RNG'd the tie last night before the RPS came in, and roar lost. The RPS came in 10 seconds later, and certainly within the allowed time, so I deferred to it for transparency. And roar still lost. The lack of voting by townies on several days also hurt the town - this happened several times so it can't be attribute to anyone in particular.
fixed

I'd really love to know the sequence of cop investigations.

I guess specifically I'm curious about when @SaltySteve approached me and ask if I was a cop. Was that a genuine question? I assume that I had been investigated.

At that point I seriously considered lying and pretending to be the cop, which would seem to be easier to pull off when there are multiple.
When I PM'd you, I was just speculating. I really thought you were the cop. It didn't occur to me until I made the $0.02 post that it could have been mafia mechanics in play as well. I didn't get pulled into the Town thread until after I got axed.

Back