EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i hate resumes. and my engineer friend who knows is like "yeah resumes in fed gov are diff. mine was 8pages for my promotion" and hes trying to get me to move to CA or DC. my temperament isn't suited for gov't. 
Eight pages? Not sure what job he was applying for? Maybe it was for an SES position and it included the ECQs. 

Most agencies allow a maximum of 5,000 character resumes, and that's even for GS15 and ST positions. My govt resume is less than three full pages. I have to leave stuff out and write densely.

I haven't updated my full academic CV in a very long time, that one might make it to 10 pages. But I can't think of any federal position that would require it that level of detail. 

Eight pages? Not sure what job he was applying for? Maybe it was for an SES position and it included the ECQs. 

Most agencies allow a maximum of 5,000 character resumes, and that's even for GS15 and ST positions. My govt resume is less than three full pages. I have to leave stuff out and write densely.

I haven't updated my full academic CV in a very long time, that one might make it to 10 pages. But I can't think of any federal position that would require it that level of detail. 
I have never done a full academic CV.

I've been keeping my resume to 2 pages. It's not easy.

Five mafia would be very favorable to the mafia. Parity for five mafia would require a 25 player game.
I thought the formula was always number of rounddown(# players/4)?  So if you have 10 players = 10/4 =2.5 = 2 mafia; we've recently been playing round of 12 players and there has always been 3 mafia in that case.  Last big round, which I think was 16 or 18 players, was 4 mafia.  So I def think was 21 players = 21/4 = 5.25 players = 5 players.

Which is super suspish that you're already arguing less mafia.

*squintiest of eyes*

Last edited by a moderator:
ditto.  And yet...I find myself employed by the government.
because your sitch and my ex's (worked for state gov) - i was like "yeah no".

i once had a friend tell me i'd do great in gov. and it's like i can't handle the nonsense & politics of private, why tf would i do better in gov?! 

I thought the formula was always number of rounddown(# players/4)?  So if you have 10 players = 10/4 =2.5 = 2 mafia; we've recently been playing round of 12 players and there has always been 3 mafia in that case.  Last big round, which I think was 16 or 18 players, was 4 mafia.  So I def think was 21 players = 21/4 = 5.25 players = 5 players.

Which is super suspish that you're already arguing less mafia.

*squintiest of eyes*
The mafia win chance is about 50% when the town has an investigator and m=sqrt(p). Where m=number of mafia; p=number of total players.

21 players should have 4.6 mafia, which rounds up to five. IMHO I think rounding up is a bit too favorable to the odds in this situation. But it may still work to help keep the game finish before the holidays.

I write my resume as "relevant engineering experience" and just select the jobs I've had that go with the position I'm applying for. Things fall off but I make sure to bring those up in the interview if possible. No one hiring for an Engineering position cares that I worked at Radio Shack for 5 years way back when. Resumes are the appetizer that gets you the interview.  

Current Vote:

12/15

Players

Day 1 Votes

tj_PE

rebecca1

DuranDuran

vhab49_PE

@JayKay PE

jean15paul_PE

NikR_PE

chart94