EB Mafia

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Disclaimer... This is going to be dumb and is almost definitely a bad idea.

I've been tossing around an idea in my head... a variation on the mafia game. Similar setup and goal, but no one knows which side they are on.

Start with half mafia and half townies. You want your team to win, but no one knows what team their on. Everyone votes during the day and someone is lynched. Everyone votes for a nightkill, but only the mafia votes are counted.

Each side would get an investigator. I haven't figured out the investigator mechanic yet. But I'm thinking they know what side they are on and can start building a coalition. No PM's maybe, or maybe not. Each side gets a doc too?

I don't know. I haven't completely figured it out. But I'm kinda excited by the idea.

I've been tossing around an idea in my head... a variation on the mafia game. Similar setup and goal, but no one knows which side they are on.

Start with half mafia and half townies. You want your team to win, but no one knows what team their on. Everyone votes during the day and someone is lynched. Everyone votes for a nightkill, but only the mafia votes are counted.

Each side would get an investigator. I haven't figured out the investigator mechanic yet. But I'm thinking they know what side they are on and can start building a coalition. No PM's maybe, or maybe not. Each side gets a doc too?

I don't know. I haven't completely figured it out. But I'm kinda excited by the idea.
You're just messin' with us, right?

That would be interesting. It would definitely add a different dynamic.

You'd have to run it.

Though I have wanted to introduce something like the nurse or deputy who only step in after the 'lead' role is killed, but they have a less success rate?

So a double blind setup?  

There are a lot of variants on this website: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Mini_Setups

I don't see that specifically listed but doesn't mean it won't work

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe @MadamPirate PEmentioned the romance novel about someone falling in love with the coronavirus. Did you have a lot of questions hearing that "Kissing the Coronavirus" is a thing that exists? Like why? How?  Seriously?

Ask no further:

https://www.facebook.com/vee.wills.940/posts/727331924487389

HAPPY FRIDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

edit: These excerpts are NSFW but if you're working from home like me YOU'RE ALL GOOD

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe @MadamPirate PEmentioned the romance novel about someone falling in love with the coronavirus. Did you have a lot of questions hearing that "Kissing the Coronavirus" is a thing that exists? Like why? How?  Seriously?

Ask no further:

edit: These excerpts are NSFW but if you're working from home like me YOU'RE ALL GOOD
Dangit @txjennah PE!!!!!!
My day is done after reading that

Ask no further:

It wasn't me, it was @LyceeFruit PE!!! But I've seen a couple excerpts and 🤮

Ask no further:

They should create a whole series for antivaxers to read.

Ask no further:

twas I!

And those were probably the ones I saw - I'm at work so I'm not clicking 

Back